Sign in to follow this  
out side sweep

most surprising wrestler

I cant believe all the negative talk about dc evans. I thought he looked about untouchable last year at the state tournament. I mean come on he wrestled with Travis Sullivan. THat kid is as tough as nails.

Cant wait to see who surprises everyone at state. There is always one unknown that comes out of the wood works.

HE really has stepped up...Last year he was usually one mistake a match from going to the next level. He should have a good year. If he keeps improving may place his senior year. 130 is definately not the hardest spot in region I, but not a cakewalk with Skinner and Ervin.

Aaron Newsome 171 pounder for John Hardin

How is he a surprize :?

He has improved so much or he is a good wrestler that transfered into KY  :roll:

From what I've read he is a very talented wrestlers that transfered in and landed on John roster :wink:

Next we will hear how Coach Smith or Joe B was a great influence on his wrestling technique :-D

Everyone gets a good transfer every now and then, this kid has made the John line-up pretty solid.

I hope he continues to have sucess. :wink:

scotty hogan is good but he was seeded first the easiest rout to the finals but he lost in the first round but dont get me wrong he is goog

Aaron Newsome, 171 JH, what a wonderful suprise, not expected. But what I think is the suprise, is he has been so successful at this weight class. He's beat some top class wrestlers. With suprising, a few along the way up the rankings. A major anchor in John's up weight class's.

Aaron Newsome, 171 JH, what a wonderful suprise, not expected. But what I think is the suprise, is he has been so successful at this weight class. He's beat some top class wrestlers. With suprising, a few along the way up the rankings. A major anchor in John's up weight class's.

I would agree :-D

Frogman is right, Newsome is a surprise to KY because he is new but shouldnt be a surprise because he has had past experience and talent. The thing I said about scotty hogan was a joke, i just said it because his coach talks about him all the time... no way a first seed should lose in the first round

have you seen the guy in person...he is soo freakin arrogent and cocky, if he dont pinn you then he throws a hissy fit right in front of everyone, cusses you out and the coaches if he feels like it.the guy just doesnt have a good attitude. and i agree reid would dominate him honestly i think he would have a horrible time with matt neal...that is a beast of a dude right there :wink:

have you seen the guy in person...he is soo freakin arrogent and cocky, if he dont pinn you then he throws a hissy fit right in front of everyone, cusses you out and the coaches if he feels like it.the guy just doesnt have a good attitude. and i agree reid would dominate him honestly i think he would have a horrible time with matt neal...that is a beast of a dude right there :wink:

This is an untrue statement.  Aaron is a good kid, he gets angry at himself at times.  He does not curse at the coaches, (Adam Lindsey would not stand for that).

His coach talks about him all the time. He is a surprise this year. he has made tremendous strides. He just got caught by a stronger kid with less ability as he was shooting in for a fireman

I never placed. The best I did was 3-2. What's that have to do with Doogans cousin? Who has he beat that is ranked up there? Bryce is surprising me. But after last years match with Parks I don't think there is as much of a surprise. I don't think Dee will run away with regions either. Isaac Thomas gave him a good match at the takedown tourny.

Takedown tournaments are not that accurate on the outcome of an actual match. Someone good on their feet, may not be able to wrestle on the mat. Just curious whenever you talk about a wrestler not being that good, or critisizing someone, just wondered how good of a wrestler you were.

Bradbury bumped up I heard. If a full strength Dee at 114 wrestled Bradbury at 105 lbs, I think Dee beats him hands down. Nine pounds is quite a jump in wrestling. I was ranked fifth my senior year and wrestled a football boy ranked about 6th at a weight class five pounds heavier. it was a tight match, but he won. When you give up 9 pounds at the lower levels of weight that is a big jump.

I saw Newsome wrestle and i don't think he is anything that special i think he will get destroyed by reid, Hitchings and BRownfield

[/q          WOW!!! I did not know Campbell Co. wrestled John Yet! U must be like Santa Clause. Flying all over the state, watching all the wrestlers, knowing if they have been shooting or stalling all night. Oh!! let me pinch my self I'm Santa's Elf NOT!!