145 - Nathanial Lawrence 

Cadet Women
106 - Jaine Stephens 
127 - Carley O'Neil
127 - Courtney Pittman
132 - Hope Miracle
200 - Tionna Collins

• Upvote 3

Escalera has made it to the quarters. Closest match has been a win by 4. He has looked very impressive. Best of luck to him as he continues today.

• Upvote 1

Zeke is in the finals!! He advances with a 9-7 win over returning champion Colin Shriever of Iowa. Finals are tomorrow at 1:30 central time!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CoachC said:

Zeke is in the finals!! He advances with a 9-7 win over returning champion Colin Shriever of Iowa. Finals are tomorrow at 1:30 central time!

Go get that Stop sign Zeke ! Hopefully he is wrestling for Union County in the fall.

The amount of wrestlers competing keeps getting larger every year. I remember flying out by myself with Garth and then the numbers continuing to grow every year. A big thanks to Keith Smith, Jon Carr, Joe Carr Sr. and Jr., Isaac Knable, Efren Quirino, and all the Ervins and the staff at Union. I know there are people I am forgetting, but these are the people that I have been involved with over the years. They have meant a lot for the growth of freestyle and greco in Kentucky.

• Upvote 2

What an amazing accomplishment! Whether or not Zeke stays in KY is irrelevant to me. You got to do what is best for you and your situation. I hope his success helps motivate our younger guys to get more national level experience. 

32 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

What an amazing accomplishment! Whether or not Zeke stays in KY is irrelevant to me. You got to do what is best for you and your situation. I hope his success helps motivate our younger guys to get more national level experience. 

I agree whether or not he stays in Kentucky is irrelevant his family will do what's best for him and what Zeke wants to do. Zeke has always been one of the if not the kindest kids I have came into contact since I have been around the sport also one of the most exciting looking forward to seeing just how great he is going to become..

• Upvote 1

Being able to watch Zeke this past weekend was hands down amazing! He had ice running through veins and was a human highlight reel! Congratulations young man!! 

I hope this exposure will bring more intrest throughout the state and more participant in freestyle and Greco. 

I want to applaud everyone that went out to Fargo will be people to watch out for this year. You don't have to be the best to go to these kinda tournaments. A couple of our KY boys that haven't had any major accomplishments notched a few wins this weekend and that is most impressive thing I've seen from someone that's brand new to freestyle. 

What can we do to get more wrestlers intrested in freestyle & greco? Because as a state wrestling stops after KWOA spring classic held in March, that's only 6 months out of the year. I do not want to come on this forum to read of another great wrestler transfer from this state. The only way that we put a stop to it is by wrestling 12 months out of the year. Wrestling Freestyle and Greco is how you do that!  Our club has only trained freestyle this off-season and they do not want to go back to folkstyle.

Facts of a few club kids that wrestled freestyle this off-season and where only state qualifiers. 1. Beat 5 state placers from other states 2. 0-2 @ state wins match @ Fargo 3. Two wrestlers went 5-0 on the cadet duals team 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Awesome interview. How about Mr. Brandon Reed? Congrats to that young man as well. Now a 2X Fargo Freestyle All American!

He was a Greco AA last year, Freestyle this year.

• Upvote 1