Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

Best in the Bluegrass

Who's the best pound for pound wrestler in the state this year?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best pound for pound wrestler in the state this year?

• Caleb Ervin
    • Mark Hall
    • Michael Osborne
    • Josh Johnson
    • Brad Hitchings
    • Myron Bradbury

So, why isn't Caleb Ervin in more of these posts?  Ok, Fahy, Hall, Bradbury, Josh Johnson, Hitchingsand a few others are all very good wrestlers.  The best wrestler in the state is not Fahy or Hall.  To my knowledge, Caleb Ervin is still unbeaten - including wins over a nationally ranked wrestler in TN and an impressive title at Mater Dei. 

The best wrestler in the state is the reigning Cadet national champion from Union County.  He's not from Louisville, Lexington or North Kentucky, so he doesn't get the same exposure.  But no question, he's the best in the Bluegrass.

So, why isn't Caleb Ervin in more of these posts?  Ok, Fahy, Hall, Bradbury, Josh Johnson, Hitchingsand a few others are all very good wrestlers.  The best wrestler in the state is not Fahy or Hall.  To my knowledge, Caleb Ervin is still unbeaten - including wins over a nationally ranked wrestler in TN and an impressive title at Mater Dei. 

The best wrestler in the state is the reigning Cadet national champion from Union County.  He's not from Louisville, Lexington or North Kentucky, so he doesn't get the same exposure.  But no question, he's the best in the Bluegrass.

I agree but his name is on the list.  What do you want?  I think he one of if not the best wrestler but if you want to give him more press or more notice post the results from the tournaments so that everyone can see them. If you want to attach photos of Miss Kentucky along with it we can all see how truly blessed the Irvin family is; certainly not one a dimensional family.

With Johnson going down the way he did I'd have to say Ervin.  Don't remember him wrestling but a Sophomore Nationals championship, a state championship last year the way he won, and winning the Mater Dei tournament puts him over Bradbury, Hall and Fahy.

I agree but his name is on the list.  What do you want?  I think he one of if not the best wrestler but if you want to give him more press or more notice post the results from the tournaments so that everyone can see them. If you want to attach photos of Miss Kentucky along with it we can all see how truly blessed the Irvin family is; certainly not one a dimensional family.

No need to be a TROLL!! :evil:

i would have to Ervin for now. but in a few years mark hall will be on the top.

yea right!!  In a few years Mark Hall will be back in Michigan.  Actually in a few weeks!!!!!!!

i dont understand why you dont have faye on here how do you explaine him not being the best pound for pound wrestler for ther stae of kentucky but on that list id go with josh johnson

i dont understand why you dont have faye on here how do you explaine him not being the best pound for pound wrestler for ther stae of kentucky but on that list id go with josh johnson

My bad...I definitely should have included Fahy.

In my view, the best pound for pound would be:

1)  Caleb Ervin

2)  John Fahy

3)  Josh Johnson

4)  Brad Hitchings

5)  Mark Hall (Will be much higher later in his career)

6)  Bradbury

My bad...I definitely should have included Fahy.

In my view, the best pound for pound would be:

1)  Caleb Ervin

2)  John Fahy

3)  Josh Johnson

4)  Brad Hitchings

5)  Mark Hall (Will be much higher later in his career)

6)  Bradbury

why ervin over fahy

Why not? It's his opinion. I'm sure he has his reasons just as you obviously have yours for Fahy over Ervin.

I think he was asking him to explain why he has that opinion.  Not saying he was crazy or anything.

Simple - Caleb has consistently defeated very high level and national competition this year.  That includes a national cadet title over the summer.  Frankly, Fahy has been in and out of the lineup this year, missing some key tournaments.  Caleb has won every tournament he has entered, which is all of them.  In two weeks I may change my mind and have Mark Hall as my number 2 wrestler, but I doubt Irvin will finish anything but the best in the bluegrass.