Sign in to follow this  
bluegrassbrawler

Best match ever?

Impressive Waylon is a beast and a great coach and friend to all the kids he has worked with ,heard he was living in NKY now ,what an awesome coach he would be again.

215lbs Taylor Scherer South Oldham vs Coffey, TN (Catholic School, cant remember the name of the school).

Taylor was KY 3x and Coffey (not sure of his success in TN, but he was huge, cut and athletic)

Anyone who saw that match remembers it, great match!

215lbs Taylor Scherer South Oldham vs Coffey, TN (Catholic School, cant remember the name of the school).

Taylor was KY 3x and Coffey (not sure of his success in TN, but he was huge, cut and athletic)

Anyone who saw that match remembers it, great match!

John Paul II

John Paul II

Thanks Coach Brown,

I couldnt remember the school, but that was an incredible match, High School wresling at its best.

I think Taylor won in overtime but it could have gone to either wrestler.

Matt zarth from henry clay vs. Kid from ritz high school from Indiana.( can't remember his name) it was the finals at lafayette a few yrs back. Zarth lost in a close match, but man it was a battle. Two great wrestlers going at it.

I also really enjoyed watching the 2001 275 State Final. Mike Ramsey (CACO) vs Marlon Dill (NHAR). Lots of action for a heavyweight match. Very exciting end to a state tournament.

2003 140 State Finals between Scott Cooper (LARU) and Luke Metzger (HENC)

I had this posted on our website (LaRue Co) a few years ago. I have it downloaded somewhere and if I can find it will repost it and then post a link to it on here. It was an incredible match and from the perspective of a LaRue coach, there was nothing controversial about the final call! :D

I'm a little bias

but 2007 quarterfinals 152 Golsby Vs Ervin.

Golsby winning by 1 with 30 seconds to go gets taken down by Ervin then scrables to an almost reversal at the buzzer.

I had this posted on our website (LaRue Co) a few years ago. I have it downloaded somewhere and if I can find it will repost it and then post a link to it on here. It was an incredible match and from the perspective of a LaRue coach, there was nothing controversial about the final call! :D

Haha! I bet some HC folks might disagree. Lol. Out of all the people who truly cared about the outcome, only 50% were gonna be satisfied with the final call. I wasn't invested one way or another, I was just glad to be a witness. If there was ever a match that neither kid deserved to lose, it had to be that one. All due respect to Cooper for a job well done.

Not sure you would call it the best match ever, but I would definitely call it the best beginning to a match ever. Just before the finals of the 2003 5-Star Classic at Lafayette. Metzker's versus Cooper. Just before Metzker went out to wrestle his coach slapped him on both sides of the face. He then went out and dominated Cooper, now maybe if that happens before the 2003 finals Metzker wins rather than Cooper. Their 140 final was the best match, for me, especially as Cooper came back and won after being knocked out earlier in the match.

• Upvote 1

Please post this when you get it. I never got to watch the match because it was right after mine.

Not sure you would call it the best match ever, but I would definitely call it the best beginning to a match ever. Just before the finals of the 2003 5-Star Classic at Lafayette. Metzker's versus Cooper. Just before Metzker went out to wrestle his coach slapped him on both sides of the face. He then went out and dominated Cooper, now maybe if that happens before the 2003 finals Metzker wins rather than Cooper. Their 140 final was the best match, for me, especially as Cooper came back and won after being knocked out earlier in the match.

"knocked out"? 2003 doesn't seem that long ago but, if it were to happen today, he would not have been able to continue the match.

1999 WCI finals between TN State Champ Waylon Lowe, and KY State Champ Chris Dunn. Very exciting match. For those who don't know, Dunn won by decision.

Waylon got hosed in that match. He had the takedown a couple of times but was called out of bounds. That was a good match though