Sign in to follow this  
blah

WCI

I wonder4 who would win between walls and courtney??

Any predictions?

Score

Pin

What period etc

I am going to say pin in the 3rd for Courtney. 

the refs at this tourney were horrible

Brody oleary was wrestling jacob miles n consolation and oleary was on top and up by 1 point and jacob went to stand up but oleary picked him up to return him to the mat and the ref gave miles an escape point which cost oleary the match becuz miles got takedown in OT. wtf is up with that

the refs at this tourney were horrible

Brody oleary was wrestling jacob miles n consolation and oleary was on top and up by 1 point and jacob went to stand up but oleary picked him up to return him to the mat and the ref gave miles an escape point which cost oleary the match becuz miles got takedown in OT. wtf is up with that

Dont get taken down in OT.  Problem solved.

To say the officials were bad because of one call you disagreed with lacks a little common sense.  I did not see the match or call you are talking about however I will say this.  Even if it was a bad call everybody makes mistakes.  I will also say that miles didn't win the match because of the call.  He won because he got the takedown in OT.  If an official makes a bad call, which happens even with the best,  it is the wrestlers responsibility to get over it immediately and come back and do whatever it takes to win the match.  If a wrestler lets the call defeat him mentally then the match is already over.

im not sayin just because of tht one call. they werent givng kids points for take downs, or reversals, or escapes the whole tourney.

but the finals with holtzclaw n ritchie were the worst of all of them. holtzclaw got atleast 3 takedowns in the final minute and they didnt give him any of them. but he did have that nice lat drop in the end to win it

"but the finals with holtzclaw n ritchie were the worst of all of them. holtzclaw got atleast 3 takedowns in the final minute and they didnt give him any of them."

I was within 15ft of the mat during that match. I can say assuredly that at least two,if not all 3 takedowns were out of bounds. (I'm not affiliated with either one of the schools represented so I had no dog in that fight.) They were legit "no calls". I was at WCI all two days for all the matches and from the overall lack of responses from coaches and parents in the stands, I would say the refs did a good job. There was a lot more "responses" at Reg 7 Super duals.

I agree CGD78.  I only saw the finals online, but at least 2 of the no takedown call looked correct to me.  I saw one that looked iffy, but like I said I wasn't matside.  The officiating looked okay to me.

I agree CGD78.  I only saw the finals online, but at least 2 of the no takedown call looked correct to me.  I saw one that looked iffy, but like I said I wasn't matside.  The officiating looked okay to me.

is there a website you can watch the finals on??

They announced during the finals that there were over 3,000 people watching the finals live on the internet; even someone from Afghanistan. That's pretty cool. I saw in the archives on this website that some of the region 7 duals was broadcast as well (audio only?). Wonder how we can get more wrestling tournaments broadcast? Awesome way to promote Ky wrestling as well as being a great (college) recruting tool.