Sign in to follow this  
indyman189

Regional duals

Guest wrestler92

Not all regions do that, but i do like it and wish it is something that all of them would start next year.

In Nky we have changed our Conference tourney (NKAC) into this tourney.

The unfortunate thing is that all teams in the region are forced to attend this tourney.

PRP is hosting region 3's.

No Surprise :-D...PRP hosts like everything. I think its cool region 3 is going to have team regionals, Southern does pretty well with duals so we should have a big shot at going to team state. Maybe we'll even get to whoop on woodford county..lol. :-o :-D

Letcher County is hosting the Region 8 duals this year and I hope all the teams will make it.  It should be a very exciting tournament.

This years regional tournament face offs will be something to see. The two best teams face off under the lights.  Should be cool. :mrgree

What region is going to have their face off under lights?? I dont think PRP has the spotlight. I know they had lasers a couple years ago..

What region is going to have their face off under lights?? I dont think PRP has the spotlight. I know they had lasers a couple years ago..

We probably wont have a face off under the spotlight because of the format.  We will have either 3 or 4 teams in the finals pool.  The top 2 teams may face each other in the 1st round of the final pool.

Guest wrestler92

Has there been any talk of region 4 doing this format?  I hear just about every other region saying theirs, but not region 4.  What's up guys?

Region 8 Duals at Letcher County Central on Jan. 12th 2008 will have the two best teams that day wrestle under the spotlight.  This is taking place in the new gym as well, not the wrestling gym so it should be wonderful.  Region 8 teams hope a lot of people will come and watch.

Is there a way of seeding the team regionals?? It would stink for the top two teams to face off in 1st or second round and a really tough team face a crappy team in the finals...

Is there a way of seeding the team regionals?? It would stink for the top two teams to face off in 1st or second round and a really tough team face a crappy team in the finals...

Yes, we will seed the top 3 or 4 teams.  If we seed 3, there will be 3 pools in the 1st round with 4 teams in each pool.  If we seed 4, there will 4 pools in the 1st round with 3 teams in each pool.  The winners of each pool will go to the championship pool and wrestle round robin for 1st through 3rd or 1st through 4th (depending on the pools of course).  Each team will get 5 matches that day.  Either 3 in your 1st round pool and 2 in the placement pool, or 2 in the 1st round pool and 3 in the placement pool.  We will place it al the way 1st-12th.

Yes, we will seed the top 3 or 4 teams.  If we seed 3, there will be 3 pools in the 1st round with 4 teams in each pool.  If we seed 4, there will 4 pools in the 1st round with 3 teams in each pool.  The winners of each pool will go to the championship pool and wrestle round robin for 1st through 3rd or 1st through 4th (depending on the pools of course).  Each team will get 5 matches that day.  Either 3 in your 1st round pool and 2 in the placement pool, or 2 in the 1st round pool and 3 in the placement pool.  We will place it al the way 1st-12th.

Lol I had to read that three or four times before I got what you meant. Its confusing, I see whats going on now though. I had to write it on paper..