2.Saint Xavier

3.Woodford County

4.Oldham County

Small School

1.Union County

2.Moore

3.Wayne County

4.Larue

Ft. Campbell is the 2 seed out of their sectional so they shouldn't be seeded top 4.  Yeah, maybe they're the #7, but that should be the highest they get.

Are we assuming that the number 2 from a sectional cannot be seeded? 

They shouldn't be seeded above the number 1 from thier sectional but why shouldn't they be seeded if they are deserving?

GOO that is why seeding meetings take way too long.  It seems cut and dry to me.  Seed the #1's and let everyone else fall into place.  #1 and #2 from same sectional shouldn't see each other till final pools.  Seeding meeting done in 15-30 minutes.

Are you saying you would seed a 2 seed over a 1 from another sectionl , ?????

That's like seeding a regional runner up over a regional champ at state , you just can't do it.

The 1s get their seeds and the 2s get their seed .

And no one hangs out with me , im to eccentric for them I guess lol

I

Could it be argued that a #2 seed from a sectional has a head to head win over a #1 from a different sectional to be seeded ahead of them? Ahh, to play devils advocate. Lol.

Also, just read where some teams have dropped out for tomorrow. That means the replacement teams will be 2 seeds and the the others move up, right?

Seriously, not trying to hate, but I see zero reason to have a room full of coaches arguing over the seeding.  It's pointless and a waste of time, and honestly, it should already be done because it is that cut and dry.  Zero minutes for seeding meeting, instead enjoy breakfast, coaches.  If Ft. Campbell or whoever is really that good, then the cream will rise to the top.

The coaches voted last year and now #2 seeds from a sectional can be seeded at State Duals.  Therefore if a team comes from a really tough sectional (like SK and ST X last year), they can still be seeded above championship teams from weaker sectionals.  

At SuperDuals:

SK defeated Oldham 57-12

Oldham defeated Woodford 36-27

At SKIT:

SK defeated Henry Clay 44-25

I've been told that Oldham defeated Trinity but haven't seen the score for myself.  If that is true, there shouldn't be much discussion, aside from making sure that teams from the same section stay apart.

I am hopeful about enjoying that breakfast CCMS.

Wow you want to seed the state tourney but don't want to seed the state duals.  Hmmm

And yes the cream will always rise to the top.  But what if your not trying for the cream?   Maybe your gaol is to be 3rd or 4th?  Nothing wrong with that goal either.  And if you don't seed then your gaol may be unfairly thwarted.

Seems like the state duals are easy to seed.  As I've mentioned the only reason I don't want the REAL state tourney to be seeded is because it would take way to long.

So they are easy to seed so seed them but NOT the state tournament?????????? .,there is only twelve teams .All 1s and 2s how much seeding could there be ,I get the seeding reasons ,

But team A beating team B six weeks ago doesnt mean a lot particularly if it was close or nearly close , kids shift weights some lose spots others peak it's very chaotic and nearly impossible to say a team of 14 is here as another team of 14 is here , it's not like seeding single wrestlers , there's about 13 more chances of something being different .

Do it like khsaa does just throw em in a hat and draw and get at it lol....... :P  

definitely tougher to seed than some may think even if a team beat someone last week. If they were missing a key wrestler that could be the difference between a 1 or a 2

jmo

I wasn't trying to down FTC or any other school so sorry if it came across that way just doesn't seem very logical to me.  I guess the coaches like to argue since they voted for this, but I do hope you're right Coach G.  I'll throw this out there because I think my point was confirmed.  SK has beat some teams, but lost to CC 57-13 who only beat Oldham by 1 pt.  So, which coach is going to give on this one?  Only the top 3-6 #1's need to be seeded then work it so that any of the #2's would only meet the #1 from their sectional in the final.  It's very simple, took me less than 5 minutes at work today.

I'm done with this topic and will just agree to disagree.  I'm just happy the duals didn't get cancelled, AGAIN!

Seriously, not trying to hate, but I see zero reason to have a room full of coaches arguing over the seeding.  It's pointless and a waste of time, and honestly, it should already be done because it is that cut and dry.  Zero minutes for seeding meeting, instead enjoy breakfast, coaches.  If Ft. Campbell or whoever is really that good, then the cream will rise to the top.

Wow you want to seed the state tourney but don't want to seed the state duals.  Hmmm

And yes the cream will always rise to the top.  But what if your not trying for the cream?   Maybe your gaol is to be 3rd or 4th?  Nothing wrong with that goal either.  And if you don't seed then your gaol may be unfairly thwarted.

Seems like the state duals are easy to seed.  As I've mentioned the only reason I don't want the REAL state tourney to be seeded is because it would take way to long.

I've always hated that saying, yes the cream will rise to the top but if you think about it. Seeding is very important because it can come down to the match ups that you want or do not want until later on in a tournament because sometimes higher seeded teams or individuals can get upset. Seeding is crucial when it comes down to having the best chance to place at state or at state duals, which is why I'm a big fan of seeding the state tournament. GOO to battle the longetivity of doing all of the seeding for the state tournament, you can have a two week window like what they do for Division 1 between the region tournament and the state tournament. That way it gives kids a chance to rest, heal a little bit, and prepare for the state tournament.