Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 1

another great match was franklin countys Josh Bruning and Bryan stations najee Calderon. they went in to 3 ot's. 1st ot no take downs. 2nd ot najee Calderon rode bruning out. 3rd ot josh bruning hooked his legs and got back points which resulted in a loss for Calderon but over all a great match.

josh bruning #5

najee Calderon #24

think about it ranger lol hint hint :lol: :wink:

I happen to see that match, Abney also through a number of headlocks in that match. I think thats the only reason he beat Yenter.

who cares how he won. if he can hit the hip tosses every time on the kid, then he will win every time. thats like saying the only reason isaac knable was any good was because he had a good double leg. a double leg and a hip toss are both takedowns that can both be setup. how come when someone gets tossed, it automatically makes that win a fluke?

who cares how he won. if he can hit the hip tosses every time on the kid, then he will win every time. thats like saying the only reason isaac knable was any good was because he had a good double leg. a double leg and a hip toss are both takedowns that can both be setup. how come when someone gets tossed, it automatically makes that win a fluke?

Even though I'm the one that said Knable wasn't that good because of this you bring up a valid point here.  He could hit it on everyone in KY and it was good enough.  I'm not familiar with Abney but if he can hit the headlock match after match then he's obviously as good as it can take him.  The problem is how far will it take him, especially since everyone is going to know it's coming?

I don't know what Abney weighed, but Yenter weighs about 92 on a good day.  He's having a great season and holding his own.  I can't wait to see him take on these guys when they are pound for pound!

All Bruning does is lock up with you.  If you have seen any of his matches for the last two years you'd know that is all he does.  He very rarley shoots and should be called for stalling.

All Bruning does is lock up with you.  If you have seen any of his matches for the last two years you'd know that is all he does.  He very rarley shoots and should be called for stalling.

ive seen him shoot some pretty nice ankle picks but yeah i also saw the hold them tight and stall to keep from getting scored on

Even though I'm the one that said Knable wasn't that good because of this you bring up a valid point here.  He could hit it on everyone in KY and it was good enough.  I'm not familiar with Abney but if he can hit the headlock match after match then he's obviously as good as it can take him.  The problem is how far will it take him, especially since everyone is going to know it's coming?

i mean i see abney hit it a lot, but i wasnt stating this just because of abney. i was stating it for anyone that says a win was a fluke just because it was a toss. i know a lot of people feel a lot of my matches are flukes because i hit a lot of tosses.

chase boone from ohio county beat ritchie supe scott in quadruple overtime by 1

there is no quadruple, its just triple overtime

1st overtime-sudden death first takedown

2nd overtime-consist of 2 30 sec gos where you switch places in referees position

3rd overtime-is 30 secs all you have to do is ride someone out or get an escape and you win.

Tre Such wishes to call shenanigans on Daniel Urban from UHA being ranked. Tre had a decision win over him when they wrestled. Tre hasn't been wrestling because he was out with an ankle injury but he has wrestled 8 matches and went 7-1

I don't know what Abney weighed, but Yenter weighs about 92 on a good day.  He's having a great season and holding his own.  I can't wait to see him take on these guys when they are pound for pound!

I agree, and if you have to headlock a guy who is 10 pounds lighter than you to win thats horrible. I mean he did beat yenter, but only by 1. Abney did not impress me at all. thats all he seemed to do is headlock.

no the first time it went into ot but yes the 2nd was a fall

It was an OT victory the first time but i rolled him through to his back in OT. Final score was 11-6

Garth is a 90 pound stud.  I love his attitude even when he's giving up 15 pounds.  I have watched him wrestle several times this year and when his opponent leaves the mat he's scratching his head win or lose.  All wrestlers should have his Grit and "Never Say Die" mentality.  Great athlete but even better kid.

1 SO Ryan Houchens 12

2 SK Matt Neal 12

3 Ryle Jacob Bradford 12

4 SC Brad Stafford 11

5 TC Daniel Griggs 12

6 Old Co Jeff Smith 12

7 NH Marcell Haynes 12

8 Sou Jordan Blakemore 12

9 Cen Jordan Tennyson 12

10 Un Co Tim McKenney 10

11 Tri Josh Lewis 11

12 Chr Co Mark Payne 12

13 Way Co Cody Mink 10

14 WH Josh Bell 11

15 Hol Mark Jones 12

16 Con Huston Dockery 11

17 Scott Stewart Stevens 12

18 Sen Alex Stengel 11

19 And Co Jonathan Haddix 11

20 Cald Co Kyle Proffit 12

21 Hop Darrick Dillard 12

22 NO Robert Holtzman 10

23 New Josh Stafford 11

24 Fair Pat Elam 12

25 Whit Co Soloman Vanover

Shaun Lenz of Harrison Co. pinned Robert Holtzman at either the Oldham Co. super duals or Nelson Co. duals. Not sure which. Shaun is a pretty solid wrestle but has been out here recently due to Infatigo. His record is 10-1 and only loss came from Krow from Meade co.

I agree, and if you have to headlock a guy who is 10 pounds lighter than you to win thats horrible. I mean he did beat yenter, but only by 1. Abney did not impress me at all. thats all he seemed to do is headlock.

if its winning the match and yenter keeps giving it to him, why not headlock? to be honest, yenter should never get hip tossed because he is so short. it should almost be impossible. all you have to do is keep you hips lower than the person trying to toss you.

Pravasic was the only 215 to give Ilg a match at the TCI. Ilg killed Brown and stuck Hester. Kinder #11 at 215 is ranked to high. He is like 5-5 since losing in the TC-WC match at regional duals. Holbrook is wrestling 189 for Ashland. He was 1/2 pound over on Saturday and wrestled unattached. I read Harlow is staying at 285 and Griggs at Union quit. If so, there will be a lot change at 215. Also it is Hood not Fawns at Mon Co.

yea i must say kinder had the sloppiest match i have ever seen he literally stood straight up and walked around the whole time, his opponent was a laf kid and he did the same thing at one point in the match the laf kid turned his back and walked slowly to the center while kinder slowly followed behind doing nothing it was sad.