Sign in to follow this  
charger

Young Coaches in KY

On 2/27/2017 at 4:37 PM, Leonidas said:

As far as young coaches go I would have to say Josh and Dan Muncy at Sheldon Clark, and Eric Burrell at LaRue. Pretty sure Josh is the only head coach of the 3, but all of those guys seem to be doing pretty good at their schools.. 

Love your choices.  Eric Burrell is the head coach at LaRue.  

The guy talking smack who has stood highest on the ladder always laughs loudest and these guys are so low on the ladder they cant even see me.let alone hear and.know why im laughing.

I actually meant no harm with my poke but thats ok I have respect for woodford and anyone who coaches for the most part but I think people should do all they can for their kids even if it bruises their egos.

Ashbrook has the potential to add the missing parts to creating the kids to reach the highest levels he will simply have to cultivate the parents and.kids willing to pay their dues and.have faith in.himself and his knowledge .

• Upvote 2

If you only saw what we do for and with these kids, then you could speak, but you have no idea. 

It's a thing called "passion"

Not cockiness.

Stop trying to bash everyone, all the time. 

You run people away from this site when it should be something positive and fun. Give it up already. 

• Upvote 1

OK I accept your defeat and everyone should respect everyone.elses hard work .I have always enjoyed the enthusiasm of Woodfords team and.crowd Even.understood a mom.from there cussing me.for.no.reason "god bless her"just loving her kid .THE COACHES AND TEAM.AT WOODFORD ARE  A credit to the state. 

• Downvote 2

Much better.  Just weathering the storm actually. 

The feedback about McCoy, Ashbrook, The Muncy's is all great and I agree Eric Burrell is doing great also. Another one is Don Graven (Cov. Scott). That's what the whole intention was.

And I think you've forgotten I was along side helping Joe Carr and Joe Carr Jr from 2009-2014..So I've been working with these kids for a long time. I even helped in 2007 and 2008 because my brother was on the team still. 

I want to hear more about the great coaches we have in our State..

And I forgot to mention Steve Kaiser.

• Upvote 4

Im confused still though what is a young coach ? Ashbrook yes Kaiser ?hasnt he been a coach a while ?Roth is older.than.dirt ?

• Upvote 1

Great Topic.

I love the older than dirt comment. That is great!!!  My daughter tells me i'm half dead all the time. lol! But I'm not that old. Been involved in coaching at all levels for 15 plus years. However this is my 3rd season as HC with WV. But most of all the kids that have come through our HS program have come up with me through the MS Level.

GOO,,, I think you have a few mud clots on me though. :) 

A lot of great coaches out there. Charger hit the nail on the head, ITS ALL PASSION. I agree.

No one I know of coaches for the money. Its always about building a solid competitive team. Helping kids reach their potential and getting them to really believe in themselves. 

If you happen to grab a few stats along the way, so be it...My main goal has always been to touch these kids life and making them better people for our society. 

• Upvote 8

I would say that you guys at WV have the right combination.  

An old fart to point the direction 

a middle aged veteran to push the team in that direction

A young stud to interact directly with the team. 

Thats a good combo for sure.,Having parents who understand what it takes and.will give a coach who will go.the extra miles is important to having a top team wrestling is a sport unlike others it takes more work outside the room and even at the dinner table and.to be one of.the best its a yr round effort from.coaches and.everyone involved .

• Upvote 1

We have a lot of great examples of hard working coaches in KY. Their basic principals are Hard work, dedication from the staff, discipline and CARE ABOUT THE KIDS. Coach Teater, Coach McCoy, Coach Green, and many others are great templates to run your program after. I hope that young coaches find careers that allow them to give back, because these YOUTH need wrestling more than ever.  

Suprised no one has mentioned coach Knable yet. Though not the head coach at X, he is a young guy who has built  up great wrestlers like the lampes and runs Invicta to help Louisville and Southern Indiana wrestling. Great motivated guy and inspiration and role model to the kids, any age.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Achilles said:

Thats a good combo for sure.,Having parents who understand what it takes and.will give a coach who will go.the extra miles is important to having a top team wrestling is a sport unlike others it takes more work outside the room and even at the dinner table and.to be one of.the best its a yr round effort from.coaches and.everyone involved .

How many practice rooms have you been banned from in how many states? I lost count.

• Upvote 2

Knable is the best!!! All around total package. Class act , love for the Kids and Christ!!! Has been an inspiration to me on more than one occasion ! St X is blessed

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, CradleKY said:

How many practice rooms have you been banned from in how many states? I lost count.

Your obviously an idiot I have NEVER been banned from.a practice room.EVER and.to prove your not just some piece of trash why dont you name.1 and tell me.who.bannes me moron.

Now on the other hand I.have been.given the keys to the castle of.numerous teams asked to.come and.bring the noise .Funny the ky people believe the ohio gossip lol the fact is from.st eds to Elder my sons.could.have wrestled and..would have been.welcomed and.were asked to come..Wyoming seminary Blair and.on and.on.and ignorant people like you think.I was banned.from.rooms because your too dumb to understand the sport .

And wth does your quote of my post have to do with your ignorant stateMent .I had coaches from Moeller and.multi x ncaa champs who coached my kids call me.every single day to.check on my kids and make.sure we were doing our thing some.dumb hick like you wouldnt even uderstand what it is we did to prepare and the kid I raised and.trained from.6 knows more than.you and.every coach within 100.miles of you .

Your a moron

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, NO-OX 1 said:

Knable is the best!!! All around total package. Class act , love for the Kids and Christ!!! Has been an inspiration to me on more than one occasion ! St X is blessed

Amen 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Geeze here we go again. IMG_0752.GIF

Not trying to quote you no-ox, it won't disappear from message. 

Same thing happens to me sometimes.

As they say, your only as good as who you surround yourself with. I appreciate the kind words from each of you all. I'm a big fan of the youth movement in coaching around the state. I think its great to see so many former college wrestlers coaching around the state.  I know from Campbellsville and Lindsey Wilson alone I bet we have 20-30 young guys coaching at various locations across the state.  At Harrison County I have had to privilege to work with Coach Luke Tucker and "together" we have made strides in developing HC wrestling into one of the states up and coming programs.  It takes a village to be successful, we have yet to have our first full cycle of youth and middle school wrestlers, so our results aren't anywhere near the expectations we have set for our team.  In our first four years we have had:

46 State Qualifiers

8 State placements

3 consecutive Top 5 State Dual Placements (2nd, 4th, 5th)

As coaches we don't do it for the money or for the glory, we do it for the kids.  We give them the opportunities and the platform to be successful its up to them to seize the moment.   We can not do it for them, that's why this sport is so special, it takes a certain amount of intrinsic motivation, grit, toughness, dedication, sacrifice, and a little bit of craziness to be successful at this sport.  Kudos to any kid who can make it through a lifetime of competing in the most demanding sport known to man, I for one know that wrestling in college was one of the toughest things I've ever done.  I'm a better man because of the sacrifices and lessons I learned from the sport, I hope the student athletes we come into contact with can take the intangibles away from the sport and become men of good character. 

• Upvote 2

Coaches off the top of my head:

Taylor County: Milton, Ellard, Abbott

Union: Jarvis Elam,

John Hardin: Josh Johnson, Andrew Hairston

Seneca: Daphilo Success

Christian Co: Dee Leavell

Trinity: Big Mike Clark, Chip Condon: not sure if they are still coaching

J-town: Mike Clark

Woodford: Miller, Parks

Harrison County: myself, Cole Sherman from Union has been helping us.

Cov Scott: Graven

Sheldon Clark: Muncy Brothers, I think Matt Slone still helps some. 

St. X: Knable

Johnson Central: Zane Burt

Newport: Forgot their names

SK: Kevin Cooper

WV: Moore, Roth