Sign in to follow this  
CERON

Trinity, Woodford Co., Ryle, Union Co., Mark Hall etc.

While I will disagree with GOO that there can be harm that could come from the words we type on this forum, I do not believe anything has gone near that far.  As a moderator I have kept a close eye on this discussion and removed any comments I thought went too far.  From what I recall there has been nothing close to slanderous said about any kid.  My reference to Coty Lewis was probably as close as it came.  I only see praise and respect for Mark Hall.  There has been some discussion of Bradbury's actions after the loss, but I think that is fair game.  I didn't see it and haven't even heard anything from a reliable source, so I'm not too concerned about it.  The only "attacks" (if you want to call it that) was relative to parents and some of those were actually part of the discussion.  I agree some of the talk has been much less than constructive, it hasn't been anything I would be legally concerned about, and I think the rules discussion has been productive in helping us all understand a little about the situation of some kids around the state.

I guess it's my turn to post. First, I am not from Ryle and do not directly or indirectly represent them in any way. I didn't realize the Grapple name was a Ryle trademark. From now on, call me mudslinger, or just jackass. I will respond to either one.

Perhaps I have a warped sense of humor, but I derive tremendous entertainment from this site. Actually, arguing with parents on this site is often hilarious. If anyone becomes angry from what I am typing they should seriously reevaluate their lives and turn to something of more substance to better substantiate their lives. I am competitive, fiercely competitive. I was very competitive on the mat and remain highly competitive professionally.  Although I can no longer physically compete, I certainly enjoy the mental sparing with people in forms of debate. My mom always taught me not to pick on those less fortunate or make fun of those who can't help it... Well sorry Mom, I think I let you down. I've been on this website discussing and arguing with people and, well, think I've made some people cry. I believe my wit has left some whining and crying foul play. Please forgive me mom, the moderator is threatening to tell everyone my name and make you look bad for raising such a bad apple.

I agree with GOO about improving my debating skills. Usually, I'm Yappi.com, Ohio's sports forum. I have been involved in many knock down drag out fights. At the end, we usually come to a middle ground, laugh about it and move on. Amazingly, some of my most fierce debates have ended with an exchange of email addresses and developing friends at tournaments.

Everyone needs to remember one thing; Kentucky state wrestling medals are not handed out on this website. They are earned on the mat!

Now, I will evaluate myself. Am I aggressive and over-the-top? Yes! Do I twist others' comments and try to make them look like a fool? Yes! Do I jump to conclusions and sometimes sucker punch people by off the wall messages? Yes! Am I laughing while typing and hoping it makes others laugh or even get mad and respond back adversely? Yes!  Am I an antisocial human being? No! I do this just to spark serious debate and entertainment! Typically, I try to articulate my point using proper grammer etc. As a high school educated adult, I don't use run-on sentences, type entire paragraphs without a single period or comma and try to use words which might educate the kids on this site. Half the time it takes me several readings to even figure out what our Kentucky adults are even trying to communicate because their writing and communication skills are so elementary and poor. 

This site is typically not intellectually challenging. It usually consists of the same people saying the same thing over and over. This site hit its peak September 26, 2007 with 158 users. Today, it has less than half the volume. Why? Well maybe members are being threatened. Maybe the site is not stimulating to many.

This is one of the first topics I have found interesting and felt like commenting. Was I mean? Yes. Was I unfair? Perhaps! Did I step the intensity way up? Yes. Did I hurt some feeling? Yes. Did I bring up many valid points and hipocrisy? Yes Yes Yes. Did I debate others using facts and specific examples? Yes. Could others seriously intellectually counter many of my points? No. What happened when people couldn't counter my points. They went squalling to the moderators to close the thread. Did I get too rough on a high school wrestlers? Yes. Was I called out by a coach to stop roughing up the senior? Yes. Did I apologize? Yes. Am I perfect? Yes...I mean NO, NO I'm not perfect!

For a moderator to come on this site which is supposed to be anonymous and indirectly threaten or even suggest identity can be revealed I find appalling. Should the moderators feel it within their power to relinquish my identities then so be it. I have broad shoulders and very comfortable within my skin. Interestingly, the savvy readers know exactly who I am. But Mr. Moderator, if you want to reveal my identity then go ahead. Even kick me off if you choose. If I am so controversial and adverse to your site, you have the power to remove me.

I will profess to everyone. Read what I type and ignore it, agree with me, disagree with me citing evidence based counters, or simply stick your head under the pillow and start crying because I hurt your feelings, or call Mr. Moderator and have me banned.

Interestingly, one of my very best friends recieved one of my nastiest slams. He called me and laughed.

There has been some discussion of Bradbury's actions after the loss, but I think that is fair game.  I didn't see it and haven't even heard anything from a reliable source, so I'm not too concerned about it. 

I was about 30 feet away at the end of that match.  Bradbury did say something, too much noise going on for me to hear what.  But, whatever it was, it was VERY brief and the young man then shook hands with Hall and the Ryle coaches and left the mat.  It was pretty much nothing at all considering the intensity of the match. 

I was about 30 feet away at the end of that match.  Bradbury did say something, too much noise going on for me to hear what.  But, whatever it was, it was VERY brief and the young man then shook hands with Hall and the Ryle coaches and left the mat.  It was pretty much nothing at all considering the intensity of the match.

No Chair shots, No eye gouges and no bad "Yo momma so fat" remarks at all? What the hell kind of way is that for a hotly contested match to end?

Way to go Moderator,you did exactly what you were suppose too.I was on a softball forum a few years back and something similar happened and it got out of hand.Parents of one of the players got a lawyer and the site was forced to identify the person causing the problems(  for slander).It turned out to be a coach of one of the local teams.He insulted parents,players and coaches many of whom were friends of his.But the joke was on him,he was fired.

This is absolutely true.  He was not happy yelped a bit  then regained his composure, shook hands and walked away.  I didn't really expect him to be full of good cheer.

Guys,

I enjoy Kentucky wrestling as much as anyone. I am always there to talk about the future studs of Kentucky. However, I am surprised about how this great message board has turned into a circus act. I am asking that no one attacks a kid, parent or religion while on this board. Lets be responsible with our comments. I have heard enough negative about Woodford county, Marky Hall, and Myrons parents to last me a life time.

However, it is my opinion that it is the responsibility of the moderators to make sure slander or defermation of character doesn't happen on this board. If something happens to a kid because of this board, I think you as the moderator should be held responsible. I am curious to see if it is legal to attack someone on this message board without possible punishment. If there is an attorney that reads this board, can you please fill me in on the law... If not, I will call one in the morning and fill everyone in on my findings.

With the new technology today and IP addresses, don't think you can hide behind a screen name. I wish everyone the best of luck these next few weeks.

Your friend in Wrestling,

Rob Boston

P.S.

Mr. Moderator,

Please remove all negative comments asap!

What a minute?  This is coming from the guy who's made referances to Trinity paying their wrestlers in the past?

Whine a little more Robbie.

I

Although we are proponents of fierce competition on the mat......when the boys step off we respect them, their families and coaches as people, and consider most of them friends.  The Bradburys have never been anything other than friendly and kind to us.  I don't really know the Lampes, but I was a product of a catholic education, and I can appreciate the dilemma they find themselves in and admire the choices that they have made for their kids because they feel it is right for their family. 

Really?  You all respected a whole lot of people at state last year, especially when you booed every single wrestler that wrestled a Ryle kid in the finals when their name was announced.  I sat right there in Dunbar;' section and watched your pack of NK moms get a big laugh booing and shouting insults at those kids.

Classy.

Or maybe it was the long haired guy with the neck tattoo at the Dragon this weekend that stood at the top of the stands and threatened to kill one of the refs after his son got pinned by Grad hitchings.  That was classy too.

grapplesack,

I am sure everyone in KY wrestling is grateful for your intelligence, wit, use of proper grammar and self promotion.  The truth is that no one attacked any wrestler or parent in any way except you.  Your zeal to defend your opinion hijacked the entire discussion and turned it personal.  Other posts were directed at the circumstances and rules related to the situation.  You were also the first person to attempt to identify someone with your implied accusation of who was making certain posts.  Then you cry foul when it is directed at you and say you find in appalling.  And you honestly wonder why participation on this message board has declined??

Please let me know if I have missed any commas or periods. WR.

Really?  You all respected a whole lot of people at state last year, especially when you booed every single wrestler that wrestled a Ryle kid in the finals when their name was announced.  I sat right there in Dunbar;' section and watched your pack of NK moms get a big laugh booing and shouting insults at those kids.

Classy.

Or maybe it was the long haired guy with the neck tattoo at the Dragon this weekend that stood at the top of the stands and threatened to kill one of the refs after his son got pinned by Grad hitchings.  That was classy too.

I saw that.... the long haired dude, he was yelling at the little Zeppa ref.  He was screaming cuss words and saying he was going to kill him, then started walking down the side stariwell

It was funny because the North oldham coach/ assitant coach both got up and followed the guy down the tunnel like they were going to beat his skull in!

grapplesack,

I am sure everyone in KY wrestling is grateful for your intelligence, wit, use of proper grammar and self promotion.  The truth is that no one attacked any wrestler or parent in any way except you.  Your zeal to defend your opinion hijacked the entire discussion and turned it personal.  Other posts were directed at the circumstances and rules related to the situation.  You were also the first person to attempt to identify someone with your implied accusation of who was making certain posts.  Then you cry foul when it is directed at you and say you find in appalling.  And you honestly wonder why participation on this message board has declined??

yes you r right i agree completely i am broken now :(

grapplesack,

my days of self promoting an anonymous person are over you guys have beaten me down and won i will stop from now on im sorry i hurt feelings i still never said anything about myrons parents i will become a kywrestling camilion i will not disagree or offer a differing opinion im very sorry

my days of self promoting an anonymous person are over you guys have beaten me down and won i will stop from now on im sorry i hurt feelings i still never said anything about myrons parents i will become a kywrestling camilion i will not disagree or offer a differing opinion im very sorry

Oh come on, we both know better than that.  It's in your blood.

I heard someone say that conflict is not necessarily a bad thing.  Conflict arises when we share the same goals, but disagree on how to accomplish them.  Many have posted that they want KY wrestling to grow, and perhaps there is disagreement on how to do it.  We have had terrific exchange on the various rules and how they affect our particular wrestling programs.  Perhaps some rules need to be revisited.  The long-short is that we all want KY wrestling to grow, and a little conflict along the way doesn't alter those plans.

Further, let me be the first to say that the next "Mark Hall" who transfers in from out of state is invited to attend my school and be a part of my wrestling program.  We will work to make you better, and you will work to make us better.  Any MS wrestler is welcome to move into my school's area and participate with us as well.  :-D

Good luck to everyone, and don't dwell on a little conflict.

I heard someone say that conflict is not necessarily a bad thing.  Conflict arises when we share the same goals, but disagree on how to accomplish them.  Many have posted that they want KY wrestling to grow, and perhaps there is disagreement on how to do it.  We have had terrific exchange on the various rules and how they affect our particular wrestling programs.  Perhaps some rules need to be revisited.  The long-short is that we all want KY wrestling to grow, and a little conflict along the way doesn't alter those plans.

Further, let me be the first to say that the next "Mark Hall" who transfers in from out of state is invited to attend my school and be a part of my wrestling program.  We will work to make you better, and you will work to make us better.  Any MS wrestler is welcome to move into my school's area and participate with us as well.  :-D

Good luck to everyone, and don't dwell on a little conflict.

YOU LYING, CHEATING, NO GOOD RECRUITING BUM!!!  :evil: :-D

For those of you legal types, I'm sorry, this was a joke.

hey mudslinging jackass, this may not be the best time to mention this since you appear to be broken, but it's chameleon not camilion.  you must have got camilion from your public school ejucation.  JUST KIDDING everyone.  but seriously, it is chameleon. 

i'll give you credit for getting the blood pumping on the message boards again and bringing up a subject that is mostly taboo and discussed behind everyone's backs.  you are a MASTER deBATER.  as ryledad said like 10 pages before, the rules probably need to be looked at.  but my kid's a senior, and there's a long time away before 5T unleashes his wrath on kywrestling, hopefully it's all squared away by then.

A great friend of mine and former wrestling coach is a deocrated Vietnam war veteran.  We were having this interesting discussion about the causes of war;  religion, land, wanting the same woman, etc.  My friend and coach summed it up the best when he told me, "men like to mix it, as long as men inhabit this world there will be fights and wars".  I am too old to wrestle now but I still like to "mix it".  Call me Napolean!!!!!!  some may say I'm Hitler, but I prefer Napolean!

hey mudslinging jackass, this may not be the best time to mention this since you appear to be broken, but it's chameleon not camilion.  you must have got camilion from your public school ejucation.  JUST KIDDING everyone.  but seriously, it is chameleon. 

i'll give you credit for getting the blood pumping on the message boards again and bringing up a subject that is mostly taboo and discussed behind everyone's backs.  you are a MASTER deBATER.  as ryledad said like 10 pages before, the rules probably need to be looked at.  but my kid's a senior, and there's a long time away before 5T unleashes his wrath on kywrestling, hopefully it's all squared away by then.

my misspelling and lack of punctuation was satire, certainly you knew that

Classy.

I knew when I posted that I would have people take pot shots at me.  I will go on record and say I did not boo ANYONE......I may boo a bad call (or lack of a call) but not a kid.  Obviously I am not the long haired guy with the tattoo on the neck either. 

Anyone who knows me knows that my spirit is closer to my previous posting than what you have portrayed.  Go ahead and make me the whipping girl for all things that anyone from Ryle has ever done.  I am big enough to handle it. 

last year during the 160 state finals, there was a guy yelling at harrison courtney saying he was the worst 4x state champ ever and yelling just a bunch of garbage, for someone to yell something like that to someone is very wrong, after harrison won the match his mom tourned around and looked at the guy like he was crazy

I heard the guy yelling, one of my friends threw a glow stick at him. He was from Cambell co. However, the kid's dad who Harrison beat went to Harrison and congratulated after the match. It was some other person yelling probably because they were jealous that their kids weren't in that position.

Classy.

I saw that guy too. It was right in front of my section. The funniest part was he kept screaming about Hitchings using "UFC moves", although every thing he did was completely legal.

Every team will occasionally have that one parent from hell.  This year Ryle has one.  I saw the Ryle and Trinity coaches actually laughing about it after the "ufc" rant

Somebody should've looked up and yelled "DEF LEPPARD SUCKS" lol

I knew when I posted that I would have people take pot shots at me.  I will go on record and say I did not boo ANYONE......I may boo a bad call (or lack of a call) but not a kid.  Obviously I am not the long haired guy with the tattoo on the neck either. 

Anyone who knows me knows that my spirit is closer to my previous posting than what you have portrayed.  Go ahead and make me the whipping girl for all things that anyone from Ryle has ever done.  I am big enough to handle it.

You are not that big.  :lol:  I've been on the opposite site of the mat of a lot of Ryle kids and I have to say I've been generally pleased with their parents and fans.  As has been mentioned, every team has that one guy who they would like to lock in the truck of a car.