Sign in to follow this  
Keepyourheadup

Here we go

wouldn't the 2 pt takedown only tied it and sent it to OT? In a match that close and a call that razor thin Id rather it just go to to OT and let first takedown decide it. I know that's not the fair way or rules based in any way just my gut reaction as a spectator when I see one of those calls that could go either way.

wouldn't the 2 pt takedown only tied it and sent it to OT? In a match that close and a call that razor thin Id rather it just go to to OT and let first takedown decide it. I know that's not the fair way or rules based in any way just my gut reaction as a spectator when I see one of those calls that could go either way.

No it was a one point win, takedown decided the match

Exactly like my example although when it happened to me the score was 1-0 not 3-2

Brandon leak from north Hardin is on fire beats Derek miller first round and then beat Bryan Sparh in the second round 10-5...

Leak looked good today

I don't know about giving it and taking it away. What I can say is I didn't have a dog in the fight, it happened literally right in front of me and I think time ran out. The consensus around me was the same. It was a very tough call and I don't think you can blame the ref either way.

Just realized that quarterfinals and semi finals are on day 2. When it was back in Frankfort didn't they have only the semis the morning of the final day?

If memory serves me right it was semis and consolation semis in the morning, placing matches in the afternoon, and finals in the late afternoon

the scoreboard operator cost male the match. It was his call that td wasn't in time

From where we were sitting, it looked like the ref was waving off the td as the buzzer hit, then he signaled 2 after the buzzer.

From where we were sitting, it looked like the ref was waving off the td as the buzzer hit, then he signaled 2 after the buzzer.

takedown was in time. Scoreboard operator said he messed up and started clock late. So they went by his "count" and he said it wasn't in time

Well since standing granby brought up about bindner getting a penalty point and failed to find out why so it sounds alot worse than it was i will elaborate, He was challenged by the wrestlerettes to do a little dance they always do,he learned that it is not allowed (the hard way).So no he didn't flip off the ref or throw his head gear or anything close to that ,he did a terrible dance celebration,that was so bad they should have taken away 2 pts

So if the scoreboard operator started the clock late how is that the kids fault? When the ref called 2 there was 1 sec on the clock. No way they should leave that in the scoreboard operators hands. The ref should go by whats on the clock at the time.

Well actually it is always in clock operators hands. Read rule book. Clock operator has final say so on time....not the referee.

So if the scoreboard operator started the clock late how is that the kids fault? When the ref called 2 there was 1 sec on the clock. No way they should leave that in the scoreboard operators hands. The ref should go by whats on the clock at the time.

That goes both ways. How is the kid who gave up the takedown at fault?? Why should he be penalized and the kid who got the takedown awarded be rewarded for extra time that shouldn't have happened??

Well actually it is always in clock operators hands. Read rule book. Clock operator has final say so on time....not the referee.

yeah final say on whether clock expired or not.

Well since standing granby brought up about bindner getting a penalty point and failed to find out why so it sounds alot worse than it was i will elaborate, He was challenged by the wrestlerettes to do a little dance they always do,he learned that it is not allowed (the hard way).So no he didn't flip off the ref or throw his head gear or anything close to that ,he did a terrible dance celebration,that was so bad they should have taken away 2 pts

Ok I had actually heard later he used his hand like a pistol and pointed it at his opponent after the win pretending to shoot. Which would be incredibly classy since there is actually a kid in our KY wrestling community who was recently shot but since I didn't see it myself I didn't say that. But you cleared that up by sayin it was a taunting call for dancing. Not sure if that motion was part of his premeditated dance for winning the 2nd round or not.

Lol,so you really think he was celebrating a 2nd round match that hard.And you are going to compare that to an actual shooting,lol please.It was stupid i agree but maybe if pro athletes didn't give these kids dumb ideas they wouldn't do some of the things theydo,for example Aaron Rogers always pretending to pull 2 guns out of a holster and shoot them after scoring a touchdown.I don't see anyone camparing that to actual shootings

Find it in the rule book where it says if the clock operator starts the clock late that they can over rule a called td with time on the clock. If thats in the rule book kudos for getting it right.

Find it in the rule book where it says if the clock operator starts the clock late that they can over rule a called td with time on the clock. If thats in the rule book kudos for getting it right.

The clock operator isn't overruling the takedown, he's only letting the ref know whether time had expired or not.  If the clock operator said the clock expired (or should have expired if there was an error) the match is over.  You can't score a takedown (or any points) once the match ends.  You see this all the time...if there is a question as to whether a score occurred before time expires, the ref always consults the clock operator before awarding (or disallowing) the points.

Sign in to follow this