Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2017/2018 PRESEASON - November 7

OK first post and this is what we get?   

I'm all for stirring the pot, but seems to me someone is trying to get someone fired up. :ph34r:

As a very very old fish in the pond, don't bite young fish there is a hook attached. :lol:B)

Our team has some ranked kids, but none of them are ranked in the weights they’ll wrestle this year....and that’s okay. Rankings are great for discussion, but I think we will get a better idea where kids will be after the first few weeks of the season.  Remember when Florida State was ranked #2 this year? They’re currently boasting a 3-6 record. So, it should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2017 at 5:47 PM, DevilDad said:

I guess you never learned what assume meant (<you make an> ass <outta> u <and> me)  First you assumed Storck was going 26 after you just saw him in NC at 120.  Doesn't make sense why you'd put him in a different class - to me, anyway. You also assumed I was talking about an agenda against Storck? Why would you? Our kids are in different weight classes...  The agenda I'm referring to is getting rankings out with not much to go on until weight assessments. Maybe I used the term incorrectly in this case. Goal might have been better. 

And being of average intelligence I guess you thought I'd miss the potshot about the "real matchups" as if Storck couldn't be in one. Real classy. I'll go on and predict the finals at 120 will be Storck and Cagen Wallace, another fine young man whose father I actually like. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow. If it comes to fruition it'll be a hell of a match not to mention a real matchup. 

Easy Tiger!!  Its a little early in the season to get so fired up.  I find it funny that you are getting so upset about pre-season rankings.  Tyler has been wrestling for a long time and he is a good wrestler.  I have no doubt that he will make a run at a State Title this year.  However, I would be careful writing checks for your son that he will have to cash.  You basically guaranteed in two separate post that he will be in the finals.  That is probably putting unnecessary pressure on Tyler going into the season.  I would much rather see Tyler on here making this statement than his dad.  After all Tyler is the one wrestling.   

You and I have been in a lot of wrestling rooms and tournaments together for years and this seems a little out of character for you.  As you know, My son Mason does pretty well on the mat.  You would never see my get on a wrestling website and talk how my kid is going to walk to the finals and basically beat all the kids in his weight class.  I don't know what State Tournament you have been going to but, those state titles are hard to come by.  Hopefully, Mason gets one this year but, you would never hear me predict that.  

I'm also trying to figure out your post about going to a National Tournament.

Who'd have thought Storck would wrestle a now 6 time super 32 champ/top 5 kid (nationally) in the second round at Super 32! Tough draw! But funny we didn't see any of those kids wrestling there that are ranked above him. Just my 2 cents!!

How did that tournament work out for him?  The last tournament Mason attended was Flo Nationals and he had Sammy Sasso first match.  Sasso happens to be a #1 ranked national wrestler.  Mason got his butt kicked.  However, Mason bounced back and won 6 matches in a row to take 4th.  3 of those wins were over top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers.  I can tell you as a dad, I have never been prouder of Mason and his performance on the mat.  You did not see me get on KY Wrestling and go on and on about how tough my kid is and who he is going to beat this year.  I also did not call out every wrestler in KY that did not attend Flo Nationals.  There have been plenty of times people have picked Mason to lose and sometimes he does.   My guess is they will do the same thing at some point this year.  That is how it works.  This doesn't mean they have an agenda or they think Mason is a bad kid.   They just think another kid is better than Mason.  Not a big deal unless you make it one.

Now on to your comment about your "Bored Fact Checkers".  Considering I help Ranger follow results thru the year, I take a little offense to your comment.  You can't even imagine the hours that go into doing the rankings.  I assure you it is not an easy job.  I will tell you that there is no agenda in regards to Tyler.  I think he is a tough, physical wrestler.  However, your recent rants are making it difficult to root for him.  You are very proud of Tyler and I understand why.  I am also a father and I am my son's biggest fan.  I know this is a tough and demanding sport for the wrestler and the entire family.  We all devote a lot of time putting our kids in a position to be successful on the mat and in life.  

I'm sure you understand the phrase "living vicariously".  I think this applies in this situation.  You should take a step back and let Tyler prove what ever he feels he needs to on the mat.  You don't need to tell us how great he is. I assure you that he will do just fine, if he just wrestles.    The results will say more than anything you could type.  If you just let him wrestle, you won't have to make excuses every time he happens to take a loss.

Tell Tyler good luck this season and go get that title.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dutch said:

3 of those wins were over top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers.  

Which 3 wins were over top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers?  Just because they're ranked today doesn't make them wins over top 20 ranked wrestlers if they weren't ranked when he beat them.  If they're ranked today and not when he beat them it means, in the eyes of those making the rankings, that they've made better gains since losing to him than he has.  Maybe because one AA at Fargo and another AA at UWW.  However, I've yet to find the 3rd ranked wrestler you speak of.

Most jumping this board has been in a years. Different parents take different routes. Some like to be front line some like to linger in the back. 

I'm just glad that parents are this fired up pre season. I wish my wrestlers were. 

6 hours ago, REscalera said:

Which 3 wins were over top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers?  Just because they're ranked today doesn't make them wins over top 20 ranked wrestlers if they weren't ranked when he beat them.  If they're ranked today and not when he beat them it means, in the eyes of those making the rankings, that they've made better gains since losing to him than he has.  Maybe because one AA at Fargo and another AA at UWW.  However, I've yet to find the 3rd ranked wrestler you speak of.

I would have to go back to the brackets to find the third, but off the top of my head I know Justin McCoy and Kasper McIntosh. Could have been a senior who was removed after graduating. 

30 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

I would have to go back to the brackets to find the third, but off the top of my head I know Justin McCoy and Kasper McIntosh. Could have been a senior who was removed after graduating. 

I see where McIntosh and McCoy are ranked today.  I just couldn't find them on Flo rankings when the tournament took place.  If I've overlooked them please let me know.  If not then I'm claiming alternate facts. Hehe!!!  Which means he didn't have any wins over any ranked guys and his dad is on here stretching the truth a bit.  Which is fine under most circumstances.  Just not when one is lecturing another dad about letting his son's wrestling do the talking.  

Next week is the beginning of the greatest season on Earth.

This will really start the rankings talk. 

We will start to see the some match ups. What are some of the potential match ups the 1st week? 

5 hours ago, charger said:

Why aren’t the twins from Walton Verona ranked? They were studs in middle school and should be freshman this year. Did they move?

A few of the middle school state hammers aren't ranked just yet or are ranked low. TKC, Grant-Hall, Russellburg, Little, Slayton, Peace, Tomerlin, and the twins will be moving up the list once they start the season. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dutch said:

Easy Tiger!!  Its a little early in the season to get so fired up.  I find it funny that you are getting so upset about pre-season rankings.  Tyler has been wrestling for a long time and he is a good wrestler.  I have no doubt that he will make a run at a State Title this year.  However, I would be careful writing checks for your son that he will have to cash.  You basically guaranteed in two separate post that he will be in the finals.  That is probably putting unnecessary pressure on Tyler going into the season.  I would much rather see Tyler on here making this statement than his dad.  After all Tyler is the one wrestling.   

You and I have been in a lot of wrestling rooms and tournaments together for years and this seems a little out of character for you.  As you know, My son Mason does pretty well on the mat.  You would never see my get on a wrestling website and talk how my kid is going to walk to the finals and basically beat all the kids in his weight class.  I don't know what State Tournament you have been going to but, those state titles are hard to come by.  Hopefully, Mason gets one this year but, you would never hear me predict that.  

I'm also trying to figure out your post about going to a National Tournament.

Who'd have thought Storck would wrestle a now 6 time super 32 champ/top 5 kid (nationally) in the second round at Super 32! Tough draw! But funny we didn't see any of those kids wrestling there that are ranked above him. Just my 2 cents!!

How did that tournament work out for him?  The last tournament Mason attended was Flo Nationals and he had Sammy Sasso first match.  Sasso happens to be a #1 ranked national wrestler.  Mason got his butt kicked.  However, Mason bounced back and won 6 matches in a row to take 4th.  3 of those wins were over top 20 nationally ranked wrestlers.  I can tell you as a dad, I have never been prouder of Mason and his performance on the mat.  You did not see me get on KY Wrestling and go on and on about how tough my kid is and who he is going to beat this year.  I also did not call out every wrestler in KY that did not attend Flo Nationals.  There have been plenty of times people have picked Mason to lose and sometimes he does.   My guess is they will do the same thing at some point this year.  That is how it works.  This doesn't mean they have an agenda or they think Mason is a bad kid.   They just think another kid is better than Mason.  Not a big deal unless you make it one.

Now on to your comment about your "Bored Fact Checkers".  Considering I help Ranger follow results thru the year, I take a little offense to your comment.  You can't even imagine the hours that go into doing the rankings.  I assure you it is not an easy job.  I will tell you that there is no agenda in regards to Tyler.  I think he is a tough, physical wrestler.  However, your recent rants are making it difficult to root for him.  You are very proud of Tyler and I understand why.  I am also a father and I am my son's biggest fan.  I know this is a tough and demanding sport for the wrestler and the entire family.  We all devote a lot of time putting our kids in a position to be successful on the mat and in life.  

I'm sure you understand the phrase "living vicariously".  I think this applies in this situation.  You should take a step back and let Tyler prove what ever he feels he needs to on the mat.  You don't need to tell us how great he is. I assure you that he will do just fine, if he just wrestles.    The results will say more than anything you could type.  If you just let him wrestle, you won't have to make excuses every time he happens to take a loss.

Tell Tyler good luck this season and go get that title.

Thanks, Brandon!! When will the new rankings be out!? LOL 

19 hours ago, REscalera said:

http://news.theopenmat.com/high-school-wrestling/high-school-wrestling-rankings/national-high-school-individual-wrestling-rankings-nov-9th-2017/64774

Adam Busiello ranked numero uno at 120 in the nation. Nice kid. He’s a junior, 6x Super 32 champ, and Penn State commit. Hammer on top. 

6 minutes ago, dutch said:

We should probably get a few weeks of wrestling in but that is up to Ranger. 

Good luck to Tyler and his team this year. 

Thank you! You guys too! Mason is probably 6’6” by now!! And I hope everyone on here knows I think the world of Ryan and Mason. Always have.   

3 hours ago, DevilDad said:

http://news.theopenmat.com/high-school-wrestling/high-school-wrestling-rankings/national-high-school-individual-wrestling-rankings-nov-9th-2017/64774

Adam Busiello ranked numero uno at 120 in the nation. Nice kid. He’s a junior, 6x Super 32 champ, and Penn State commit. Hammer on top. 

Hey dude!!!  Thanks for sharing.  Had no idea Zeke was ranked 15th at 113.  Good stuff.  Nah, I'm just playing.  Any hoot. Was there a message in here I was supposed to get?  If so, I'm a bit lost so throw me a rope please.  

24 minutes ago, REscalera said:

Hey dude!!!  Thanks for sharing.  Had no idea Zeke was ranked 15th at 113.  Good stuff.  Nah, I'm just playing.  Any hoot. Was there a message in here I was supposed to get?  If so, I'm a bit lost so throw me a rope please.  

1 of only 2 freshman ranked in the top 15

16 hours ago, REscalera said:

You hadn’t heard of Busiello. So only enlightening you. Congrats to your son! 113 is a tough weight class!

5 hours ago, DevilDad said:

You hadn’t heard of Busiello. So only enlightening you. Congrats to your son! 113 is a tough weight class!

Huh?  I'm a bit confused but it's not that hard for me to get there so take it easy on me. I don't recall saying that I didn't know who Busiello is.  He's a very hot commodity in the wrestling world. As for my son, thanks but it's not accurate.  He's going to start the season out at 120, which means unranked, which also means absolutely nothing.  I like PDIII's thoughts on rankings.