Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - DECEMBER 21

Ok, enough delays. Hopefully we will be able to really dig into a ton of results over the "break" and fine tune some things but I think we are pretty close. 

A quick note. The Raider Rumble had a 1 lb allowance and as a general rule I have assumed any kid who used the extra weight was likely not dropping a weight class from there. So you will notice a couple weight adjustments there. 

Also thanks to Coach Wagers for helping me out with the attachment (to follow). 

152 might be even more stacked than 132 or 138. Dylan Gray is a monster and only 10th at 152. But there's nobody really that you could bump down below him. 

Thanks for the love to my Doss Dragons  :D

26 minutes ago, WristControl said:

where did Clayton Hanson (126) wrestle last year?  I know I remember the name but he's new to St X correct??

Did not compete due to injury last year. Transferred from North Hardin. 

Odeh Eqal from Tates creek will be wrestling 145.

Also Tates creek will have Cubaka Mutayongwa at 160, he was a state qualifier 2 yrs ago, but didn't wrestle last year. He will likely make some noise. 

Landon Young is also out from Lafayette.  He won't be wrestling this year. 

Also wouldn't be suprised to see Kellon Williams from Harrison County at 195. He weighted 196 this weekend. 

5 hours ago, coachteater said:

Odeh Eqal from Tates creek will be wrestling 145.

Also Tates creek will have Cubaka Mutayongwa at 160, he was a state qualifier 2 yrs ago, but didn't wrestle last year. He will likely make some noise. 

Landon Young is also out from Lafayette.  He won't be wrestling this year. 

Also wouldn't be suprised to see Kellon Williams from Harrison County at 195. He weighted 196 this weekend. 

Just missed getting those updates in coach. 

As for Landon I have confirmation that he will be on the mat this year. He is recovering well and actually preparing to play in the upcoming Army All Star game in Texas. 

I personally talked to Landon's dad and was told originally the surgery he had Friday would have had him out 4 months but now it looks like 3-4 weeks, giving him just enough time to compete on the mat.  He said that the goal is to wrestle this year and that he only weighs 295 or so.

From the outside looking in, Landon seems like a great kid with too many irons in the fire. He is probably best known locally for football, but from what I heard, his 1st love is track and field. (Ranked nationally I believe.) Landon, don't rush anything. Take care of you and your future. Every sport will end, make sure you take care of what matters most....YOU.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Glad to hear, I was going what I had seen him post. I knew the surgery went well and happy to hear. Awesome kid and it was great getting to coach him. 

• Upvote 1

Region 6

Trevor frietch just wrestled brendan pye and was a great 7-6 match

Brossart looked impressive with a convincing win in the finals at nkac

Seth lutes looked extremely solid 

Caggiano from ryle looked good but wels did what he does in the finals

Such a great weight castellano looks outstanding 

Spahr and erdman that will be fun to watch when spahr is healthu again

Kidwell is a great wrestler

Cornett is unchallenged 

Rumor has it meiman is done not sure what the story is

Grazianni is a monster

Huth is a good wrestler but seems small fir 220 

The big boys look like they are having fun

Why does 106, 113 and 138 and others not have 25 kids ranked?  I'm sure there are some good kids deserving of these spots.  Just seems odd and sends message that you don't matter if your not top 15 or whatever or no one cares about this weight class.  Why have 25 spots?

1 hour ago, Dustoff said:

Why does 106, 113 and 138 and others not have 25 kids ranked?  I'm sure there are some good kids deserving of these spots.  Just seems odd and sends message that you don't matter if your not top 15 or whatever or no one cares about this weight class.  Why have 25 spots?

I depends on how much information they are given by their sources.  There may not be 25 kids that they can compare in those weights.  The list will get longer as the season progresses.  I think there will be some shake ups in the next rankings that come out and you will see new kids showing up in them. 

Exactly. Usually after the events like WCI we get enough info on kids to fill out the rankings. Has nothing to do with who matters and everything to do with results. If you won some matches at state last year you are at a minimum on the radar. If you went 0-2 at region you are not. And just because I only have 18 kids ranked doesn't mean I'm just going to randomly select a few names to fill the holes. Looking for some good wins to earn those spots. 

106 will have some rankings shaken up, but nothing like 113. 113 at the WCI was chalked full of talent. Tylan Tucker is definitely the favorite and a rock solid #1, but the rest of the field is up for grabs. Haverstick had a great tournament as well as Deck. Mattox dropped 3 matches. Should be interesting.