Sign in to follow this  
Anklepick

Prayer Request-John Hardin Wrestling Family

We lost a member of our Bulldog family early this morning. Jordan Murphy a 2010 graduate and 2nd place state placer died in Louisville from injuries he received involving an auto accident. Please keep the Murphy family in your thoughts and prayers. Jordan will be greatly missed!

I had the great pleasure to help train Jordan through out his high school career. Jordan was one of the hardest working kids I ever had the opportunity coach . He never backed down from any challenge whether it was carrying logs, climbing ropes or throwing rocks and blocks. Jordan was always trying to set the pace for others to follow. A true leader. Jordan spent more time with Miron before his junior and senior year than he did with his own family.That in itself is a challenge that not many would dare to attempt, let alone, want to do. That definitely explains who Jordan was. He was a two time 2nd place finisher at the Kentucky State Tournament. If it had not been for the great wrestlers from Union Co. I'm sure he would have been first. He wrestle the match of his life in the finals his senior year, Probably the most exciting match of the tournament, he put it all out and left it on the mat. I was always very proud of him . My deepest sympathies go out to the Murphy family, may God be with them all. Kentucky Wrestling lost one of their great champions last night, but the Good Lord in heaven above just received a better one. May God please bless us all.

Prayers to the Murphy family and John Hardin wrestling family from the Lafayette wrestling family.....Jordan is on top of the podium now and forever......May God bless and comfort those who loved and knew him.......If there is anything at all we can do please message me.......Time tonight for an extra hug to the ones we love.....May God bless us all......"All things are possible with God"

I know on this site many people argue and fight over some really stupid things.Wrestling is just such a small part of life.I can not imagine what I would do if I lost my son.I know I get on here and blast him at times for silly things he has done but I love him so much and I could not begin to think about the pain the Murphys are going through.I will say a prayer for the family and I hope that all of KY wrestling will to.God Bless the Murphy family.

• Upvote 1

When I saw the thread my heart fell. Words will never express how painful this is for the Murphy family nor take this away. I can not imagine how hard it will be to get through this tragic time. May God lift you up and help you know that there are members of Ky wrestling thinking of you. So sorry for your loss and the world.

I had the pleasure and honor to get to know Jordan and his family very well. Never met a more respectful, focused young man than Jordan. It was obvious where his values came from when I spent time with his mom and dad. Great family. Can't even imagine the pain they are feeling. I pray I never have to experience that pain.

I wish the KY wrestling family was gathering in the next few days for wrestling, not this event.

I will tell my kids at Fern Creek the story of Jordan Murphy. Everything Jordan achieved was due to his dedication and hard work.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Jordan, his brother Alex, and Josh Johnson when they used to train at Trinity in the spring and summer months. Once Jordan started wrestling he immersed himself in it and accomplished great things while having little or no experience prior to High school.

What a terrible loss this is. From the Trinity Wrestling family,our thoughts and prayers go out to the Murphy family in this difficult time.

I spoke with Miron this past weekend. He was deeply saddened by the news. He had nothing but wonderful things about Jordan. Though I never had the privelage of meeting the young man, my heart is very heavy. My thoughts and prayers will be with his family through this tragic time.

As former Head Coach of North Hardin Wrestling .Also as KY USA Wrestling director and its members, I want to express my sadness with the loss of Jordan. He will be missed in the wrestling community. I knew him as an opposing coach and always respected his wrestling ability. I have met his dad and have nothing but respect for him and his family. My prayers are for the family in this time of loss. God bless him.

please excuse the tardiness of this post. It has been very diffcult to write. I am the father of Jordan Murphy. His mother , his sibblings and I would like to thank the Kentucky wrestling community for the prayers, cards, visits and encouragemet we have recieved. this has been a great comfort to us.

nick murphy and family