Sign in to follow this  
lasttakedown

Teams to look out for...

NEVER SAID THEY DID. not sure I want to be your friend. :(

If Cambell County in your own words did not break any rules... then why keep bringing that up? You mentioned it in the "Backflip?" Thread also. Come on, man. No rules were broken, no secret plans or deals were in place. Its over. That happens at the high level schools all the time. I for one am tired of hearing about it, let the kids move on. You're really starting to sound like a womans that complains about her husband constantly, but won't leave him. Give it a rest already.

GSP you my friend are a piece of s**t. Just drop it already. It is pathetic that a team, who broke no rules, is being ridiculed.

The key to your whole statement is: THEY BROKE NO RULES. All of these little comments are getting ridiculous!

I am glad they are wrestling in KY, they are two great athletes and I hope they stay. They do nothing but bring up the level of wrestling in the state. Do people really believe that this year had record attendance because of Alltech arena? If you do then you are delirious, it is for the same reason that this forum has more members, and quadrupled the previous amount of members online at one time. THE MYERS, people gravitate towards them and some wont shut up about them, and I'm not even talking about the father. People came to state to see what the hype is about and to see if they were what their father made them seem too be. Guess what, they are stellar athletes and deserve respect because I have not heard one ill thing about either one of them. Congrats to the Myers, Fahys, Ervins, and all the other countless athletes who make the sport better in KY. My hats off to any young man who steps on to that mat and leaves it all in that circle win or loose. SALUTE

Sorry MAT. I have to diagree with you on the reason for record attendance. It had very little to do with the Meyers. The fact is, wrestling has become more popular in Kentucky and the reason it has become more popular is simple. The many middle school and youth club teams that have formed over the past few years are starting to trickle into the high school ranks. There are more high school wrestlers in Kentucky today than ever before. I myself can name two high schools that are debating the formation of teams for 2013. They have been debating the formation of these teams for months now. It also has nothing to do with the Myers. I will admit that once in the arena that it may be of SOME interest to see if the Meyers are everything that Dad says they are, but has no impact on whether somebodys mom, dad, aunt or uncle came to Alltech Arena. In my opinion, there were wrestlers there this week that warranted more attention than the Myers. Fahey for instance and his string of championships. This forum tends to lean toward the crazy end of the spectrum. Fahey's Dad seems to be normal person. Therefore, John Fahey gets overshadowed on this site. Alltech did have a small impact on the numbers in the stands. Lets face it. The arena was easier to access. Parking was easier. The weather was better than average and the food was better.

P.S. No, I am not related to Fahey nor do I have any ties to Trinity.

Guys, the only reason they even chose to have a state tournament this year was due to the Myers. Without them this sport, this website and the Earth itself will cease to exist. Why is that so hard for you to understand???

• Upvote 1

Attendance at the State tournament increased dramatically the 1st year Youth State was held in Frankfort. When you have nearly 1000 kids coming for Youth State it only stands to reason some of those will come Sat. night to watch the High School Tournament. Mom, Dad, and a couple little ones x a couple hundred families adds up to real numbers.

And yes you are seeing much better wrestling at all levels with kids starting at such a young age. Youth and Middle school coaches need to keep up the good work. We are seeing the results.

• Upvote 1

Get real. I am relatively new to this site and my reasons for being here had nothing to do with any particular wrestler. The reason I was at Alltech had NOTHING to do with any wrestler outside my son's school and the reason for any of my relatives attendance at Alltech had nothing to do with anyone outside my son's school. Sounds like somebody has a man crush on the Myers.

• Upvote 1

Fastest pin,most pins in least time , and no lasted a match with him all yr and he would massacre Fahy and deserved ow had they let Stephen go 38 he would have ended fahys streak and they know it compare their matches with Hamilton and then you will understand a little more .get used to the truth it's around for three more yrs

Get real. I am relatively new to this site and my reasons for being here had nothing to do with any particular wrestler. The reason I was at Alltech had NOTHING to do with any wrestler outside my son's school and the reason for any of my relatives attendance at Alltech had nothing to do with anyone outside my son's school. Sounds like somebody has a man crush on the Myers.

You are speaking for youself. Good job. If they werent all deleted anyone could see that any forum about them drummed up way more views than ANY other topic on here. The total number online at one time went from 50 something to 200 something just this year and only increased when there was any news about them. No man crush here sounds more like you feel like your manhood is threatened when any mention is made of them. I'm a fan of good wrestling no matter the name. Quit hating on these kids.

I thought that moving a little closer to Northern Kentucky may have played a part. I know that SK, Campbell, and Walton all had larger crowds than normal (acknowledging successful seasons play a part). Our fans expressed that being able to just drop down 75 encouraged them to come. Access to the horse park is significantly more convenient than to the Civic Center and I think that NKy may have a large enough fan base to make a difference.

Sorry, just realized that this doesn't fit the thread but it follows the conversation.

Attendance at the State tournament increased dramatically the 1st year Youth State was held in Frankfort. When you have nearly 1000 kids coming for Youth State it only stands to reason some of those will come Sat. night to watch the High School Tournament. Mom, Dad, and a couple little ones x a couple hundred families adds up to real numbers.

And yes you are seeing much better wrestling at all levels with kids starting at such a young age. Youth and Middle school coaches need to keep up the good work. We are seeing the results.

I could not agree more!

I read the Herald Leader both Friday and Saturday and didn't see a single thing about the state tournament. Did I miss it? Even the C-J had coverage Fri, Sat, and Sunday, and so did the Joe B. and Denny show. Also saw some coverage on a Lexington TV station news broadcast Friday night. In the spirit of this conversation, I would think local coverage by the news media would be assumed. And it would have probably boosted local attendance even more.

LHL did a story leading up to state and an story in Sunday's paper. They mostly focused on Whalen and his quest for a title. Not sure if they even mentioned which team won. Very Lexington-centric coverage.