Sign in to follow this  
dagger

Will Brock be the first 5 timer in KY

Will Brock be a 5 Timer  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will Brock Win 5 State Titles

I'd say Mpire asked for it and likes to hear it ! No way anybody puts all that on this site other than to rattle cages.

What's the matter dropkick? You still drinking the purple Kool-aid? The greatest thing is watching my little one take down a purple singlet. Mama always told me just wait they will get there just deserts one day. Seems like making a deal with the devil is doing it now.

As for Brock: didn't get to see him wrestle this year. (I had to work the weekend of state). But if he was better than last year it must have been great. He had to go through two tough wrestlers. Fausz and Ruschell.

And everyone of those kids in purple have a brand spanking new state championship rings, so now after all their hard work I'm sure they are enjoying their purple kool- aid

You can keep the hardware, we will keep our honor.

kids will be kids. Of course they will be proud of their state title, they are still to young to understand what price their team/school paid for it.

My kids will also go D1 if they want. It will be a fact. However it will be through hard work in the classroom earning that all more important academic scholarship. Unlike many wrestlers in Ky that I know of, I allowed one of mine to skip a grade instead of holding them back. It may hurt him in sports but will help him greatly in academics. If they want to continue wrestling, which I hope they do. It will help round them out as a person. It will be nice to win a state title, but not tip priority. Even now as young as they are we enjoy watching their matches on DVD and seeing how much fun they are having.

Sorry for the hi-jack of this topic. I'll finish with that last comment.

Brock will become a 5 time state champion. Only injury or illness will keep him from it. As someone said you don't win 3 titles because of your name or luck.

Since we are on the topic I also believe that both of the Meyers will win out. As someone has mentioned on here more times than we like. Facts are facts. They are the real deal, no matter who tries to take credit for their sucess.

stephen myers is better than jacob murton was

This post is about Brock Ervin's chances of winning 5 state titles. The CC fanatics need to give it a break.

I like Brock's chances!

Looks to me like this has become a "No one is better than my sons topic" like every other thread on here. I think we all get it, your sons are extremely good wrestlers. Pretty sure, everyone that has seen them has agreed to that. This is about Brock Ervin and his chance to win 5 titles. Its a pretty cut and dry topic. Either a yes or no will do, unless you would like to give an explanation. Geez, to think I used to enjoy coming on here and reading the positive things going on in Kentucky Wrestling and all the wrestlers that make up the state. So let's all just move on for the greater good of the forums.

CC wrestler , I'm not sure what kids / wrestlers you are reffering to as far as academic scholarships but if you are trying to take another knock at mine you are mistaken honor grades wrestling, are all things the two transfers you so dishonorably enjoy posting about have well covered , they do not need wrestling for a scholarship but I'm sure their grades along with their wrestling will make life easier for their parents in a couple yrs ,I hope for your kids sake they get all the college letters and scholarships in the world as for my own ,I'm rather confused where is Stanford is it close to Columbia and Lehigh or is it close to Virginia Virginia tech , and how far is u penn from N Carolina, is OU nicer than Maryland and is Cornell a better fit than Army Navy or Airforce how about the big Ten haha and these Ind wrestlers Austin has been rolling with seem like down to earth fellows it would be nice to be close to home rather than some far of place like I bet that Stanford school is of course they will probably change schools in college a few times as well but it still won't matter they will always be wearing that ring , my precious

This thread is about Brock. I believe he will be the first 5 timer. And I am so glad that he is the only one that can do it. No matter what anyones credentials are he is the only one that can do it. Good Luck Brock !

Think everyone is rooting for him as for my son better than your son posts I think someone stirred the pot by saying as long as he stays in the lil guy weights ,I for one know the lil guy weights are where the studs are that's why smart people keep their kids there as long as possible the skills and technique used at the more competitive lighter weights make for great wrestlers ,sorry if someone makes remarks about my kids I defend or comment with facts if possible . I would be very proud of Brock if he were mine he was possibly my favorite wrestler at the tournament next to my own very impressive I had never seen him and he added a lot to the tournament . Hope he gets five , sure he does it ,I'm sure kids will try to stop him saw him beat a good kid in the semis that may give him a good go .

This thread is about Brock. I believe he will be the first 5 timer. And I am so glad that he is the only one that can do it. No matter what anyones credentials are he is the only one that can do it. Good Luck Brock !

That is quite a statement. Baring a ruling that ms wrestlers cannot wrestle hs I see more in the future maybe not the near future but eventually. I would also like to point out that knable is still the only 4 timer to run them off in succession ( for those... That's in a row). Good luck Brock! I think if you continue to work hard and have a bit of luck you will succeed.

Handconrol: How many 4 timers do you think there are in KY?

There are officially 4

Robbie Clarkston 1978 (112 lb) 1979 (126) 1980 (138) 1981 (145)

Joe Carr (92) (94) (95) (96)

Isaac Knable (99) (00) (01) (02)

Harrison Courtney (06) (07) (08) (09)

A fifith is unofficial because the state tourney was not sanctioned the first 2 years.

James Earl Hardin. 1964 (154 lb) 65 (165 lb) 66 (165) 67 (165)

Clarkston, and Courtney did thiers in succession.

If you count Hardin then there are 3 that have accomplished this feat.

There are officially 4

A fifith is unofficial because the state tourney was not sanctioned the first 2 years.

GOO you are leaving Fahy off the list. His are in succession as well 09, 10, 11, and 12. Also I don't see anyone stopping ervin in the next 2 years.

There are officially 4

I think James Earl Hardin is actually considered a four timer, at least I think his state championships were mentioned in the KHSAA past results. I could be wrong.

Oops sorry; I did forget Fahy. duh.

I wasn't sure about James Hardin. I know that the state tourney wasn't sanctioned the 1st two years so I wasn't sure.

I believe for historical reasons. All the records of those two years are now considered part of the official records.

Just curious how many of the 4xers were Middle school champs? I know John was a 5x MS champ.

Middle School wrestling did not exist for most of them, it was only around for Courtney and Fahy

GOO you are like a walking timeline for KY wrestling I will be sure to check with you first I was not around for Courtney to old and was not around for clarkston to young, and forgot about Fahey. I eat my words on the four timer comment, thanks for pointing out the errors and keeping me honest.

OK I'll give you a pass on this one handcontrol, but just this one time. :D

I'll admit I do cheat a little. I don't always remember the dates, but I know how to look them up.