Sign in to follow this  
dagger

Will Brock be the first 5 timer in KY

Will Brock be a 5 Timer  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brock Win 5 State Titles

there is no doubt in my mind that brock will be the first and probably only 5 time state champ in the state of kentucky for a while. his 8th grade year evrybody thought that since garth beat pat milford that garth was going to win the title, but brock dismantled garth. ya garth is a good wrestler but he is just not on brocks level. then his freshman year he beat an average wrestler in casa de valle. then once again this year he beat the reigning state champ of the 119 weight class in TJ. there is nobody in the stste of kentucky that can handle brock ervin, idc what anybody says. brock is on a level way above anybody else.

If Brock stays healthy he absolutely wins 5 titles! He's on a completely different level! He went from being in a single leg to taking TJ down with a doubleleg! Great match tho! Well worth the price of the ticket!

A wise old coach once told me in order to win a state championship you have to do all the right things. Do them better than everybody else. And, have some luck. So many great wrestlers have been there and done those things but came up short. I say Brock does not. Not because he can't or doesn't deserve to but, merely because the math says it is unlikely. As a fan, I will be rooting for him.

If he stays healthy it would be hard to say he won't . He is to the point now where kids will make adjustments to stay out of his weight class if possible !

Depends if he bumps up to the big boys next year. He can't beat Cooper or meyers as long as he stays in the Lil weights he will win it no problem.

I'm just curious as to why he couldn't beat these guys? Cooper and Meyers are great, but Ervin is right up there with them, possibly better. To flat out say he can't beat them is kinda crazy! But I really doubt he will be in their weight classes next year. I would expect to see him at 132 or 138. With that being said, he will be a 5 time champion.

Well Stephen beat Ruechell 14 to 1 and shoulda been tech or pin 2 yrs ago and he teched Hamilton in the 2nd period last yr ,just sayin and throwing it out for all the trinity fans .but yeah he can be a 5 x er y not and no duh he can't beat Stephen or cooper he can't beat Jude or Austin either??? Smaller weight totally possible I'm looking forward to watching him and some big Norse looking kid win out

I'm just curious as to why he couldn't beat these guys? Cooper and Meyers are great, but Ervin is right up there with them, possibly better. To flat out say he can't beat them is kinda crazy! But I really doubt he will be in their weight classes next year. I would expect to see him at 132 or 138. With that being said, he will be a 5 time champion.

Give Myers an entire year on the mat and you will see why. Cooper is imho the best wrestler in the state right now.

there is no doubt in my mind that brock will be the first and probably only 5 time state champ in the state of kentucky for a while. his 8th grade year evrybody thought that since garth beat pat milford that garth was going to win the title, but brock dismantled garth. ya garth is a good wrestler but he is just not on brocks level. then his freshman year he beat an average wrestler in casa de valle. then once again this year he beat the reigning state champ of the 119 weight class in TJ. there is nobody in the stste of kentucky that can handle brock ervin, idc what anybody says. brock is on a level way above anybody else.

If TJ finishes that takedown I believe he wins. Brock found a way to win a highly contested match. There was no thumping going on. I think he's a great wrestler and with a little luck can win 5 titles, but it won't be easy.

Give Myers an entire year on the mat and you will see why. Cooper is imho the best wrestler in the state right now.

Even with the lack of mat time this season, I think Myers was the most dominating wrestler at the state tournament. Cooper is great too, and I think he and Myers would be a good match. I think Myers would win, however. If Brock was bigger he would also give Myers a good match, but I think Myers would win. Just my opinion.

Size difference between the kids. Look at Caleb he was big but Brock won't be that big. And if myers is going to wrestle in college he will prolly cut down this year to his real weight class unfortunate he couldn't this year, it would have been fireworks between him and fahy. I hope Brock does it cause it's really showing the growth of western ky wrestling. Watch out for these teams

What is most amazing about Brock winning this year, is that he wasn't 100% healthy. After talking with one of the Union County coaches (his dad), Brock's knee was a major concern this season. I think he had several surgeries on it (this season). Nothing against TJ, I think he is an outstanding wrestler. You don't get a scholarship to a BIG 10 school (Wisconsin) for being a so so wrestler. However I feel that Brock is on a hole nother level then most kids in the State. I have no doubts that Brock will be wrestling at the college level at a major wrestling D1 school. This also goes for K. Cooper and S. Myers. Looking forward to see how these kids do at the D1 level in the future.

I hope he does become the first 5 timer in Kentucky. Would be an exceptional accomplishment for anyone. There are alot of factors that could keep him from obtaining his goals. When you wrestle at a high level all the time your body doesn't get much time to rest in between. Hopefully this doesn't happen and we get to see him at a top level from here on out.

Im curious about the relationship of the Ervin boys.

How is Brock related to Mitch, Caleb and others?

Just wondering how big he might get, I think Mitch finished out at 160lbs, doesnt sound like Brock will get that big considering where hes at now as a 10th grader.

I think hes as much fun to watch as any KY kid wrestling today. Always shows a little funk in his style that you dont see out of many KY wrestlers. Seems to be aggresive at the whistle and doesnt stop until the match is decided.

Brock looked great , very impressive TJ is good but He's not on the level of Fahy Stephen Or Kevin or Austin ,funny if I was a three x AA an undefeated state champ for 2 yrs who has never lost to anyone not ranked in the top in the nation all state champs and had to bump up and did what I saw a kid do this yr at state And everyone compared and made comments about kids being better than me I would be pi$$@& off I would probably ,,, well just keep on doing what I did this yr .since Stephen is that good and then some he laughs about it just like when some idiots made him the 2 seed at regionals and they asked him if he was mad and his brother a 1 seed blasted on him he laughed you wrestle who you wrestle seeds are meaningless he was an 18 seed at Iron man finished 4 th not seeded at swowca at all won easy ,but really a 2 seed at reg for a kid ranked 3 rd in the nation in his grade and weight in the beginning of the yr,no wonder he beat the snot out of everyone , keep saying everyone can beat him I have always liked the results , no knock on Brock they will never wrestle , and I like those union wrestlers they are awesome they flow like water I love it , if you think I offended any of you please feel free to talk to me you have a great team I am a fan .

Good luck Brock I bet you and Carr have some awesome practices

Stephen has pinned , techd,and beaten TJ 14 to 1 on a gift from the refs to TJ who was a 1 seed because they didn't want an unseeded kid teching and pinning through SWOWCA ,Stephen is an oac jr high ow winner D1 3rd as a fresh bs and an undefeated st champ in oh as a soph who snatched 3 AA and doubled once and just only wrestled a few weeks bumped up and swept through a ky state tournament with ease much easier than Brock , 3 ky titles is great but don't jump the gun that doesn't amount to squat compared to Stephens record , everyone should just go 45 or 52 next yr so I don't have to listen to this idiocy anymore no sooner do I give a kid props some one starts talking wrestling ignorance the best wrestler in ky is playin x box down the hall from me using one of his Tulsa trophys as drink holder .untill someone proves otherwise and I have a hunch it's going to be the 220 lber who just got back from the gym with me ,

Look throughout the history of the sport. In ky we had two 4 timers who lost at least once in their "Drive for 5". In Virginia just this season a three timer lost to a returning 1x champ in the finals. In Cali in the early 2000's a kid was chasing four and lost his senior year to an eventual 4 timer. Dan Gable losing his senior year of college. Their is so much talent in the state already plus those who will be great in the future, don't think for one minute he has five locked up, there is always someone who could have his number. I hope he does, but like my mother always said, "don't count your chickens 'till all the eggs hatch".

Wow: Don't you guys get it yet?

No one on here is allowed to have an opinion that is contradictory to Mpire's.

Just in case you didn't know Mpire. Contradictory means: going against or say the opposite of another statement or belief.

He has his own fife dome. He is the king just like the idol he is trying to look like (Conan). Just make sure you are out of his way when he goes into one of his r-rages.

Oh wait he can't be Conan, his son is not a Norse god. Oh well I can't keep all this straight any more. I give up whatever Mpire says is correct.

and don't you forget it.