Sign in to follow this  
JMI1406

Middle Schhol State

With the Middle School State tourney soon upon us let's talk about some of the potential match ups you would like to see. There are some really exciting young wrestlers in Middle school and the future of Kentucky wrestling looks very promising.

I am by no means thinking any of these matches are guaranteed, just some that I would like to see.

70-Grandstaff v Moore

80- Escelera v Anyone Just because this kid is a stud and so much fun to watch wrestle!!!

86- Brown v Mattingly

98- Wheeler v Deck

105- Insko v Yost

121- Brown v Ervin

Absolutely gameface. I was very impressed with the top level (finalists) talent across the board last yr for KY MS, but the depth from 86 to 105 is amazing this yr. And so many of these kids are still relatively young.

And year in year out I always say we see some of the best pure wrestling at 70 and this year we have a full bracket of tough tough kids. No easy matches there.

Escelera Vs Grandstaff at 80. Hold on to your seats, this WILL be a great match. An early match up to watch will be Sebert Woodland Vs Wheeler EO at 98. This should be a quarter-final.

Escelera Vs Grandstaff at 80. Hold on to your seats, this WILL be a great match. An early match up to watch will be Sebert Woodland Vs Wheeler EO at 98. This should be a quarter-final.

No doubt Seibert has been very impressive.  I watched him start to make his move around mid January last year.  He's been on fire since.  Very long kid with lightning quick speed.

Last year I think Seibert was a little overwhelmed at state. I think this year he will make some noise. The kid has been getting HS matches as well. He has a good little motor and is going to be a difficult out for anyone. I am also looking forward to Insko Vs Yost again. They had a great match at Woodford earlier this season, but both are great wrestlers. I know that Brown at 120 has been on top of his game all year. Question is, who has a shot at MOW?

[quote name="BadMadDad" post="114065" timestamp=

Escelera Vs Grandstaff at 80. Hold on to your seats, this WILL be a great match. An early match up to watch will be Sebert Woodland Vs Wheeler EO at 98. This should be a quarter-final.

I like Sebert he is a good kid. If he wrestles his match he could surprise some people against Wheeler. The 86, 92, and 98 bracket has favorites but there is kids in all of them that have the capability to have a good day of wrestling and take the bracket.

Escelera Vs Grandstaff at 80. Hold on to your seats, this WILL be a great match. An early match up to watch will be Sebert Woodland Vs Wheeler EO at 98. This should be a quarter-final.

That's assuming a lot. There's a whole lot of wrestling that will have to take place before that match can happen. It's no cake walk into the finals and if either wrestlers believes otherwise they will soon find themselves on the other end of the bracket.

• Upvote 1

You should go to a weekly band competition. It's 12-15 every weekend.

That money pays for officials, facility, awards, and those fancy finals singlets.

I would say for a state tournament it's not to bad. Wait until you walk up to the horse park this year. I bet you say "that 12 bucks wasn't to bad"

I also forgot some of the money goes to pay ranger for his time.

Good luck to your team or wrestler this year. Should be a great state tournament as usual.

Our books are open to all of the coaches. Any coach who wants to share that information can show you that even charging $12 we barely break even on the event and some years we lose money. Getting a nice facility and running a quality tournament is not cheap.