bulldog-leader

Dedication and Commitment

What do these two words mean to a wrestler? What is expected from the wrestler?

What do these two words mean to a coach? What is expected from a coach?

The last question is what does loyalty mean to a wrestler and a coach? What is expected from each?

I ask these questions because it seems that Campbell County's coaches have forgotten what these words mean.

I'm assuming a Bachman got beat out in a wrestle off?... Shame, he's wrestled for CC all year and Myers hasn't even wrestled one match for them.

I don't see how a wrestler can represent a team in the post season who hasn't even wrestled a match for them in the regular season....crazy!

• Upvote 1

And someone told me that I should be ashamed of saying something negative about Coach B. Looks to me that he has lost his way. Or is it that he wants that last state title before he retires.

B-L: Are you sure that you want to continue with this. You and Coach B have known each other a very long time, he as your coach then collegue and friend.

Good question. I've watched a wrestler be over-weight (as much as 5lbs.) every single wrestle off of the season and then this week not even come to practice all week, and miss wrestle-offs. Then show up on Friday practice for a few and sit the rest of the time, and then get to wrestle is Saturdays match. What is the coach teaching this wrestler? That he doesn't have to play by the rules that the rest of the team does. That he doesn't have to work as hard as everyone else and he will still be handed his spot on the team. In turn he is one of the laziest wrestlers in practice and has to constantly be to told to keep working. The sad thing is he is probably the most talented wrestler on the team, but because he doesn't have to work and is allowed to be lazy and have an attitude he will never be as good as he could be.

And someone told me that I should be ashamed of saying something negative about Coach B. Looks to me that he has lost his way. Or is it that he wants that last state title before he retires.

B-L: Are you sure that you want to continue with this. You and Coach B have known each other a very long time, he as your coach then collegue and friend.

KHSAA ruled on the situation. I would guess KHSAA trumps anything a coach wants to do. Why would a coach want to contradict the ruling and risk possible disciplinary action? It is what it is, unfortunately.

What a joke this is exactly what not being loyal looks like! Coming on a forum in which most of the state looks at including his sons friends and team mates, and bashing an entire coaching staff. GROW UP!!!!

KHSAA ruled on the situation. I would guess KHSAA trumps anything a coach wants to do. Why would a coach want to contradict the ruling and risk possible disciplinary action? It is what it is, unfortunately.

One thing in this state, you still can pick who you want to have on your team, the KHSAA does say that a peron or persons in on your team, they say that your eligible for your team. Sorry to here about Bachmans son and I guess he isnt eligible for 45 is he. Im sure the Myers boys wanted to be eligible earlier so timing really isnt their fault other than switching school. (I didnt agree with the ruling either) Its a hard thing do you always use your best wrestlers or most loyal wrestlers

not knowing the whole situation, id say that this is completely unfair towards bachman, he has wrestled in his spot all year long and wrestled for CCHS and for the past 2 years, comes to practice puts in his; sweat, blood, and tears into the team. then along comes a stud and takes his varsity spot the week of regions. not very fair to bachman, but then again the myers boys cant be blamed in the least for moving there and being talented individuals, nor should they be punished... tough situation and tough decision for CC coaching staff. Now the question is, will bachman be able to wrestle 45? or wrestle off 60? kicking out another kid

The KHSAA rules the athletes are eligible or not, its up to the Coach as to whether the Athlete can even join the team this late in the season or compete in place of some a starter.

Would Coacih B let the Myers boys wrestle if his son was the one losing a varsity spot right before the region tournament. I don't think so, but we will never know.

Peoples actions say everything you need to know about a person. Loyalty ? Commitment ? Coach of the year ? Mr. Meyers was right again , one big joke . Oh, dont say this dont say that. Call a spade a spade.

Birds of the same feather flock together. Thats the way to stick together team.

What do these two words mean to a wrestler? What is expected from the wrestler?

What do these two words mean to a coach? What is expected from a coach?

The last question is what does loyalty mean to a wrestler and a coach? What is expected from each?

I ask these questions because it seems that Campbell County's coaches have forgotten what these words mean.

Looks like you have as well BL. Coming here and bashing a staff for following what i assume was a standard wrestle off. Any CC wrestlers want to fill us old folks on the other end of the state in on what happened?

Yes you are correct I have no loyalty left for the program or staff. At least I admit that. When one is not shown loyalty one should not give it back.

HC. I have been coaching him, but I don't make the decisions at CC.

CC; I have more loyalty to my family than to freinds. I no longer represent CC in any form as a coach, or volunteer. I will go and watch my son wrestle nothing more.

Our coach told us about Wrestle-Off's early in the year. Each week you have the chance to win the "Varsity' spot. He then went on to say, at about 2/3 the way through the season, the person who has been in that spot the most, would remain there for rest of the year (baring injury) and represent the school at all post-season events.

Seems fair to me. Guess others don't view it that way.

BTW-- has made our team stronger, and we know who is where, and no politics!

I was assuming that after the 145 lber quit that Stephen was going 152 and Bauchman would cut to 145. Is this too much of a cut for Bauchman to make? If he cant make the cut to 145 can bump up to 160? Either way is this going to leave Campbell Co with one less kid scoring points at State? I would have to think Campbell is the favorite now to win team title but having a weight with no points scorer will come into play

I've been around wrestling in Kentucky for well over a decade now and I have had many encounters with Coach B. on and off the mat. I have never doubted his integrity or his commitment to his team and his recent decision to allow the Myers boys to wrestle HAS NOT changed my opinion. Coach B. has been an ambassador to our sport well beyond the contours of Kentucky. I have no doubt that his decision was driven by his desire to be fair to all parties. One could argue that he should inately honor wrestlers who have been around all season, and this is a fair arguement, but when faced with such a difficult choice any of us would give pause and try to make the best one. The Myers boys are not wrestling for CC just so the Camels can hoist a state title at season's end. They are wrestling because Coach B. believes those boys should not be punished for the poor behavior of their father. I truly believe this. There was no perfect choice to be made here. It is unfortunate that the inclusion of the Myers brothers has adversely effected a hard-working wrestler, but it is simply an unwanted result of a very difficult decision. And I have learned that any coach around the state would rather see his kids succeed individually than win a team title. It's not about a coach's personal glory, it is about molding these kids into successful, achieving young men.

• Upvote 1

Purple Kool-aid taste good uh? If the two new wrestlers were in the mix of other CC past state qualifiers (Yenter, Fausz, Woods, Hamilton) I don't know that Coach B's proxies would have been so eager to welcome them to the team. If you think this is a selfless act by the coach, you are wrong. This is all about winning at all cost. This was not some random set of events that just miraculously happened. This move was welcomed and at least in part coordinated by people associated with CC wrestling. Coach will say he had no contact before the new boys showed up at school - that's the rule. But it was made clear to the transfers way before Christmas they would wrestle for CC in state tourney if KHSAA approved and others liked the idea of getting that state champ ring because it didn't impact their kid directly. Ask the kids, they know what time it is.

• Upvote 3

I've been around wrestling in Kentucky for well over a decade now and I have had many encounters with Coach B. on and off the mat. I have never doubted his integrity or his commitment to his team and his recent decision to allow the Myers boys to wrestle HAS NOT changed my opinion. Coach B. has been an ambassador to our sport well beyond the contours of Kentucky. I have no doubt that his decision was driven by his desire to be fair to all parties. One could argue that he should inately honor wrestlers who have been around all season, and this is a fair arguement, but when faced with such a difficult choice any of us would give pause and try to make the best one. The Myers boys are not wrestling for CC just so the Camels can hoist a state title at season's end. They are wrestling because Coach B. believes those boys should not be punished for the poor behavior of their father. I truly believe this. There was no perfect choice to be made here. It is unfortunate that the inclusion of the Myers brothers has adversely effected a hard-working wrestler, but it is simply an unwanted result of a very difficult decision. And I have learned that any coach around the state would rather see his kids succeed individually than win a team title. It's not about a coach's personal glory, it is about molding these kids into successful, achieving young men.

nicely put.

Purple Kool-aid taste good uh? If the two new wrestlers were in the mix of other CC past state qualifiers (Yenter, Fausz, Woods, Hamilton) I don't know that Coach B's proxies would have been so eager to welcome them to the team. If you think this is a selfless act by the coach, you are wrong. This is all about winning at all cost. This was not some random set of events that just miraculously happened. This move was welcomed and at least in part coordinated by people associated with CC wrestling. Coach will say he had no contact before the new boys showed up at school - that's the rule. But it was made clear to the transfers way before Christmas they would wrestle for CC in state tourney if KHSAA approved and others liked the idea of getting that state champ ring because it didn't impact their kid directly. Ask the kids, they know what time it is.

Some bold accusations here.

Yes you are correct I have no loyalty left for the program or staff. At least I admit that. When one is not shown loyalty one should not give it back.

HC. I have been coaching him, but I don't make the decisions at CC.

CC; I have more loyalty to my family than to freinds. I no longer represent CC in any form as a coach, or volunteer. I will go and watch my son wrestle nothing more.

So in essence you are throwing a tantrum similar to the likes of papa Meyers? Nicely played.

I have to say something, coach B originally when telling them they could wrestle on our team believed Stephen to be able to wrestle 38, he never intended for anyone's spot to get taken. 45 being open he assumed either me or Stephen would fill it... so he couldn't go back on his word on telling the boys they could wrestle off, the chances at a state title were not even on his mind when making the decision.

nicely put.

Some bold accusations here.

So in essence you are throwing a tantrum similar to the likes of papa Meyers? Nicely played.

Why not? Seems to work pretty good for him. And if you don't think CC coach had a state title in mind your just being foolish.If he didn't, they wouldn't be wrestling this season for CC.