Sign in to follow this  

$7 for a pretzel and coke

I'm sure this is just dreaming but, there are several venues which could accomodate this event. 1) NKUs  Bank of Ky. center

2) Moreheads Johnson Arena  3) EKUs McBrayer Arena.   all have seating for 6500+ the event could move around to all corners of the state. I'm aware planning and scheduling  would be a daunting issue, way to much to hope for from KHSAA. but one can still say

"I Have a Dream"!

Again whats the rental fee?

I know this one has been thrown around a million times but I'm pretty sure Freedom Hall is vacant like 40 out of 52 weeks in the year. But again; what's the rental fee? I don't know. And I don't know how to find out.

Rental, no clue. The mats aren't really an issue.I'm sure you can get 8 mats down. We as a sport needs the 4th largest population center in Kentucky to be involved. Let's be real the I65 corridor especially the southern part is non existent. Lots of corn-fed farm boys down that way and the largest Bosnia community in America(Eastern European) for that matter. And come on, most fans of wrestling are involved with established programs. I mean how many people just wondered into the Horse Park? This is a campus setting and could be quite collegial. Might even generate the University to entertain a team for themselves. Huge upside for our sport. The Altech Arena had its run, let's give a look elsewhere. Anybody know how long KHSAA contract with Altech is?

What does the rental fee need to be Plantman!?

Have to ask the KHSAA what they are willing to pay to have that answer, but you cant compare any venues until you have the rental fees. 

What is the rental fee of the the Horse Park Arena?

What's the rental fee at Altec?

Depends on what your renting and when you're renting.  

Everything at All tech is priced individually.  

Arena flooring $3500.00  (if the date you want is in a window that they will have the floor down already they sometimes will waive this or give a % off on this)

Arena Rental $3500.00 for a 12 hour window, $500 each additional hour

Removal of arena walls (the temporary walls between some of the sections  $800 each.   (that one hurts youth every year as fire code says we have to remove it)

North Hall rental  $1850 for a 12 hour window, $250 each additional hour

South Hall Rental $1850 for 12 hour window, $250 each additional hour

Video Board rental $1500 per 12 hour window, $150 each additional hour

Then theres suite rental fees, video/production room fees, wireless internet fees.  

Plus the cost of tables & Chairs (you can rent from HP or rent from an outside Vendor)  (they hit you with additional fees depending on who the outside vendor is)

Then there is Catering fees (whether you bring in your own people to do it, or use the horsepark.)  (example, to bring in pizzas and water to feed staff and officials for youth tournament, we had to pay a fee ----This fee is about the same % fee as most arenas that I have dealt with)

Requirement that you must have 2 EMT's on site at all times of the event  ---Let just say that gets expensive

You name it there's a fee for it.

Really no different than using any other venue. 

Now, I did the leg work for one arena, why dont a few of you others help do the leg work for other arenas.  

Arena flooring $3500.00 (if the date you want is in a window that they will have the floor down already they sometimes will waive this or give a % off on this)

Removal of arena walls (the temporary walls between some of the sections $800 each. (that one hurts youth every year as fire code says we have to remove it)

North Hall rental $1850 for a 12 hour window, $250 each additional hour

Then theres suite rental fees, video/production room fees, wireless internet fees.

Plus the cost of tables & Chairs (you can rent from HP or rent from an outside Vendor) (they hit you with additional fees depending on who the outside vendor is)

Then there is Catering fees (whether you bring in your own people to do it, or use the horsepark.) (example, to bring in pizzas and water to feed staff and officials for youth tournament, we had to pay a fee ----This fee is about the same % fee as most arenas that I have dealt with)

Requirement that you must have 2 EMT's on site at all times of the event ---Let just say that gets expensive

Now, I did the leg work for one arena, why dont a few of you others help do the leg work for other arenas.

You know because you help run youth state, it's not like you just went and researched it. Theres no where you can just get a list of prices. It's all done by appointments and and individuals would not be able to just get costs to run state.

Reguardless it all doesn't matter anyway in the end. The khsaa will have to decide they want to change, then find venues, and negotiate price. We could do it all for them and they'd still do it them self and only if they want to. So in the end it's wishful thinking

You know because you help run youth state, it's not like you just went and researched it. Theres no where you can just get a list of prices. It's all done by appointments and and individuals would not be able to just get costs to run state.

Reguardless it all doesn't matter anyway in the end. The khsaa will have to decide they want to change, then find venues, and negotiate price. We could do it all for them and they'd still do it them self and only if they want to. So in the end it's wishful thinking

Actually.............I do have the preliminary charges for Broadbent, Freedom Hall, Bank of KY Center and the Civic Center in frankfort (which isnt an option anymore as they will not do wrestling events)  

All it takes is an email or a phone call.  

I will have all that info for the Diddle arena tomorrow. Talking to campus events in the morning. Seats about 5000 people and the floor is 120' by 70'. So if my math is right we could only get six mats in there. Nor sure if that is a complete deal breaker but thats that. We would need to have event staff ie Security(policeman) EMTs, and ushers(yellow jackets). Concession is a Center Plate. Houchens/IGA Has sponsored the girls sweet 16 for years and they have had done the hospitality room for coaches as well. 1500 parking spaces directory across the street in a structure if I'm not mistaken. More info to come...

I bet if we could combine the regions to make four like the old days even go back to the three step system that was in place. We could be in these human event venues With a sixteen man bracket. Looking at some of these regions and the six man brackets there...come on. Some kid could have a good weekend and make state? But I have seen some brackets at sixteen. Other states have no wrestle backs for the first round(s) and the top four advanced, heck I've seen top two only with a true second advance.

The Altech Arena is quite grand and I'm sure alot of people worked hard on getting that in place. But this isn't an isolated opinion anymore. It is a big barn plain and simple.

Arena flooring $3500.00 (if the date you want is in a window that they will have the floor down already they sometimes will waive this or give a % off on this)

Removal of arena walls (the temporary walls between some of the sections $800 each. (that one hurts youth every year as fire code says we have to remove it)

North Hall rental $1850 for a 12 hour window, $250 each additional hour

Plus the cost of tables & Chairs (you can rent from HP or rent from an outside Vendor) (they hit you with additional fees depending on who the outside vendor is)

Then there is Catering fees (whether you bring in your own people to do it, or use the horsepark.) (example, to bring in pizzas and water to feed staff and officials for youth tournament, we had to pay a fee ----This fee is about the same % fee as most arenas that I have dealt with)

Requirement that you must have 2 EMT's on site at all times of the event ---Let just say that gets expensive

After reading this, it seems like an insane amount of work to get the tournament ready. I am sincerely sorry for complaining. Me starting this post was just frustration with the horse park, not you or khsaa or anyone. Thank you for all the hard work that you do.

With that being said though, those are INSANELY high prices. There has to be somewhere in state that would be willing to help out our sport for less than that!

Exactly! Imagine that there are some insane individuals that do this stuff year after year. Too many people assume we just show up and a tournament happens.

The board will explore options, but to get 8-10 mats down they are limited. And believe it or not arenas are not knocking down our door to get our business. In fact the horse park does little to encourage us to come back each year.

Exactly! Imagine that there are some insane individuals that do this stuff year after year. Too many people assume we just show up and a tournament happens.

The board will explore options, but to get 8-10 mats down they are limited. And believe it or not arenas are not knocking down our door to get our business. In fact the horse park does little to encourage us to come back each year.

That's sad. Surely there has to be a venue that wants our business out there somewhere.

I dream of a time where one day the Yum Center lets us host state for free lol

That's sad. Surely there has to be a venue that wants our business out there somewhere.

I dream of a time where one day the Yum Center lets us host state for free lol

Speaking of Yum Center (I know someone who works there) flat rental just for the building is $10,000.00.

Speaking of Yum Center (I know someone who works there) flat rental just for the building is $10,000.00.

The farm show is the same weekend as the state tournement. There won't be any hotel rooms available in Louisville.

Well, so if the Farm Show is that weekend extend season a week.  Would be nice if M.S. and H.S State duals were not the same weekend.  This would also allow schools that are hosting the duals more of a volunteer pool to help with Duals.

Well, so if the Farm Show is that weekend extend season a week.  Would be nice if M.S. and H.S State duals were not the same weekend.  This would also allow schools that are hosting the duals more of a volunteer pool to help with Duals.

Good point, on many fronts. Also, it would be great for the M.S. wrestlers to be able to attend state. Increased attendance= $$$. $$$= opportunities to improve location of state tournament. It's all about that cash dollah. 

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this