Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

State Duals coming up

Somebody made the point that we haven't given Dragon and State Duals the attention they deserve considering they are nearly upon us. Now being up here wrasslin in Ohio I haven't followed much wrestling in the commonwealth outside of Region 1 so I don't feel qualified to offer up my own predictions. But I'll throw my support behind the infamous Union County

• Upvote 1

Pool Predictions:

1. Larue Co. 2. Union Co. 3. CC 4. Trinity

Wayne Co Woodford Co. Southern Oldham Co.

St. X Simon Kenton JC Anderson Co.

Fort Cam. Franklin Co. Eastern Meade Co.

Larue and Union for first and second with Larue winning

CC and Trinity for third and fourth with CC winning

If the pools do come out this way I could see Oldham upsetting Trinity

I think Larue runs away with it! Campbell, Union, Trinity will be in the hunt. If Simon Kenton gets in they will also be hard to beat, I think they lost to Campbell by 2 and Ryle by 2 without 3 of their starters. State duals are always a fun event to watch.

I originally thought that Larue would dominate, but I am leaning towards Union after looking at some of the match-up possibilities. It all depends on how the pools shake out, but I believe Oldham Co. has a shot at an upset.

Tis the year for the hawks for sure, they have a great program going on down there and I don't believe anyone can come close to them. Aside from them I'm with Figure4, CC, Trinity, and Union are going to be amungst the top teams. I'm preditcting that Simon Kenton will have some major upsets down there. They beat Ryle early in the year and just lost to both CC and Ryle recently by two points with 4 of their starters out... they will have their full line up down at State Duals. Larue over SK in the finals.

Some of you may not remember but this group of Larue wrestlers were defeated by Union at the middle school state Duals when they were 8th graders. Everyone said Larue couldn't be beat then. That's why we decide it on the mat.

Match by match predictions

106 larue by Dec 3-0

113 union by fall 3-6

120 union by fall 3-12

126 union by fall 3-18

132 union by fall 3-24

138 union by major 3-28

145union by Dec 3-31

152 union by Dec 3-34.....that's the last points we will see from union

160 larue by major 7-34

170 larue by fall 13-34

182 larue by fall 19-34

195 larue by major 23-34

220 larue by major 27-34

285 larue by fall 33-34 union wins....

Key points: 103 bonus opportunity for larue. 132 Carr must pin Perez. If uinions heavyweight can keep from getting pinned, that will be a big help for them.

I see each team winning 7 matches, so this dual will be won on bonus points.

103, bonus points will not happen. Kid from Union will have to get thrown in a headlock (cough, jerimiah kline, cough) for Larue to get any bonus points.

If Trinity finally has a full lineup for the first time this year then I can see them making some noise as well. I'm not sure if Darrow is back yet or not, but I'm hoping he is.

106 larue by Dec 3-0

113 union by fall 3-6

120 union by fall 3-12

126 union by fall 3-18

132 union by fall 3-24

138 union by major 3-28

145union by Dec 3-31

160 larue by major 7-34

170 larue by fall 13-34

182 larue by fall 19-34

195 larue by major 23-34

220 larue by major 27-34

Key points: 103 bonus opportunity for larue. 132 Carr must pin Perez. If uinions heavyweight can keep from getting pinned, that will be a big help for them.

Brock and Jayce are great wrestlers but I don't see them pinning Paden or Perez. I see both of those matches as being close hard fought matches.

106 larue by Dec 3-0

113 union by fall 3-6

120 union by fall 3-12

126 union by fall 3-18

132 union by fall 3-24

138 union by major 3-28

145union by Dec 3-31

160 larue by major 7-34

170 larue by fall 13-34

182 larue by fall 19-34

195 larue by major 23-34

220 larue by major 27-34

I agree with your assessment that this dual will be close and most definitely won on bonus points. But, I'd be a little surprised if Newberry didn't pin at 220.

I agree with your assessment that this dual will be close and most definitely won on bonus points. But, I'd be a little surprised if Newberry didn't pin at 220.

I could see that happening. My annalysis is more of a means to an end. I predict union winning but it will be by 3 or fewer points. however, several of these matches could flip flop on where pins, majors, and Dec are earnes. Of course all this is based on a HUGE assumption: that both teams have all their guys healthy.

Not absolutely positive but doesn't each region have two teams. If i am not mistaken that would leave Simon Kenton out of the picture.

That is correct, however; from what i understand Ryle will be going to a tournament in Ohio that weekend leaving #3 SK able to attend.

Larue has a great yes dual record and I look for them to move Paden to 120. By suing this they would hope to win 120 by dec. that would be a 9 point swing and Brock would get a pin at 126. That is only if Paden can drop to 120. Just my opinion.

no one moves the lineup like Cantar, his son can wrestle what 52,60,maybe 70 im not sure but he beat woodfords #1 7 nothing earlier in the year, back to back state dual champs in my opinion followed by Union, CC then Tri or Ryle

Top 4 Seeds

1 Union

2 Larue

3 , 4, 5 going to be hard to tell with Wayne Co being undefeated in instate competition and I dont know know what Trinity's record is, kind of makes Campbell Co a dangerous 4 or 5

this seed meeting should be a good one and will really decide how things turn out

except for Ryle who will be the most dangerous #2 coming from a region

Top 4 Seeds

1 Union

2 Larue

3 , 4, 5 going to be hard to tell with Wayne Co being undefeated in instate competition and I dont know know what Trinity's record is, kind of makes Campbell Co a dangerous 4 or 5

this seed meeting should be a good one and will really decide how things turn out

except for Ryle who will be the most dangerous #2 coming from a region

LaRue is undefeated against in-state competition. They should be the No. 1 seed, followed by Union County.