Sign in to follow this  
hackeysack

Raider Rumble

Looks like the top 5 teams in the state will all be competing plus a few out of state teams. Still early so not everyone is down to weight but there should still be some good matchups.

Do JV wrestlers score team points? I was told last year by someone not involved in running the tournament that JV wrestlers were scoring team points. Never checked to see if it was true.

Do JV wrestlers score team points? I was told last year by someone not involved in running the tournament that JV wrestlers were scoring team points. Never checked to see if it was true.

JV wrestlers do not score points. Under Baums Page the JV kids were listed as RYL(X1) or GRUN (X1) etc. to designated extra. So they are not affiliated or listed as being a member of that team. So they did not score points. It is all transparent and online: http://www.baumspage.com/wr/ryle/res10.htm feel free to check. Look on the Rosters page and you will see that X1 is on the list as if it were a team and it has kids from a number of different schools that are the first to get in as non scoring wrestlers. Same thing goes for X2 and so on.

this year it will be even easier to follow and see a complete breakdown of the points that each wrestler scores on track wrestling

How many pools with how many wrestlers, are they doing the usuall 4 pools with 4 wrestlers. And if people don't make weight will a jv wrestler be able to take that spot

This is one of those tournaments that you wish you could go watch, but your team is elsewhere.

Yeah but,there will be some kids there watching who will have their shoes and headgear somewhere close by anyone "ANYONE"need a Warmup "hint hint" partner just grab em I'm sure some people would like to watch them "WARMUP"...

Doubt anyone is up for it though .

Should be a great tournament warmups could be exciting .

Yeah but,there will be some kids there watching who will have their shoes and headgear somewhere close by anyone "ANYONE"need a Warmup "hint hint" partner just grab em I'm sure some people would like to watch them "WARMUP"...

I'm pretty sure people will be watching the real wrestling, but you can pretend the warmups are exciting if you want to.

Wow.

I expect it to be spectacular,with lots of wrestling going on it should be a good tournament I have really seen some of the teams and wrestlers there before sure it will be the highlight of the year for some kids .Nice School nice teams a great weekend of wrestling.

Does this mean your kids won't be at the Derby City. I was gonna go to this tournament just to see what all the fuss is about.

It seems to me that the addition of Larue, plus the other Kentucky teams there such as Union County, Ryle, Trinity, etc. will give Grundy and others a good taste of some of Kentucky's better wrestlers. Now if only Grant County was there...

• Well Grant wont be there but if Grundy wants to wrestle some kids" or anyone else for that matter" from Grant Cty there will be a kid or two in the crowd who would be more than happy to WRESTLE ,Grundy Grundy Grundy ,Joey Dance the best wrestler in virginia found out a time or two so can these guys ,Not going to invade this thread anymore but should anyone care to put their money where their mouth is the #1 195lber in the state will be there and so will the # 1 wrestler in the state period ........open invite anyone from Larue Trinity Grundy wherever .........................................friendly warmup is all (:

I know who he wrestles for and it ain't grundy .....that's the point ,just wondering why grant really isn't in the rumble they are a decent team with three studs their hvy is a diamond in the rough had he been wrestling and properly coached the last few yrs he would be a top state placer.have fun at the rumble its a good warmup for SWOWCA classic .and I have seen some real wrestlers devestate KY state champs there .I see a couple SWOWCA plaques on my wall right now next to a few that say AA on em .

I wouldn't waste the gas just to fall asleep from boredom.

I was kind-of interested in the earlier question about whether or not Grant County would be attending the tournament in Louisville tomorrow. Even if Grant County does attend the Louisville tournament, will the Myers boys not be attending with the team? Aside from the dad's behavior, I know that a lot of serious wrestling fans definitely want to see these boys wrestle. I have heard great comments about the boys: humble, respectful demeanor. Let's treat the boys separate from anything else, because they deserve that. I'm always super-impressed when great wrestlers have the whole package, like skill and attitude (Fahy, Harrison Courtney, the Ervin's, Hitchings, Jayce Carr, the list could go on and on).