Ranger123

KSWA State seeding meeting

I think people's frustrations are not knowing how brackets are arranged and the idea of not keeping things out in the open will lead to moving kids around to benefit their chances of placing.  I know this is not the case because most of us know who puts these together would not do that, but I do see it happen in off season tourneys a lot.  Plus most people who complaining are parents and are not privileged to all the info.

Also, if coaches really understand how the process worked, they would really put up a better arguement for their wrestlers in the #2 or #3 seeding of the #1's.  If what MLee has posted is correct, I can see a huge advantage in the 86lb class with Lee being a #2 and Ballinger being a #3.  The #3 will have to face Mattingly who is by far the toughest #2.  Also how in the world was Deck not the overwhelming #1 at 98?  Thats surprising.

86 1 seed is from Region 1 so Region 1s 2 can't be on the top. Looks like 3 would be the most appropriate place. It does suck but that's how it falls out. Some overall 1s have the toughest 2 it is just part of the tournament.

I think people's frustrations are not knowing how brackets are arranged and the idea of not keeping things out in the open will lead to moving kids around to benefit their chances of placing. I know this is not the case because most of us know who puts these together would not do that, but I do see it happen in off season tourneys a lot. Plus most people who complaining are parents and are not privileged to all the info.

Also, if coaches really understand how the process worked, they would really put up a better arguement for their wrestlers in the #2 or #3 seeding of the #1's. If what MLee has posted is correct, I can see a huge advantage in the 86lb class with Lee being a #2 and Ballinger being a #3. The #3 will have to face Mattingly who is by far the toughest #2. Also how in the world was Deck not the overwhelming #1 at 98? Thats surprising.

The problem with your statement is no one person can rearrange the brackets to better anyone. Approx. 50 coaches were on the seeding meeting call. They heard every weight and every seed. Once seeds are decided, the bracket works itself out. There are no questions or ways to manipulate it without changing the seeding. So nothing is hidden from any coach who took the time to participate in the seeding meeting call. If they wrote down each weight and the seeded wrestlers all they need to figure out every bracket is the region results which are already posted either on here or on trackwrestling.

I don't think he's saying mattingly should be on top. I think he's saying that he would think that the coaches for region winners that are the #2&#3 seed would have put up a better fight for seeding so that their wrestler didn't have to face mattingly until later in the bracket.

I think people's frustrations are not knowing how brackets are arranged and the idea of not keeping things out in the open will lead to moving kids around to benefit their chances of placing.  I know this is not the case because most of us know who puts these together would not do that, but I do see it happen in off season tourneys a lot.  Plus most people who complaining are parents and are not privileged to all the info.

Also, if coaches really understand how the process worked, they would really put up a better arguement for their wrestlers in the #2 or #3 seeding of the #1's.  If what MLee has posted is correct, I can see a huge advantage in the 86lb class with Lee being a #2 and Ballinger being a #3.  The #3 will have to face Mattingly who is by far the toughest #2.  Also how in the world was Deck not the overwhelming #1 at 98?  Thats surprising.

See post 12

I wasn't saying anyone was rearranging brackets.  I was just saying until MLee posted how to arrange the brackets, there was no info out in the open on how the process worked, which could lead to this type of speculation.  If this info was out in the open then we wouldn't see so many people complaining and fearing the worst.

Thanks Plantmanky1.  It kinda makes sense now that I see that post, but the guy has been ranked #1 all year long and has been a state runner up the past 2 years to Tucker from Woodford.  I don't see how the process could not make him a #1.  I guess the other coach was really convincing.  Probably an attorney!

Thanks Plantmanky1.  It kinda makes sense now that I see that post, but the guy has been ranked #1 all year long and has been a state runner up the past 2 years to Tucker from Woodford.  I don't see how the process could not make him a #1.  I guess the other coach was really convincing.  Probably an attorney!

I rarely post on this site but here are the facts

2013 Deck       6th at 75

Wheeler  3rd at 80

2014 Deck       2nd at 86 to Tucker 

Wheeler  2nd at 92 to Roth

2015 Deck  undefeated in state opponents at 105

Wheeler  undefeated in state opponents at 98

The mediator made the call there were no arguments and no I'm not an attorney just the coach that was on the call for my team and actually I didn't say much just the facts.

One more thing Tucker was the runner up in 2013 to Yenter he won his first state title 2014.

• Upvote 1

The information is out there you just have to do a little research to find it.  KSWA is using the same format as last year.  If you really wanted to figure out who would have who just work the brackets from last year.  

It's not our fault that we did our homework and made the best possible situation for our wrestlers!  As a coach, parent, or team mom it is our job to give our kids the best chance.  

Coaches that do their homework certainly do and should make a case for their wrestlers.  In the case of 86, Lee had a head 2 head win over Ballinger.  Not much arguing.   

Come on MLee that was WAYYYY too soon.

Actually thanks to some help from a Brave little elf the brackets are completed and ready to open to the public on track. I just need to do one last qc check. The event is called KSWA State Championship on track.

Random draw or seeding, some people are never going to be happy either way it's done.

Seeding the regional winners certainly has to be more fair than a random draw.

Is it really a legitimate complaint that one weight class is not a perfect bracket.......

Perfect brackets are never going to happen in any way the brackets are drawn.

The seeding meeting had coach input for all kids except two.

I'd say that's as fair overall as it can be done!

Now it's up to the kids to sort it out!!

Hey Ranger, just went to Track and found the event just as you have it posted. Unfortunately it said that the brackets weren't available to the public yet. Am I doing something wrong, or are you still doing your final check? Thanks in advance for your help.

I rarely post on this site but here are the facts

2013 Deck       6th at 75

Wheeler  3rd at 80

2014 Deck       2nd at 86 to Tucker 

Wheeler  2nd at 92 to Roth

2015 Deck  undefeated in state opponents at 105

Wheeler  undefeated in state opponents at 98

The mediator made the call there were no arguments and no I'm not an attorney just the coach that was on the call for my team and actually I didn't say much just the facts.

One more thing Tucker was the runner up in 2013 to Yenter he won his first state title 2014.

didn't Deck beat Wheeler head to head this year?

Hey Ranger, just went to Track and found the event just as you have it posted. Unfortunately it said that the brackets weren't available to the public yet. Am I doing something wrong, or are you still doing your final check? Thanks in advance for your help.

Yep, still double checking the seeding and matchups. The Brave man did a lot of work in a short time and I don't want to hear the whining when someone's name is spelled wrong or someone possibly ends up placed in the wrong spot.

Wrestling fan you now have a full 10 days to study not just the seeds but the full bracket and figure out that foolproof strategy for the state tournament.

Let me be one of the first to say thank you for putting this together in less than 2 days. I'd like to see people like "wrestling fan" step up and help us make this a better state for wrestling. Run for office and do their part instead of criticizing the people that do it for free in their limited free time. It's a thankless job with the only reward being the love of this sport and the satisfaction of coaching or watching our kids compete locally or nationally and how far they've came. It's not about the "wrestling fan" first, it's about the wrestlers first. Thanks Ranger and Brave for getting it right!!