Sign in to follow this  
Has Been

"BIG Early Match-Ups"

Big Quarter finals match, that might have been a finals match..

Number 1 vs. 2:

R2-1st Wade Holtsclaw, JOHD, 30-1, 12

R8-1st Sam Preston, JOHN, 47-1, 12

Still no reason to Seed all the Region Champs :huh:

• Upvote 1

Bryant and Troxell in round 2

Blackwell and Adams in round 2

Myers and mcilrath in round 2

Jones and Canter in round 2

These are a few huge matchs I saw in rd 2. Will make for some great early round matches.

The number 1 an 2 ranked kids second match lmao

So Mcilraith lost to Courtney so he's the two ,

160 going out on SAMs side it looks like , Mcilraith second round , Preston 3rd , Montgomery 4th , I'll take Stephen and French in finals , pretty tough side for SAM he will have to earn it ,

Carr and Brown on opposite side of PH ,

ATM and Fair on same side ,

Mathews and Carmen in quarters with pledger on that side as well I think ????

Haven't seem much of the brackets just a glimpse and some word of mouth still seeing some lopsided brackets ..... It's insanity without question same champs but scoring will

Be way off from what a top level seeded tournament would be .

Top hvys on one side , it's totally Fubared . Still looking forward to it it makes it interesting but in all honesty it is totally unfair to some kids having 4 or more of the top 6 kids on one side or worse it's ignorance .

What the heck happened to Gus Adams at regionals?!?! Was he sick, or was it legit?

The stars aligned perfectly for an upset in that moment in time. Can't wrap my brain around that one.

What the heck happened to Gus Adams at regionals?!?! Was he sick, or was it legit?

I really wish I had taped the match.  I was sitting directly in front of the mat with a cam corder in my hand with my jaw dropped to the floor.  Left the tournament that night looking for a full moon.  

How in the heck does the 1 and 2 meet in 2nd round???!!!! We don't need seating do we

The number 2 lost his regional.  That is why they meet up in the 2nd round. 

Could have still happened if the SEED the tourney.

No way it could have happened if the tournament was seeded , no one would put a kid that was seeded 2 nd before regionals against a 1 in the second round even dropping a few after losing regionals he would still most likely be a top eight or twelve kid and not face the 1 in the second round !!! That side has Mcillrath , Myers ,Prestin and Montgomery , with the one facing the other three to get to finals , wouldn't happen in a seeded tournament a one facing 3 of the top six kids to get to finals not 3 of the six on his side but set up where he faces them all to get out , not likely in a seeded tourny , if it even plays out that way some could be upset quite easily ,doesn't matter either way the top two kids will face each other in the finals , one just has a tougher road , even the kid who went OT with the best kid on the opposit side is on the tougher side . Just makes it that much sweeter if you win knowing you went through all the best minus maybe one .

The number 2 lost his regional. That is why they meet up in the 2nd round.

Could have still happened if the SEED the tourney.

I know that's why I'm just saying there needs to be a seating process. No way should the 1 and 2 in the state have to meet in second round. But that's what we have now and we can only make the best of it. Good luck to Jones hope he is ready to bring it.

Part of it comes from being upset in region. If you don't win, you get a 1 in round two. even if you seed, you still get match ups like bryant v troxell in rd 2. you're only going to seed the number ones, so in this example, troxell would still get a top kid in rd 2. and since it would be random draw after the 1's are seeded, this match could still happen at same time. Seeding won't always help, but I agree it will cut down on these matches.

Walton Verona got a tough draw with Roth, Brown and Jones......I got a feeling Coach Barnes will get those young men ready for battle......If anybody can, he can !......Are we talking some early round upsets maybe ????   It's State and anything can and usually does from time to time.....!!!!.......I like those three a lot....They really can crank it up !

How many times have you seen a #4 beat a #1 in the first round?

several times, When region 3 was really down, a lot of their #1s fell, also when there was a 16 man bracket a lot of #4s from our region east Lou/ NKY would win matches vs #1s since it was a loaded region