Sign in to follow this  
ubtappin

Middle School Preseason Rankings

Here they are, they will also be posted on www.kyswa.org

I've based 99% of the rankings on last years state results and 1% from what I observed at the Bluegrass State Games.  I bumped everyone up 1 weight class from last year.  I know that many kids will be in different weight classes than I have listed but remember this is just a VERY early pre-season rankings.  Also, almost all the kids at state last year in the upper weight brackets were 8th graders.  So, that's why you see all the empty spots in the upper weights.  After we're into the season a couple of weeks I'll be able to fill those in.

The best way to keep this list as accurate as possible is for coaches and parents to make a good effort at getting the results from tournaments and duals posted during the season.  Post them here or send them to www.kyswa.org

Kentucky State Wrestling Association

Middle School Rankings

8-8-07

SCHOOL TEAMS                     

1. Larue Co.                         

2. Johnson Co.                       

3. Cambell Co.                       

4. Bourbon Co.                     

5. Gray Middle                       

CLUB TEAMS

1.Union

2.Trinity

3.YKC

4.Conner

5.Fern Creek

70 Pound Weight Class

1. Logan Erdman (RYLE)

2. Andrew Ackley (BNCC)

3. Derek Wiley (CON)

4. Ben Nelson (FERN)

5. Jordan Hodge (CACO)

6. Antilla Komjathy (RYLE)

75 Pound Weight Class

1. Garth Yenter (CACO)

2. Brock Ervin (UNI)

3. Chad Lampe (FERN)

4. Spencer Hines (LARU)

5. Geordon Blanton (JOC) 

6. Sean Fausz (CACO)

82 Pound Weight Class

1. Logan Wedding (UNI)

2. Grant Palmer (GRAY)

3. Matt Fahy (YKC)

4. Johnny Neiman (GRAY)

5. Chad Gafer (UNI)

6. Clayton Brown (TWEN)

89 Pound Weight Class

1. John Fahy (YKC)

2. Scottie Whitaker (BOUR)

3. Caleb Canter (LARU)

4. Logan Jones (CON)

5. Wade Willen (UHA)

6. Vince Lewis (MCCR)

96 Pound Weight Class

1. Nick Paden (LARU)

2. Lane Jones (CON)

3. Wade Holsclaw (NOX)

4. Kyle Byerly (TRIN)

5. Taylor Vickers (OCK)

103 Pound Weight Class

1. Brent Hitchings (TRI)

2. John Stout (BOUR)

3. Kevin Cooper (TWEN)

4. Luke Troxell (MCCR)

5. Shane White (WOCO) 

6. Dalton Hasselbring (WAYN)

110 Pound Weight Class

1. Alex Murphy (BGRA)

2. Austin Dickens (CROS)

3. Travis Statmiller (CACO)

4. Zack Wolfe (SUMV)

5. Eric Watts (BOUR)

117 Pound Weight Class

1. JJ Jude (JOCO)

2. Shawn Hull (LARU)

3. Austin Ratley (UNI)

124 Pound Weight Class

131 Pound Weight Class

140 Pound Weight Class

150 Pound Weight Class

165 Pound Weight Class

1. Bernard Ray (LARU)

185 Pound Weight Class

1. Drew Newberry (LARU)

230 Pound Weight Class

1. Cody Hollan (PECC)

Great rankings for such an early time but troxell being ranke 4th at 103 isnt very accurate he has beat all three guys in front of him convincingly he did lose to cooper at bsg but hadnt ate all day because he was cutting for junior olympics

96 and 103 look loaded.  do you think that some of the 96's will bump up to 103 and some of the 103 will bump up to 110.

If so, this will make these 3 weight classes very tough.  this would make for some interesting quarter and semi finial matches.

Twenhofel has a good 150lb. class wrestler coming up to its program. He may wrestle 140 if he can lose a few more lbs. before the season. He will make a good addition to their program. He is fun to watch, very intense and smart. He finished 3rd in the CYW city tourney and 4th in Ky. state tourney this past year. He would have finished 2nd but a small mistake turned into a learning experience. He will probably be all academic also. He will be a 6th grader this year. He may not place anywhere this year but he will be fun to watch and will be good for the sport. I wouldn't rule him out though.  His name is Andrew Hendricks. Some of you may know him or seen him wrestle. He is fun to watch!

How old is Drew Newberry?  What grade is he in? Seems he has been in middle school awhile.

I think he has been around a while, but he cracked Larue's starting lineup pretty young - i believe 6th grade??  I'm pretty sure he was a 7th grader last year.  Just a big strong kid for his age!!

Drew started wrestling as a 2nd grader. he and my brother have been best friends since kindergarden, and both are 8th graders this year.

I see some of the kids in the lower weights are heavier than listed here. Anyone else care to put their predictions or rankings on here?

troxell is at wayne co., not mccreary, and he should definately be higher than that considering hes like 4th in hs rankings at 103.

I haven't seen much of these kids, but I would put him above Stout.  But probably only #3.

I haven't seen much of these kids, but I would put him above Stout.  But probably only #3.

well hes been at quite a few preseason meets: bgsg and some scrimages at laffayette. but i dunnno much about any of the 103s above him

Troxell is tough, out of the 3 kids ahead of him, all are capable of beating him on a good day.  This is a solid weight class.  Hitchings is straight up better than him.  Brent is without a doubt #1 in that weight class.  However, I think Brent may end up lighter than 103 unless he grows.  Cooper will most likely be at 110 or above according to him.  Stout is a very solid wrestler, and would most likely give Luke a very good match.

Stout was very impressive at Elkhorn Middle School yesterday. He looked real well when he had White from Woodford counting lights. White looked realy good also.

Troxell has improved very steadily from working with sullivan, and b daniels. I watched him on 2 different occasions over the summer tech fall john stout at lafayette.  Personnal opinion Troxell is the hands down #1 in the 103 division.

Is Troxell definitely going to be at 103?  BTW, some of the kids in the rankings at 103 are at different weights now.  Stout 110, White 110 etc...    Much of that will be straightened out in the new rankings next week.

Yeah Troxell will definitely be at 103.  This thursday is the first time he allowed to be there and wayne co. is wrestling in at stone memorial in tenn. that night. then they will see ryle, john hardin, and a couple more teams at the cardinal duals this weekend.

Troxell has improved very steadily from working with sullivan, and b daniels. I watched him on 2 different occasions over the summer tech fall john stout at lafayette.  Personnal opinion Troxell is the hands down #1 in the 103 division.

i agree