Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2014/15 - JANUARY 12

Well the district tournaments are this weekend, so here is an update heading into the post season.  Results seem to have been sparse on the middle school front this season, so I expect a lot of weight changes and "upsets" this weekend, so I hope to post an update later next week once we see where everyone settles and we see the hidden gems show up.

WR Rankings 2014_15 Middle School JAN 12.pdf

152 is going to be a tough class in region 4. Johnson Co 168 is there to. Johnson Co will also have a few kids make noise that no ones talking about.

You guys do realize that unless there are results that are shared we can't just randomly rank a kid. Now you can use that as motivation or get mad about it or whatever. But facts are facts. If we don't see any matches around the state, kids aren't going to get ranked. Does that mean we don't think they will be successful? Not at all. Just that we don't have any information to rank them on. And no someone posting online that they are good doesn't count as valid information.

Ok? Sorry thought you might look into it when I mentioned it earlier. But hey who am I? You got this.

Tell me where to look. Results on track? Published in a newspaper? Believe it or not I'm not at every meet to see all these kids wrestle.

I believe Unipeck is referring to his performance at Cardinal Duals. That's when he originally posted about his 190. It is on track, and based on some rankings, it doesn't appear those results were considered. Lots of match ups between ranked kids. Each head to head match is posted on there under dual meets.

Obviously there's no way anyone can sort through everything, but the kids will do it for you from this point on. I'm excited to see a few kids bust the rankings. That's what makes it fun!

If a wrestler is a victim of the lack of data on him, who cares if he's not ranked? If he is tough and you know it, he will prove it come districts/regionals/state. I'm defending Ranger here. He does the best he can with limited resources. I'm just thankful that he volunteers a massive amount of time just so the common folk can get an idea of who the better wrestlers are in the state. Some of those on the list truly deserve to be there. Others might not. He goes with what info he has, and I'm grateful that he gives us an idea of who's who.

If kids not ranked and he thinks he should be he can use that for big time motivation. On Ranger I don't know if some of you realize all he does. Ranger is great for our sport and improving it in KY!!! I for one am glad he does everything that he does do for the kids and the sport. It will be a sad day if he ever decides to stop!!

agreed ranger and dutch has done a great deal for this sport. they offer up tons of opportunities for kids that want to get better in the off season to do so. I know he won't quit until my kids is long and graduated because his is younger than mine. keep up the good work you two. it's much appreciated by most. 

Look I am on here trying to shine that light on this kid. That's all this was about. Then when he was left off the list, I said that I would use that as bulletin board material.

I do appreciate your work.

But every other Joe Schmo on here, calls for that one beat this one, or why is he on here above him...come on? You single me out for trying to bring attention to this kid?

Not singling you out; you are just the latest in a long line. Give us Wins losses. Don't tell us that he is good and stop at that. Won't get ranked based on someone posting that he is good.

My real concern was for the seeding process. I really do like want you do and for the love of it and nothing more, and hard time from some of us for the thanks.

Here are the results from the Cardinal duals.12/13/14

Tucker Shelton fall :50

Cedric Dixon fall 1:00

Sorry this was taken so badly.

After today, I'm sure that the rankings will change. As the results pour in, the picture will become more clear. Big shout out to Woodford County, Coach Yost, Coach Lewis, and their staff on a very efficient ran tournament. Can't wait to see all of the results. 121 for sure! Brown, M. Ervin, and Lawrence. Wow!!

Don't forget about Bardstown's Keldon Tilley at 121 District 2 champion today, one vote away from the MOW. 190 Andrew Chambers brings another championship for Bardstown. First two district champions in program history. Very proud of those two.

Wow based on district results, the 92lb class looks to be incredibly tough.  Everyone ranked 1-10 could end up winning the title, even though Carter is very dominate in post season.  Good luck ranking this weight class!

Wow based on district results, the 92lb class looks to be incredibly tough.  Everyone ranked 1-10 could end up winning the title, even though Carter is very dominate in post season.  Good luck ranking this weight class!

92 does look really tough. From what I understand Carter has only lost one time to an instate wrestler this year, Brenden Pye. Carter evened the score Saturday at the district tourney.

Pye is a tough kid with a big heart, but Carter has another gear during post season.  Last year at state Higdon looked unbeatable and Carter pinned in in 50 seconds.  Based on what I have seen this is how I would rank this class:

1.  Carter

2.  Gabe Jacobs

3.  Gabe Adams

4.  Ballinger

5.  Pye

6.  Caggiano

7.  Higdon

8.  Miracle

9.  Hudgins

10.  Striene

11.  Mason Wilson

12.  Simon Powell

Gabe Jacobs also has a huge motor and Caggiano is a tough kid.