Once again it is going to be a great tournament, with some Kentucky kids potentially bringing home the trophy. The following people were seeded in the top four at this stacked tournament:

106:

2. Wheeler (St. X)

113:

3. Kraezsig (St. X)

120:

1. S. Ervin (Union)

4. Cook (St. X)

132:

2. Sheffer (Union)

3. Duncan (Trinity)

*1 seed is the top ranked wrestler in the country at 132 in Chad Red from New Palestine (IN)

138:

2. M. Ervin (Union)

145:

4. C. Oxford (Union)

152:

1. J. Oxford (Union)

3. Barton (Trinity)

160:

1. Heidorf (Trinity)

170:

1. Buckman (Union)

190:

1. Frankrone (Trinity)

2. Allgeier (St. X)

3. Cole Sherman (Union)

220:

3. Connor Sherman (Union)

The Indiana wrestling gods are sounding a lot like the Ohio wrestling gods....can't let those tractor driving, hill jack KY boys win in our state.  They only have 98 schools that wrestle and we have over 1000.  Bahahahahahaha

• Downvote 1

Last time I got into a heated argument with an Indiana wrestler concerning the state of Kentucky was when my practice partner at a wrestling camp started calling John Lampe (who was at the same camp) "garbage" who "would get destroyed in Indiana," he stopped responding to me after I pointed out that Lampe had placed at national tournaments while he hadn't.

At the same time one of my closest friends and mentors in the wrestling community was an Indiana wrestler who had wrestled for IU under Blubaugh. He had the same philosophy I do that you judge a team or a wrestler by their skill and success, not their state. I have a mantra I like to tell my wrestlers "You are not wrestling a state, you are not wrestling a ranking, you are not wrestling a singlet, you are wrestling the person in front of you."

I would like to see that match, the place had to quiet as church or crazy loud at that upset, congrats to the Ky Kids on a great showing, do you know if any of the championship matches are available on video to watch?

Don't think any mats had track cast cameras.  The Lee match was crazy!  Would have liked to have seen the blood time clock because Joe went to the garbage can at least 6 times, maybe more.  Tied 3-3 after lee was down 3-1.  New Pal kid got horrible stalling call against him when working a 2 on 1 and moving lee towards edge of mat....to tie match at 3 with virtually no time left!  Lee is a lot of fun to watch, but definitely a home cooking call.

Saul Ervin had a great finals match vs Mader Dei kid.  Tough to wrestle against MD and that crazy crowd.

Heidorf was winning his finals match by 2 with less than a minute left and got caught and pinned vs kid from Franklin Regional.

Duncan wrestled Red to a decision after red pinned previous 3 in less than a minute each.  He looked ok vs #1 in nation. 

16 hours ago, firemans34 said:

Don't think any mats had track cast cameras.  The Lee match was crazy!  Would have liked to have seen the blood time clock because Joe went to the garbage can at least 6 times, maybe more.  Tied 3-3 after lee was down 3-1.  New Pal kid got horrible stalling call against him when working a 2 on 1 and moving lee towards edge of mat....to tie match at 3 with virtually no time left!  Lee is a lot of fun to watch, but definitely a home cooking call.

The kid that beat Lee was Jared Timberman from New Palestine. Didn't look up how he finished last year, but definitely a very good wrestler. Was impressed with him at MD last year. 

New Pal is very tough. 

Interesting that they did not win their own event. Speaks to the depth of the team, probably a monster of a dual team. I saw that Frankrone is getting some national recognition. IM has him #15 (as of 12/24).  

He has been ranked as high as 9th on Flo if I'm not mistaken maybe even a little higher. They took him off the rankings after the loss at ironman which to me is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tja said:

He has been ranked as high as 9th on Flo if I'm not mistaken maybe even a little higher. They took him off the rankings after the loss at ironman which to me is ridiculous.

Which is why I don't give much creedence to rankings in any high school sport. In this case though, how does making the semis in Ironman drop one down in the rankings? He lost in semis, then medical FF to 6th place. I saw his qtrs match. He looked tough. I love what the Flo guys are doing. When they first began covering Ironman I gave one of them a $20 and said thanks for the effort. Ran into Zeb (if I recall correctly) at Clash a few years later. He remembered me from IM. Had to give him another $20! However, I think in the case of Frankrone's ranking they are off. Perhaps they looked at placement and not the med FF part? 

Willie picked Tyler to make the finals in his pre Ironman article and had him ranked 9th .Tyler loses in the semi's to a tough top 20 Jack Harris by 1 point and they drop him to me that is just comical. I understand him possibly being dropped out of the top ten but out of the rankings all together makes no sense.