Sign in to follow this  
CERON

Trinity, Woodford Co., Ryle, Union Co., Mark Hall etc.

yes you were too hard on myron, and now you are accusing his parents of talking smack , fact is i started this conversation in the dragon thread and i am not myrons parent. how bout you just stick to facts and assume nothing. now you have drug their name into this incorrectly. how about an apology to them now?

floridafan I read some of your earlier posts and you often profess to be of superior intellect. I suggest you read my posts again and you should realize I said nothing of Myron's parents. I was clearly speaking of "the parent" who was bashing Hall. There is a difference between "the parent" and "his parent". The apology owed would be yours to me given you couldn't differentiate between the two.  The fact remains, I said nothing of Myron's parents. Duh! Although I'm certain you will reread the posts and probably feel like a total loser when you realize I was right and, of course, you were wrong. Please, I will forgive your intellectual shortcomings and consider the source.

Okay, grapplesacks. It took me a really long time to figure this out, as I went about my day fretting about how horrible it is for people to be irritated by situations. Like, you are really irritated by IK winning KY state titles when he didn't live in KY (I could show the quote but you know what you wrote) In fact, you would be totally illogical and going against your own irritated convictions if you are not equally irritated when and if Mr. Hall wins a state championship. A few months in a tent or motor home on someone else's property does not a resident make, does it? And the rules are the rules are the rules, right? So IK had every right to wrestle for his school, just like Mr. Hall does, right?

Truth be told, I have this sneaking suspicion that IK or some other private school kid must have kicked you all over the mat and you're still mad about it, after all these years. Sorry for the luck, Dude. Quit whining about it and be a man.

Wrong again coffee. Never wrestled Knable. Like I said, this is not about my accomplishments, my day is over.  Try to understand this concept if you can.  Knable was only an example demonstrating double standards.  As it turned out, it was a St X parent who was critical of Hall being allowed to wrestle given his questionable living situation. I ONLY USED KNABLE AS AN EXAMPLE SINCE KNABLE WAS A ST X GRADUATE AND THE PARENT WHO WAS CRITICAL WAS FROM ST X. Can you understand now? Wake up and smell the coffee! One should realize, I am not being critical of Knable. To rephrase the situation. IF IT WAS GOOD FOR ST X AND KNABLE BACK THEN, IT SHOULD BE GOOD FOR RYLE AND HALL NOW. In my opinion, Knable living out of the state and still competing in the state was far worse the Hall living in Ryle's district and wrestling for Ryle. If a parent from, let say, Larue County, were to question Hall's situation, well then, I would have little reason to use Knable as an example. In fact, I never would have used Knable at all. It was just to easy not to mention Knable when addressing the St. X parent. Got it coffee?

What is also laughable, is people speculating what Hall is going to do after wrestling. I suggest you and all the other lame brains double standard goof balls lobby KHSAA to have a bylaw stating "if we think you are going to move after the season, you will not be allowed to wrestle". lol. That one should get you far. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL Ooops sorry haven't had my coffee yet.  No wait a minute I don't drink coffee what am I to do. Ahh here we go Mr. Dew, its all up to you. 

Ok now maybe i won't be laughable. (C'mon Mt. Dew, do the trick)

I'm not going to re-read all the posts and scan them with a fine toothed comb, BUT (and thats a big but).  I don't think anyone is worried about if the young man from Ryle is eligible this year.  I believe the concern is for next year if and when he returns. 

As you already know I don't care if he leaves and comes back for only the wrestling season for the next 6 years.  But we do already have rules in place.  As long as things are done by the rules we already have then OK.  Lets just make sure that the rules are being followed, even if some people are more cleaver than others and find unique ways around them.  At least make it hard for them to do this.

Once again

this is the opinion of GOO nothing more and nothing less.

And if your like my wife she will say its not worth the screen its typed on.

GOO out.

I think my thoughts are clearer and we have heard alot of opinions so here is my bipartisan shot at equality for all middleschoolers.A parent openly states we are moving into a ky school district so that my child can compete highschool as a 7th grader and we have seen thats fine and legal.My position was, if that is fine and legal ,why is it illegal for a middleschooler who already lives in ky but whos parents have chosen a private or magnet school as their highschool of choice to have the same opportunity. I heard many say change schools,move to a new school district, and other extreme solutions that would be unecessary if we said ,their ky middleschoolers if they are good enough to win a highschool spot let them compete end of story everyone is equal. Then  we would be talking about how good they are for their age .

This is the thread that would not die, it should have been locked along time ago!

Good luck to all the kids, coaches and parents, lace up the shoes and snap on the headgear.

It will all be decided on the mat!

I think my thoughts are clearer and we have heard alot of opinions so here is my bipartisan shot at equality for all middleschoolers.A parent openly states we are moving into a ky school district so that my child can compete highschool as a 7th grader and we have seen thats fine and legal.My position was, if that is fine and legal ,why is it illegal for a middleschooler who already lives in ky but whos parents have chosen a private or magnet school as their highschool of choice to have the same opportunity. I heard many say change schools,move to a new school district, and other extreme solutions that would be unecessary if we said ,their ky middleschoolers if they are good enough to win a highschool spot let them compete end of story everyone is equal. Then  we would be talking about how good they are for their age .

are you going to include the home schoolers with this?

Wow. Your diplomatic skills have improved.  You are no longer attacking Hall.  Your point is excellent and the fact your children can't wrestle is an injustice, seriously. But, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, the problem is more with the affiliation between the middle school and the high school.  Why doesn't the state recognize your middle school as a feeder program to St. X.....  Is it KHSAA not recognizing the middle school or is it the high school is just not part of the middle school.

Grapplesack- In case you couldn't figure it out that post was being facetious. However, no parent "bashed" the boy, ever. (I would challenge you to that fact, but you will swear that being "irritated" with a situation regarding middle school eligibility was bashing to a child- then somehow you convinced everyone here someone was bashing a child. Some people vouched for whoever the dad is and you STILL cut him down like you actually know him. Are you crazy? Don't you think you owe HIM an apology? I'm sure you don't and you'll tell me so. You know him better than the people who know him I'm sure. At least he was man enough to apologize even when he didn't need to- now THAT is the real man around here. (oops, I'm assuming things- you might very well be a girl so I apologize ahead of time if I offended or irritated you calling for you to man up.)

I don't think a lot of parents know the situation with kids in private schools not being able to wrestle, even if a "feeder program" is located in a high school where the middle schooler will go to school. I would love for people on here to voice opinions on that, not necessarily the Hall situation. I think it's important that people who can affect change (the khsaa people who make the rules) need to know this is happening. I think it needs to be changed to give kids equal opportunities. You're right, life's not fair, but this is a situation that is penalizing kids for no good reason. What good reason is there to allow some children opportunity and deny others? THAT is the real topic that came to light when Hall showed up.

Dog- the homeschoolers should absolutely be included in this (this is a topic that has been discussed before). The KHSAA website has something in their mission statement about giving all kentucky kids opportunity to compete at sports- but they don't mean that. They mean the ones who fall in line and attend their schools and pay their fees. It's basically a lie.

It all boils down to whatever kid should be able to wrestle for whoever. I know that wrestling has team awards and championships given for accomplishments they achieve but this is an individual sport. It doesn't matter if you lose to Hall whether he wrestles for Ryle or some Michigan school. If you get beat by Myron, you lost to Myron, whether he wrestles for Trinity for elsewhere. These are kids. It's a sport. Take the politics and technicalities out of it. It's the simplest, purest sport there is. Why cloud it with all this fighting over things that don't really matter to anyone unless they have a serious grudge against a certain school. We just have to deal with the cards we're dealt as far as the rules and bending them goes but it all really doesn't matter in the long run. Let this die. This thread should be locked or deleted or whatever. It's taking attention away from other, more productive topics.

I'm done reading all this. It's terrible that our sport has come to this and ALL BECAUSE OF A 7TH GRADE CHILD!!!!!

My grade and middleschoolers go to a very small private school that is accredited but not part of khsaa.We discovered that creates insurance issues at the highschool level so I think homeschoolers would have some work to do there.Our club team requires you to purchase your USA cards as part team membership and I think other teams do as well so this might be part of the issue club teams and school teams at the middleschool level,I never new and don't know what the difference is actually.I know young men from ferncreek and union who have competed highschool and there feeders are clubs but the athletes attended ferncreek and union middleschool.I have no problems with homeschoolers competing but I am sure the khsaa would.My situation is this we all know that competing at your highest level is key to getting better and some people do lots of camps some nationals or both,but some of us cant afford much of this so if our children could compete at their highest level within the school system it would help produce some KY grown champions that otherwise wont have many opportunities. Just trying to get some thoughts going in that direction for future athletes.

To be considered the best you have to beat the best, no matter how old they are or what grade they are in, as long as they are in your weight class and competing against you for the same goals. Most tournaments have all ages ad grades. If you don't know, Jimmy Carr is the only high schooler to win the Midlands Wrestling Classic and was and Olympian while in high school. We should help kids try to achieve these types of goals, not worrying about where they are from, who they wrestle for, why they are here in KY, or how old they are. Be supportive, these kids could be our future Olympians.

Grapplesack- In case you couldn't figure it out that post was being facetious. However, no parent "bashed" the boy, ever. (I would challenge you to that fact, but you will swear that being "irritated" with a situation regarding middle school eligibility was bashing to a child- then somehow you convinced everyone here someone was bashing a child. Some people vouched for whoever the dad is and you STILL cut him down like you actually know him. Are you crazy? Don't you think you owe HIM an apology? I'm sure you don't and you'll tell me so. You know him better than the people who know him I'm sure. At least he was man enough to apologize even when he didn't need to- now THAT is the real man around here. (oops, I'm assuming things- you might very well be a girl so I apologize ahead of time if I offended or irritated you calling for you to man up.)

I don't think a lot of parents know the situation with kids in private schools not being able to wrestle, even if a "feeder program" is located in a high school where the middle schooler will go to school. I would love for people on here to voice opinions on that, not necessarily the Hall situation. I think it's important that people who can affect change (the khsaa people who make the rules) need to know this is happening. I think it needs to be changed to give kids equal opportunities. You're right, life's not fair, but this is a situation that is penalizing kids for no good reason. What good reason is there to allow some children opportunity and deny others? THAT is the real topic that came to light when Hall showed up.

Dog- the homeschoolers should absolutely be included in this (this is a topic that has been discussed before). The KHSAA website has something in their mission statement about giving all kentucky kids opportunity to compete at sports- but they don't mean that. They mean the ones who fall in line and attend their schools and pay their fees. It's basically a lie.

Ok coffee, my goal is to now make you fret all day. Why don't you reread Workhard's first post in which the context was very much adverse towards Hall. The implication was quite clear for a neutral reader. Then, read his latest post where he brought up very legitamate concerns regarding his sons being unable to wrestle for their prospective high schools. If you read and compare the two, you "should" realize, the second comment was not directed toward Hall at all. My point from the very beginning was one of duplicity and hipocrisy and negativity toward Hall. I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend my irritation. On a side note, I was not happy with the post match behavior of a senior state champ, one of Ky's prime wrestlers who happened to lose to Hall.  I then used this forum to vent on the catholics being given preferential treatment by allowing kids who live in different states and even different times zones to attend and compete for their school. You see coffee, it all tied together as far as I was concerned. 

You, however, were unable to appropriately read my test and YOU assumed I was slamming the parents of a returning state champs. Unfortunatley, the log in your eye caused a misreading "the parents" to "his parents". It was you who took this to a different level and personal level of this wrestler's parents. I simply pointed out you can't read....a product of poor education perhaps?

You now are asking me to apologize to the parents of someone I didn't even mention. I will meet you in the middle however. I will apologize! I apologize you don't have the mental facilities to read elementary level words and understand their meaing. I apologize I even dignify your responses with my time and effort. I apologize you lost the very game you played with other members of this site when you ripped into them by making fun of their intellect. I apologize you are fretting over my message that points out you misread and misinterpreting my other messages.

There you go. Are you happy. Wake up and smell youself.....  Think about that one for a while, it may make you laugh....if you get the joke.

Be supportive, these kids could be our future Olympians.

Amen! They could also be Presidents, Senators, Congressmen, Governors, Doctors, Teachers, most important is Parents. What is this thread telling them? Bottom line the KHSAA has rules, in this case no rules have been broken.

As I said earlier:

If you don't like the rules get them changed through the KHSAA l :|/ Move to where you like their rules  :-o/ Stay here, live with them and cry  :cry:about them on KYwrestling.com

The same for football, Synchronized swimming or chess.

Here is the link to the KHSAA if you want to change them: http://www.khsaa.org/ or to find a new home try this one (there are many others out there) http://www.realtor.com/ and finely Dr. phil to help you get through your dilemmas and for the chaos affecting your life http://www.drphil.com/

Let's remember that we are only entitled to an education. Wrestling or any other sport and extra curricular activity is a privilege.

Very good point coach.  Sometimes we lose sight of this, thanks for pointing it out.

I am posting this to clarify a few things that have been said on this thread.  First off, my name is Lori Osborne.  Several of "us" from Ryle have been asked if we were grapplesack.  Please allow me to make it clear that I am not grapplesack, and although his identity is a mystery, the folks that I have talked to from Ryle (we are a close knit group) have made it known that they are not grapplesack.  Grapplesack is certainly entitled to his opinion, and to perceive things however he wishes, and to share them on this forum.  IF grapplesack is from Ryle (which I do NOT think he is) I can assure you that he is acting alone in his attack on the choices that some of the families (mentioned in previous posts) have made......past and present.

Although we are proponents of fierce competition on the mat......when the boys step off we respect them, their families and coaches as people, and consider most of them friends.  The Bradburys have never been anything other than friendly and kind to us.  I don't really know the Lampes, but I was a product of a catholic education, and I can appreciate the dilemma they find themselves in and admire the choices that they have made for their kids because they feel it is right for their family. 

Having a 7th grader earn a spot on the varsity squad took some getting use to for all of us.  Think about it........he took one of OUR kids spots.  But we remained open to the idea and got to know the kid and his father and they are very nice people and I respect them and their choices. 

I just wanted to clear the air a little bit since this thread has gotten so out of hand and has probably offended some people. 

From the Ryle wrestling community-we extend to all teams the wishes of safe and successful tournaments .... including the post season.  Good Luck to all!

Guys,

I enjoy Kentucky wrestling as much as anyone. I am always there to talk about the future studs of Kentucky. However, I am surprised about how this great message board has turned into a circus act. I am asking that no one attacks a kid, parent or religion while on this board. Lets be responsible with our comments. I have heard enough negative about Woodford county, Marky Hall, and Myrons parents to last me a life time.

However, it is my opinion that it is the responsibility of the moderators to make sure slander or defermation of character doesn't happen on this board. If something happens to a kid because of this board, I think you as the moderator should be held responsible. I am curious to see if it is legal to attack someone on this message board without possible punishment. If there is an attorney that reads this board, can you please fill me in on the law... If not, I will call one in the morning and fill everyone in on my findings.

With the new technology today and IP addresses, don't think you can hide behind a screen name. I wish everyone the best of luck these next few weeks.

Your friend in Wrestling,

Rob Boston

P.S.

Mr. Moderator,

Please remove all negative comments asap!

Rob Boston,

that was the point of me starting the post. I'm tired of all the people hiding behind a screen name and talking bad about a program or kids. This stuff needs to stop! We can't grow as a state when we don't support each other. Mark Hall, Bradbury, Trinity, Ryle, Woodford Co., Union Co., St X, Larue Co. and all other successful teams, are all successful cause they work hard, not by cheating or bending the rules. They are abiding by KHSAA rules. We need to stop this madness completely! PLEASE!!!

Awww c'mon.  This whole forum is just for kicks and giggles.  If your on here for something serious then I think you misunderstand what a forum is.

I see no slander going on here.  I see opinions that I don't agree with.  I see great opportunity to enhance my debating skills.  But as far as I know not one single person has ever been killed or even injured by words on paper or on a computer screen. 

Wrestling makes our kids mentally tough.  It's the biggest problem our youth have today.  I hear way to many kids saying "Mommy he called me a loser" and Mommy then calling a parent, teacher, principal, or lawyer because their little baby's feelings were hurt.

As I tell GOO Jr.  If something like this is the worst thing to happen to you in your lifetime feel greatfull.  I personally have lived through many more serious problems.  I would gladly have people say I was doing something wrong in a game or sport instead of this.

I don't tell you this for pity.  I'm way past that.  My motto is if you can't have fun and laugh at least once an hour you have problems ahead of you.  I smile the entire time I read all these posts.  Its entertaining to see how others view thing.

Once again this is the opinion of GOO take it or leave it

GOO out.

Grappler-of-old,

I am sorry that you don't agree with my comments. However, I am not going to debate it with you. You have 84 pages of posts, that equals to 1320 posts total. Therefore I have no doubt that you will argue your point until the cows come home... It took me about 3 minutes and two phone calls to figure out who you are..

I think I asked politely that no one post again about these topics, for the better of our sport.. I have had several emails thanking me for supporting this issue.  Grappler, If you have something to say to me please PM.

I am sorry for your losses, however lets not use your losses as a benchmark to evaluate the level of bashing a kid should endure.

Thanks again for your understanding,

Rob Boston

hey that makes me feel wonderful.

you actually took the time to find out who I may be.  And after you found out you don't know me from the man on the moon.  I am absolutly no one important at all.

Wow I must be really important to you.  And you are important to me.  You seem like a good debator.  I would be proud to debate you on something more important than kids wrestling.

Actually not all of those 1321 posts are all mine, but i have had fun posting alot of them.

But I will halt now in respect to the original GOO.  Sorry dude.  I may have gotten someone mad at ya.

But as far as I know not one single person has ever been killed or even injured by words on paper or on a computer screen. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21844203/

http://www.ryanpatrickhalligan.org/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584057,00.html

http://forums.joerogan.net/showthread.php?t=100001

http://poverty.suite101.com/article.cfm/cyber_bullying_can_kill

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/15/tech/main4100052.shtml

Know you Know!!!

Once again this is the opinion of GOO take it or leave it I will leave IT

GOO out.

Sorry I can't see videos on my computer.

But I will bet that people did this not the actuall words. 

My point is that people need to be thick skined.  Don't allow words to drive you to do something.  remember the old saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". 

I would guess that tough minded wreslers can handle the word games.  You can call GOO Jr. whatever you want.  We don't allow words to influence us.