Sign in to follow this  
Louisiana Joe

Dragon Invitational Results

hitchings has the heart of a champion you know he will always give it his all. i would have to say reid is the best ky wrestler this year pound for pound and i am sure hitchings didnt back down a bit.

Did Coty Lewis from Woodford Co. wrestle today???

Coty won his secound match off a 5 point move with 7 seconds left, then wrestled the same kid for 6 and 7 and lost 9-4.

HC-podgorski vs. StX-miller was a good match. (semi-consol)

Definitely a good tournament and well-run. Several final matches were fun to watch -- notably Ohlmann/Johnson, Davis/Branch, Reid/Hitchins

just fun regular matches were fun aaron harris over evan bullock then a reversal in 3rd and 4th place match evan bullock over aaron harris

hitchings has the heart of a champion you know he will always give it his all. i would have to say reid is the best ky wrestler this year pound for pound and i am sure hitchings didnt back down a bit.

Simple, I agree with you. I don't have an axe to grind about either wrestler -- don't really know either wrestler. However, I know every wrestler hopes to pin each opponent, Reid didn't pin Hitchings. Yes, Hitchings looked worn out, but he hung with Reid the entire 6 minutes. Last time they met, Hitchings lasted less than a minute.

Simple, I agree with you. I don't have an axe to grind about either wrestler -- don't really know either wrestler. However, I know every wrestler hopes to pin each opponent, Reid didn't pin Hitchings. Yes, Hitchings looked worn out, but he hung with Reid the entire 6 minutes. Last time they met, Hitchings lasted less than a minute.

Personally i think it was the best match of the night

simon kenton

the only people who placed

korey belew- 5th (very underrated wrestler beat caleb lonkard and some kid from trinity)

Steve Norberry- 3rd ( beat gabe supe in the third place match)

Ben Winkler- 3rd ( kinda had a rough day should have gotten first

Ryan Vaughn- 2nd ( lost to trent web)

Tony Turner- 5th

I think the score in the Peace vs. Thomas match was closer, more like 13- 6. I will have to look back and check.  But a loss is a loss whether by 1 point, 10 points, or pin.  John will just work harder to close the gap.

Yes -- looked out of shape, couldn't even win 7th, and cost his team a point by throwing his headgear

Sorry, I was incorrect. Lewis wrestled for fifth after being beaten by Shirey and didn't care enough to beat a guy he had won against earlier in the night. So he ended up sixth.

Coty won his secound match off a 5 point move with 7 seconds left, then wrestled the same kid for 6 and 7 and lost 9-4.

HC-podgorski vs. StX-miller was a good match. (semi-consol)

Coty looked tired after his matches. After a little more conditioning he will probably be on his game! But with more conditioning he may be at a lower weight as well. He is outstanding when he is at his peak!

103 Bradberry (Tri)  over Palmer ( Ryle) pin in 3rd

3rd to Hoskinson ( St.X) 4th to Brown ( Tates Creek) 4-3 in OT

112  Dan Smith ( Tri) over Osbourne ( Ryle) 6-1

119 Zarth ( HC) over Miller ( Woodford)

125 Johnson ( Laf) over Parks ( Woodford)

130 Johnson ( JH) over Ohlman ( Tri)

135 Davis ( East) over Branch ( Fern) 10 - 2

140 Peace ( Ryle) over Thomas ( Cent) 18-6

145 Martorana ( North O) over Bauer ( St.X)  pin

152 Webb (JH) over Vaughn ( SK) pin

160 Picket ( Ryle) over Pitcher ( JH)  5-4

171 Reid ( Ryle) over Hitchens ( Tri) 13-6

189 Houchns ( South O) over Hogben ( Ryle) 11-3

215 Green ( Laf) over Nickel ( Doss) pin in 2nd

Hvy Gray ( Tates Creek) over Whiting ( Tri) pin

Is it really true that John Wolsiefer is out for the season because of grades??? Wow, would that be a shame!

Isn't this Coty Lewis first weigh-in at 130.  I was told that but I am not sure.  It is always suprising to see a wrestler that technical to place so low. 

I heard that he weighed in one other time at 130 but didn't wrestle. It seems like a lot of Woodford's regular wrestlers haven't wrestled a lot of matches this year.

103 Bradberry (Tri)  over Palmer ( Ryle) pin in 3rd

3rd to Hoskinson ( St.X) 4th to Brown ( Tates Creek) 4-3 in OT

112  Dan Smith ( Tri) over Osbourne ( Ryle) 6-1

119 Zarth ( HC) over Miller ( Woodford)

125 Johnson ( Laf) over Parks ( Woodford)

130 Johnson ( JH) over Ohlman ( Tri)

135 Davis ( East) over Branch ( Fern) 10 - 2

140 Peace ( Ryle) over Thomas ( Cent) 18-6

145 Martorana ( North O) over Bauer ( St.X)  pin

152 Webb (JH) over Vaughn ( SK) pin

160 Picket ( Ryle) over Pitcher ( JH)  5-4

171 Reid ( Ryle) over Hitchens ( Tri) 13-6

189 Houchns ( South O) over Hogben ( Ryle) 11-3

215 Green ( Laf) over Nickel ( Doss) pin in 2nd

Hvy Gray ( Tates Creek) over Whiting ( Tri) pin

was gray beating whitting a flock or something cuz no ones talking about it really

yeah lol i spell cheaked it but it didnt say anything about it

You might try spell checking next time, although it wouldn't have helped since flock is a legitimate word but the wrong word for what you were trying to say. Good catch, because I had no idea what you were asking.

Nathan Gray is a really good wrestler, it doesn't surprise me that he won a big time tournament, the talent is there. Sometimes it seems as if his head is not always in it however. If he gets it together he can go really far.

Is there anyone that can post the full results. Such as 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th as well as team scores?

Yes, you're right. And some of the wrestle backs were good, too. Ryle, Trinity, John Hardin looked pretty strong. St. X is better than they've been in recent years. Woodford is down -- allowing their guys to weigh in late while they cut, which is what I heard they did, is hurting them, I think.