Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Dream Match

I've done this topic a couple of times over the years. If you could have a dream match between past and present wrestlers, who would it be and why? Keep this thread fun and light hearted. No since in getting it shut down. To start out, I'd like to see Rodney Hawkins (former Christian Co State Champ) vs Lampe St. X. Something just tells me that this would make for a great match up. I'll take Rodney in a close one. I'd also like to see Tim Lawson (former Henry Clay State Champ) vs Andreoni WC. Talk about technical! Wow! Hammers. I'll take Andreoni in another close one.

Brock Ervin at 106 vs Saul at 106

As 8th graders I definitely go with Brock. If you let Saul come in as a freshman vs Brock as an 8th grader that might be a fun one.

I'll go with two of my all time favorite wrestlers: John Wolseifer (Fern Creek) vs Jon Wiard (Frankfort).

Here's how I see it going. After a minute and a half of tough hand fighting and pummeling Wolseifer gets a takedown and ride out and leads 2-0 at end of first. Wiard takes down and quickly escapes, gets taken down again, gets away, and is taken down again and trails 6-2 at the end of the second. Wolseifer takes down. After some hard riding they get into a crazy scramble during which Wiard locks up his patented cradle and pins Wolseifer with 3 seconds left on the clock.

Ok if were dreaming,i would like to have seen Nathan Boston vs Brock Ervin,yes i know 2 different weights but imo the 2 best to ever come out of the state.

• Upvote 1

How about this one:  Mark Hitchings, 1981 champ at 167lbs vs. Brad Hitchings, 2009 and 2010 champ at 171 lbs.  We still argue over this.  I think I could have whipped Brad!!

Here is one for you.

Both have two totally different styles but both very solid and very technical.

Dave Barnes (Simon Kenton 135) vs Sean Fausz (Campbell County 138)

you can throw bo hines into that fricas too

Because they were two guys I got to see compete and dominate in my career, Mitch Ervin (Union County) and Harrison Courtney (Woodford County) their senior years. Pretty sure they never wrestled because Mitch was always a bit bigger.

Courtney would have the advantage on the mat while Mitch couldn't be touched on his feet.

How about this one:  Mark Hitchings, 1981 champ at 167lbs vs. Brad Hitchings, 2009 and 2010 champ at 171 lbs.  We still argue over this.  I think I could have whipped Brad!!

I'd take Brad in this one.  I've seen Brad do things on the mat that you couldn't have dreamed of in your day

I'd take Brad in this one.  I've seen Brad do things on the mat that you couldn't have dreamed of in your day

Good call out Jim, not to mention Brads probably learned how to defend that Navy Ride we've heard about a few times.

But it might be close, it's not to late they could still wrestle.

How about this raider coach.

Matt lee vs Mike Lee. 2 state champs

We wrestled off one time in the 7th grade.  The winner had the luxury of wrestling eventual state champion Tommy Storms off for varsity.  I regret to inform you that Matt beat me in OT.  He holds it over my head to this day.  As I remember it, I had the flu and had a temperature of 104 at the time ;).  I think I got the last laugh though, watching Tommy beat Matt like a drum for the final wrestle off. 

Those were the days.  I just loved getting in 4-man shark baits with Tommy Storms, Chris Rump, and John Roth as a 7th grader.  All of them pounded me in their own unique way.  Tommy liked to put me on my back in two seconds and proceed to bury his chin in my eye socket for the remaining 2 minutes.  Chris was the meanest of the group. He usually liked to find different ways of hurting me with arm bars and crossfaces.  John loved practicing his 5-pt throws on me.  I got a ton of practice fighting off my back in the 7th grade.   

Sign in to follow this