Sign in to follow this  
CERON

Trinity, Woodford Co., Ryle, Union Co., Mark Hall etc.

If you notice (which you don't, grapplesack, or you wouldn't keep making the senseless point), it's about middle schoolers. Your inference to Knable is like comparing apples to oranges. You're making no sense in using him as an example. The discussion is about MIDDLE SCHOOLERS wrestling for schools they don't attend. Hall does NOT go to Ryle High School. Yet he wrestles for them because he is in their middle school feeder program. Lampe's kid must be in St.X's feeder program. He is not allowed to wrestle for them because it is a KHSAA rule. Lampe sounds irritated at the system in place because it excludes good kids who shouldn't be penalized because they are in the "wrong" place. You must not have any children because parents who love their kids want to give them opportunities for lots of things, not just wrestling. The KHSAA rule stinks. That's what he's saying. You apparently think it's okay to penalize children because their parents are religious or rich or whatever it is that you're not.  I wonder why you're even on this board if you aren't supportive of the kids' having a fair chance at wrestling one another. You obviously think private school kids don't deserve what Mark Hall deserves.

bashing on CC will get the thread locked for su  re, way to go ryledad.

The  :evil: made me do it but Ranger can feel free to delete the post.  Just trying to lighten the mood.  So much anger out there.  We might need to consider metal detectors at the state tournament.

Oh I'm sorry Danger. I didn't know an attribute of being hardworking trumps all others. Let me recap the answers our hard working father has given to attend the catholic schools. Morals, academics, the love of their coach, their coach moved from a public to a private school.  Wow! All very valid points.  Now what does that have to do with this hard working man being "irritated" by a 7th grader moving into a district and wrestling.  I have some advise for Mr. Hardworking loving and caring dad.  Buy a tent and move into Ryle's district. Your 7th grade son will then be allowed to wrestle. Once a freshman, move back to Louisville and wrestle for St X.  Make the committment and move just like the Hall family did.

As for me, I have been summoned to the outdoors and the cold snow by Danger. Perhaps I will make a sexually ambiguous snowperson and place grapplenutz on it thereby making him a snowman. 

This is not about the catholic religion. I have seen many kids I am sure are really baptist wrestle and play football for Trinity and ST X, lol.

No coffee it's not about the middleschool rule. I understand it and Hardworks points. He should have made the point without bashing or being irritated by Hall.  To point out Hall and negate his parent's love and committments is disgusting. He should have made his point without even mentioning Hall's name. The Hall situation has nothing to do with his own situation. I was only pointing out the catholic schools aren't help to many of the rules the public schools have to adhere to. I used Knable as an example. I think it hit a nerve. Hall's parents obviously love him very much and want good things for him. They made the committment and should be allowed to wrestle. Lampe should make his point without being irritated or bringing in Hall's situation.  His point is valid but not using Hall as an example. I was pointing out Lampe has options should he choose to exercise those rights and committments. I doubt he will buy a tent and move to Ryle. But he could if he wanted!

I apologize to Mark Hall and his family if I insulted them.I will refrase it is irritating to me that kentuckys rules regarding middleschoolers wrestling varsity are so outdated that a athelete can openly state they are moving into ky to take advantage of a rule giving this athelete opportunities that atheletes currently residing here having wrestled middleschool for years here arent permitted to have.I could move back and forth to gain these advantages but that would place sports at a higher priorty than I believe they truly are and would send the wrong message to my children,and if I was going to move my family for the sake of wrestling we would be heading for UNION county. Grapplesack I tried very hard not to get personal with the Halls,their ability to do what they are doing for their 7th grader is just another slap in the face to those of us who have been told NO you cant do that for your child for years now. Again to the Halls I meant no disrespect to you Mark is obviously a great wrestler and you are taking advantage of an opportunity that is there. I apologized just in case the Halls were offended but you grapplesack are one of those sad egomaniacs with a need to appear right even though everything you started defending was proven incorrect so you turn your attack on me.There are many ways to describe me but small and pathetic dont come most peoples minds who know me,I hope we meet someday so I  can get the proper description of you.

Alot of the people are missing the point of this post and are still not supportive of these guys and their programs for being successful.  Its not about a middle school kid wrestling varsity, a catholic vs public school. It's about showing your support and to stop bashing each other. THE ONLY WAY KY WILL BE STRONGER AS A STATE IN THIS SPORT IS THROUGH SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE! WE CAN COMPETE WITH EVERYONE ELSE NATIONALLY IF WE SUPPORT EACH OTHER.!!

i agree, if the top atheletes from each weight could go to a tournement like beast of the east and compete as a team would help the state out a whole lot. the biggest problem with something like that is not all the champions have the money to pay to do something like that. my younger brother qualified to go to fargo this summer, but due to the cost was unable to send him. if there was a coach that could organize and come up with a way to make this happen then lets do it. i also agree some of the rules khsaa has in place with changing schools or not being able to compete at the varsity level should be revised, as well having some county's do open enrollment when others are forced to go to a school just because where they live. in hardin county for example you dont get to choose central over john over north, you go to whichever school district you live in. but if im not mistaken i also believe you can pay tuition to go to another school if you have the money. its not fair to be good enough to wrestle varsity but cant if your going to go to a private school, but its not fair to have to wrestle for a school just because where you live and because your parents cant aford to send you any where else. atheletics may not be the reason some choose st x over trinity, but there are some people who will sen there child to a school just for atheletics for college purposes.

I think everybody is missing the point about middle schoolers not being able to wrestle with the private schools.

the public  middle schools and high schools fall under the same governing bodies the local school board and khsaa.

which means that when kids play varsity sports they are covered under the schools and khsaa rules and insurance policies. the private middle schools are not.

Talk about rules, in MI a HS wrestler can't attend any of the big ones (Beast of the east, Ironman, or freshman/sophomore/junior Nationals) is that fair?

If you don't like the rules get them changed through the KHSAA  :roll:/ Move to where you like their rules  :-o/ Stay here, live with them and cry  :cry:about them on KYwrestling.com

D.

Hindu56, I posted this statement earlier in the post;

How about this for starters. To prove we are good as a state, we need to find a sponsor to send our best kids from around the state as a team to different nationals to prove our state is growing in the sport. Not just a few guys but everyone we can. If we come together as coaches and try to make this happen i believe that parents and companies will jump on board to help send our kids to see the best competition. Spread the word and see what happens. Find out who's interested. I would love to see a team from KY of state champs and placers go to a tourney together and prove themselves to the rest of the country.

Talk about rules, in MI a HS wrestler can't attend any of the big ones (Beast of the east, Ironman, or freshman/sophomore/junior Nationals) is that fair?

If you don't like the rules get them changed through the KHSAA  :roll:/ Move to where you like their rules  :-o/ Stay here, live with them and cry  :cry:about them on KYwrestling.com

D.

D.

Hindu56, I posted this statement earlier in the post;

How about this for starters. To prove we are good as a state, we need to find a sponsor to send our best kids from around the state as a team to different nationals to prove our state is growing in the sport. Not just a few guys but everyone we can. If we come together as coaches and try to make this happen i believe that parents and companies will jump on board to help send our kids to see the best competition. Spread the word and see what happens. Find out who's interested. I would love to see a team from KY of state champs and placers go to a tourney together and prove themselves to the rest of the country.

Coach Dave Barnes is going to have National Training and may try and put together a national team for competition during the spring and early summer for middle school and high school. Maybe this fits into his plans. I would say he is qualified, we would just have to find fundraisers to pay for training,travel, and entry fees. I know its tough for guys from the southern part of the state to get up north, but maybe we break the state up into 2 regions for training and meet for wrestle offs like they do for middle school. just a thought.

As proof check out the web sites for these and see all the MI wrestlers/teams. (none)

Yes MI kids will be at Senior Nationals, because they will no longer wrestle in HS in MI.

2009 NHSCA Freshman Nationals;

http://test.escapesports.com/LiveResults/NHSCA/2009_NHSCA_Freshman.pdf

2009 NHSCA Sophomore Nationals;

http://test.escapesports.com/LiveResults/NHSCA/2009_NHSCA_Sophomore.pdf

2009 NHSCA Junior Nationals;

http://test.escapesports.com/LiveResults/NHSCA/2009_NHSCA_Junior.pdf

Beast of the East

http://www.beastwrestling.comWalshIronman

WalshIronman

http://www.walshironman.com/new/index.php

WOW long topic mostly about nothing.

However I must now put my 2 cents in.

As for the Mark Hall thing.  If the kid is going to attend Ryle middle school and finish his middle schooling there I don't care what he does after middle school.

However the rumor mill says this.  (I have no confermation of any of this) He came to Ryle middle school somewhere in October after attending a middle school in MI.  After this wrestling season he will return to said middle school in MI to finish out the 2010 school year. He will then return to Ryle middle school next school year in October then leave again in Feb. 

If this is the case then I have a huge problem with the whole situation.

As for the middle school situation.  Every kid has the opportunity to wrestle in the state of KY.  choices sometimes have to be made.  If you really want your kid to wrestle varsity as a middle schooler.  Then take the Hall's path.  Move to a middle school away from Lou.  (Maybe Ryle) attend that middle school for 2 years and participate at the high school level.  Then move back to Lou. attend St. X or Trinity then you can have your 4 years there.

It is still possible just not logical, but it is not logical that the Hall's are living in a Mobile home so there kid can wrestle either.

This is the opinion Of GOO nothing more and nothing less.

GOO out.

I agree GOO.  If the rumor is true then the parents are clearly choosing athletics over academics.  This sends the wrong message to our youth that sports are more important than their studies which can be nothing further from the truth.  Some would disagree but in my opinion this is different than a family changing school districts and the student/athlete completing his/her schooling at the institution of their choice.  Honestly I hope Mark Hall stays here in Kentucky until he graduates middle school and after if he chooses to do so.  While we will never be able to really claim him as a Kentucky wrestler (as many have seemingly done with the Murtons) but he does show the state what is possible with hard work and excellent coaching.

Personally I love watching him compete.  His technique is fluid and he never loses his composure, even after a controversial call.  Did anyone see Bradbury screaming at his coaches after he lost to Hall at the South Oldham tourney?  Will he dominate the state after Bradbury leaves?  Unless Fahy is in his weight class, probably.  Will he "steal" medals from KY wrestlers who have worked hard?  Yes but nobody complained when the Murtons and Warner moved in (For the record I have no problems with them moving in and competing.  I liked watching them compete as well and have known all three to be class acts).

As I, and GOO, said above if he moves back to Michigan for the rest of the year and then moves back again in October this is completely wrong and should be addressed by the KHSAA and the national governing body for high school athletics (if there is such a thing).  However if he stays for his entire middle school "career" then get off his, and his parents', back and let the boy compete just like everyone did with Jairus, Jacob and Ben.

I couldnt possibly agree more. I would love to see this kid live here untill he graduates 8th grade and compete the remainder of this year as well as next year. HOWEVER, if this family moves back to Michigan after the completion of wrestling season then moves back again in September or October there should absolutely be something in the KHSAA guidelines declairing him ineligable. Lets hope this is nothing more than rumors and the family stays untill Mark graduates middle school next year. He is definetly an elite wrestler. lets hope he is getting the guidance to make him as exceptional a person as a wrestler

WOW, I normally just read the youth discussion board but this one really had some bite in it.I might start reading it more often when i transfer my kid from China to win the KY ping-pong state title. LOL, everyone lighten up and start getting ready  for the best time of the year, THE WRESTLING STATE Championships.

Coach Dave Barnes is going to have National Training and may try and put together a national team for competition during the spring and early summer for middle school and high school. Maybe this fits into his plans. I would say he is qualified, we would just have to find fundraisers to pay for training,travel, and entry fees. I know its tough for guys from the southern part of the state to get up north, but maybe we break the state up into 2 regions for training and meet for wrestle offs like they do for middle school. just a thought.

So pretty much like a Team Kentucky. That would be great to do, I never really had the chance to join Team Alaska whenI was there.

Not to go way back into this discussion, but there were some comments about Jefferson County students being allowed to attend high school wherever they chose.  This is not correct.  There was a student who wished to go to my school, but was not allowed because he did not live in a particular part of the west end.  Honestly, I'm not completely up on the school zones, etc., but I do know for a fact that Jefferson County students cannot attend high school anywhere they choose.  Just for clarification.

I think everybody is missing the point about middle schoolers not being able to wrestle with the private schools.

the public  middle schools and high schools fall under the same governing bodies the local school board and khsaa.

which means that when kids play varsity sports they are covered under the schools and khsaa rules and insurance policies. the private middle schools are not.

Not true

Why does MI allow Seniors to particpate and not the under classman?

Actually, say if a MI senior went to NHSCA tourney in Va.Beach, and this young man played a spring sport. He would be ineligible to play that sport.

Just saw recently MHSAA is going to allow there kids to attend the FloNationals Open.