Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2016/2017 - JANUARY 20

I will take the blame on this delay; we had an update ready to go and I got sidetracked and didn't post at the end of last week, so we waited to reflect at least a couple results from the weekend (but not nearly everything).  We will pull a late night some time this next week and get a good update ready heading into state duals.

A couple notes.  This has been noted before, but probably needs to be said again.  Team rankings (both individual and dual) are formula based and driven by the individual rankings.  If you disagree with the teams then there must be an individual or two that you think is off.  So for duals, YES, there will be rankings that totally contradict actual results.  The formula does not take into account shifting lineups, upsets, or kids missing.  Also, we have removed a few additional high impact wrestlers based on inactivity.  Nothing personal, but we are going to wait for them to get back on the mat and then slide them back in.

I also want to thank some parents who messaged me recently to make sure i saw both wins AND losses for their kid.  I appreciate the input and integrity in the process.

Rankings_16_17_0120.pdf

Dalton Bell at 160 from Larue County is now ranked at #16 but this past weekend he knocked off #13 Griffin Dulak from John Hardin. Not trying to change your rankings, but i was just informing you of this.

Another great job!  There seems to be several good tournaments coming up this weekend that should showcase a LOT of our talent!

Then we have state duals!  I don't know about you guys, I am FIRED up!

Good luck to all coaches and athletes as they compete!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

I will take the blame on this delay; we had an update ready to go and I got sidetracked and didn't post at the end of last week, so we waited to reflect at least a couple results from the weekend (but not nearly everything).  We will pull a late night some time this next week and get a good update ready heading into state duals.

A couple notes.  This has been noted before, but probably needs to be said again.  Team rankings (both individual and dual) are formula based and driven by the individual rankings.  If you disagree with the teams then there must be an individual or two that you think is off.  So for duals, YES, there will be rankings that totally contradict actual results.  The formula does not take into account shifting lineups, upsets, or kids missing.  Also, we have removed a few additional high impact wrestlers based on inactivity.  Nothing personal, but we are going to wait for them to get back on the mat and then slide them back in.

I also want to thank some parents who messaged me recently to make sure i saw both wins AND losses for their kid.  I appreciate the input and integrity in the process.

Rankings_16_17_0120.pdf

Great explanation, let's hope some actually read it!!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GranbyMaster said:

Dalton Bell at 160 from Larue County is now ranked at #16 but this past weekend he knocked off #13 Griffin Dulak from John Hardin. Not trying to change your rankings, but i was just informing you of this.

I believe it was Levi Goodin previously at 152 that beat that beat Griffin Dulak at 160 at the dual last weekend, I could be wrong. It was a good move on Larue coaches part either way. Thanks for your time in putting the rankings together Ranger!

18 hours ago, Wrestling is life said:

Jake Mosley beat jalin Polin pinned second period wth 106 like fr

Jake, stay off the forums and wrestle. 

• Upvote 3

A few thoughts from the Capital City Classic, Mattingly from Apollo is a top 3 kid in the state at 106lbs. Miller has been looking really good at 113lbs. Insko at 120lbs with wins over Roth and a few others should be higher. Moore and Castellano are both studs. Mason Smith is a man... Bratcher put a fight against Cornett, he should do well at state. Simon Kenton is a very underrated team and should be a top 3 school IMO. Walton Verona looked good and LaRue County and Madison Central all had very well rounded teams.

Rankings looked about right, #4 WV, #6 MC, #8 SK, #10 LC teams finished 2nd WV, 3rd MC, 1st SK, 4th LC respectively.

Region 6 is going to be a battle up North.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

These rankings came out before the Capital City classic so I'm sure the next batch will update accordingly with those results. 

Oh I know, just throwing my 2 cents out there from an educated spectator. These fellas do a good job, they're always asking for more information to make the rankings more accurate.

I expect after state duals things will really be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Spoke to coach McCoy today and he wanted to relay that Zach Chandler 182 from Male will be out for the season with shoulder injury. Payton Martin will now be at 182

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, tntsen said:

I believe it was Levi Goodin previously at 152 that beat that beat Griffin Dulak at 160 at the dual last weekend, I could be wrong. It was a good move on Larue coaches part either way. Thanks for your time in putting the rankings together Ranger!

no, it was Dlaton Bell that beat Griffin Dulak

On 1/21/2017 at 11:48 PM, tntsen said:

If you're talking about sectionals, it was Bell who beat Dulak.