Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Mason Smith commits to wrestle for

Coach Kevin Ward at Army West Point!!!

Very proud of the hard work Mason has put in and excited for the opportunities ahead. Still a ton of untapped potential that a D1 room will bring out of him. 

Yes this is great news!

Mason has put the time in to make this goal of his come to a reality. As his coach since the 4th grade, it has been an awesome experience to watch him grow and progress not only as a wrestler but as a young man. I wish him nothing but the best. Mason isn't one to sit around and wait for things to happen, he will work hard and do great things at the next level, and for me personally, I'm looking forward to the next chapters of his life.

The Bearcats Wrestling family here at Walton-Verona, along with the entire coaching staff, are very proud of you! Great job Kid!

Coach Roth

Congratulations Mason!

This is terrific news.  Hard work and sacrifice always yields positive results.  Service to our great nation will bring you tremendous opportunity and success.     Congratulations to your parents, coaches, and teammates whom have helped you achieve this distinct honor.  

Awesome news for an incredible young man and wonderful family.  Congrats Mason, the hard work is paying off.  Congrats Dutch, you and the wife have done an awesome job raising a fine young man.

Congratulations Mason, and beyond wrestling welcome to the United States Army Officer's Corp.  D1 Wrestling and a career in a fine institution.  Have your Dad keep me in the loop towards your junior year on branch and assignment.  If I still know the powers to be, I will do what I can to assist.

JW

Congrats Mason!  Now try to enjoy your senior season.  Congrats Brandon, I know you've put in a lot of hours to form him into the great young man he is today.  

Mason Smith.jpg

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words about Mason.  I also wanted to thank all the coaches that have worked with him since these days.....

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.19.02 AM.png

Coach Roth sent me that picture last night.  I remember Mason would go crazy if he couldn't find that darn Under Armour Shirt.

I am very proud of Mason making the commitment to serve his country.  Go Army!!! Beat Navy!!!

On 11/1/2016 at 8:20 PM, Ranger123 said:

Coach Kevin Ward at Army West Point!!!

Very proud of the hard work Mason has put in and excited for the opportunities ahead. Still a ton of untapped potential that a D1 room will bring out of him. 

Congrats two KY kids committing to Army..

Ranger any hints on what schools are showing Ryan intrest ?

Congratulations and best of luck. Mason is a great young man a fierce competitor and a humble and respectful young man and a great example of the best this country has to offer. It gives us hope for our future with our youth of today the very same can be said and goes to Casey Cornett very proud of them for serving our great County. 

13 hours ago, tja said:

Congrats two KY kids committing to Army..

Ranger any hints on what schools are showing Ryan intrest ?

No real hints at this point. We are doing some early visits to the schools at the top of the list, but not expecting a final decision any time soon. Ironman results will have a big impact on the options on the final list. 

Mason knows what he wants and West Point is the perfect fit for his goals. So no brainer to make this early decision. 

Congratulations Mason!! I've had the privilege of not only coaching you but to have you mentor Cole all these years. You are the true example of a role model and he looks up to you like a brother. Equally Dutch and Stacy are incredible people and deserve praise for not only raising a great young man but always there for others. True Family!!! But Brandon, he's still a sissy!!!!

Congratulations Mason and family!!!  I'm so glad to see your hard work and efforts paying off.  You'll continue to do great things.  

Coach Eschan