Sign in to follow this  
out side sweep

most surprising wrestler

Not like, he IS Santa Claus.  I know for a fact because we had a big fight when he parked his sleigh on my lawn last summer and Rudolph left a mess on the sidewalk.  I was really mad so I hung with Fuller for the first minute or so, but then he spladled me and I haven't been the same since.

I think one of the most surprising wrestlers this season is one of my boys 145 Judson Pitman. He is a junior and is 21-2 for the season this year. His only losses were Clay Overby 12-9 in the finals of the Caldwell Tournament and Kelly Law, some kid from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. He has really stepped it up.

David Liebrum isn't a great wrestler, but from the first day of practice weiging 198lbs to now only weighing 170lbs he has definitely improved. Now he is a pretty good wrestler and if he keeps improving he might be able to suprise some people at state. He is like a brick wall and he is pretty quick on his feet, but lack of experience might catch him off guard early. I think it will be an exciting thing to watch!   

This is an untrue statement.  Aaron is a good kid, he gets angry at himself at times.  He does not curse at the coaches, (Adam Lindsey would not stand for that).

meadecowrestler get off Aaron's jock ok. Next he is a great wrestler, He is cocky at times but who isn't if you say your not your a lier and I know Aaron doesn't shot off at the mouth because I have know Coach Adam Lindsey for a very very long time and I know he would not stand for any of that, You would be gone. If he and Reid ever wrestle it will be a awesome match between a pair of Kentucky's best wrestlers. 

meadecowrestler get off Aaron's jock ok. Next he is a great wrestler, He is cocky at times but who isn't if you say your not your a lier and I know Aaron doesn't shot off at the mouth because I have know Coach Adam Lindsey for a very very long time and I know he would not stand for any of that, You would be gone. If he and Reid ever wrestle it will be a awesome match between a pair of Kentucky's best wrestlers. 

So Reid would pin him in about 0:25?  I figure if Hitchings was worth 0:50, He'd be about half that.

lol....nice way to put it flyboy or what ever.....yea i am cocky but yea reid would make it a 30 sec. match maybe a min if he was feeling nice....but point is the state champ is a beast ....newsome (from what i seen at the cent. hardin meet) is cocky  but hey im cocky so what ever!!!lol peace out

Just want to clarify a few things.  The Hitchings/Newsome match was 10-6.  Aaron was down by 2 with a few seconds left and gave up another 2 trying a desperation move.  It was one of the better matches that day.  Also I would like to say that for the most part Aaron is a good kid but just like all teenagers has done a couple of stupid things but has also paid the consequences for them.  He is a supprise in that nobody knew of him before the year but if we are talking about a supprise in the sense of most improved then no he is not.

morlatt is surprising me this year, not at how well he is wrestling but how poor he is. he's a state runner up and a very good wrestler but he isn't really showing it early on in the season. does anyone know if he maybe has an injury, or if he's sick?

morlatt is surprising me this year, not at how well he is wrestling but how poor he is. he's a state runner up and a very good wrestler but he isn't really showing it early on in the season. does anyone know if he maybe has an injury, or if he's sick?

he's a state runner up,  but he did have a dang easy bracket at state last year.

he's a state runner up,  but he did have a dang easy bracket at state last year.

Morlatt had a horribly easy state bracket.  If you look it over, he would have done worse to take 1st in his region.

While his road to the finals was easier than most, Mills, Ohlman, and Slone is still no cake walk and a fine accomplishment

Mills isn't and will never be in the same league as those guys.  Ohlmann was passed around that year by Morlatt, Zeppa, Vaughn (i think), and a few others.  Slone was a good win.

Why dog Morlatt? He wrestled his tail off at state that's all that matters. He beat the guys he was put against you cannot dog him for winning and for that matter how the bracket was set up.

Why dog Morlatt? He wrestled his tail off at state that's all that matters. He beat the guys he was put against you cannot dog him for winning and for that matter how the bracket was set up.

Dog, aint dogging him, just pointing out what I think.  besides if we all agreed, then we'd just sit around and listen to stories from the old people.

Mills isn't and will never be in the same league as those guys.  Ohlmann was passed around that year by Morlatt, Zeppa, Vaughn (i think), and a few others.  Slone was a good win.

And actually now that you mention that Mills beating Ohlman pretty handily at JCTC before he got stuck, I'd say he can hang with these guys

And actually now that you mention that Mills beating Ohlman pretty handily at JCTC before he got stuck, I'd say he can hang with these guys

Mills definately is up there. He just has some things to work on but he was giving it to Grant at JCTC.

Still got stuck.

If Mills could get healthy, I think everything else could fall in line for him.  Top 6 is not a stretch for a healthy Mills. 

If Mills could get healthy, I think everything else could fall in line for him.  Top 6 is not a stretch for a healthy Mills. 

Exactly. PRP has just had a rough time with health this season. Should be back to full strength around state.

Exactly. PRP has just had a rough time with health this season. Should be back to full strength around state.

And don;t get me wrong, i don't think Mills is a crap wrestler, or that PRP sucks in any way.  I just don't see Mills being a top 8.