Sign in to follow this  
justafan

Great Matches at State

Just being a fan of the sport there were some great matches to watch this weekend. Congrats to all the wrestlers and coaches that made this weekend a great one. Congrats to all the individual state champions and to Campbell Co. What were your favorite matches of the weekend?

Three that stuck out to me - Trae Blackwell (Union Co.) over JJ Killebrew (Chistian Co.) Third time they have met and came down to the wire. Jayce Carr (Union Co.) over Justin Lampe (St. X) - Wow, Lampe had sixteen losses on the season (I think that's right), made the finals, and nearly won a state title. Another great match JJ Jude (JC) over Caleb Canter (Larue Co.) in the semis, back and forth the whole match. Thanks to all the wrestlers for a great show!

Lampe only had three losses this year,two were to Carr and one when he bumped up in a duel.I dont know why he gave those stats he thinks that kind of stuff is funny.

• Upvote 1

I think one of my favorite matches was Franck (Campbell) vs. Speed (Graves) with Franck winning the match with one second left in the 3rd period.

• Upvote 2

I missed the Speed and Franck match but I have to say the 113 match was crazy to watch for me. JJ wrestled the match of his life and seemed like he was gonna pull it off until Trae hits that peterson. I was honestly more excited during that match then I was for the 130 match last year, which was incredible.

Carr Lampe was good Either Myers vs |Jude would be fun they saw his ffotball highlights said he was amazing but still say they will light him up on the matt

Lampe is tough, came to wrestle. But Carr is solid and that inside trip to win it was dirty. Blackwell is very technical, as well as ervin. Yenter is toughest kid in state to takedown. Cooper is mean as heck..myers boys were impressive.. good state tournament overall. Excited for next year

Lampe only had three losses this year,two were to Carr and one when he bumped up in a duel.I dont know why he gave those stats he thinks that kind of stuff is funny.

I believe the other loss was to Tevon Clay- FC at State Duals. I agree, the Carr/Lampe match was exciting.

I think one of my favorite matches was Franck (Campbell) vs. Speed (Graves) with Franck winning the match with one second left in the 3rd period.

Did anyone else see the Graves coach fall out of his chair during the match? I don't know how it happened all I saw was him on his back and the chair falling over.

Did anyone else see the Graves coach fall out of his chair during the match? I don't know how it happened all I saw was him on his back and the chair falling over.

No I did not I was so happy Franck won that is the only thing I saw! I know there were other matches that were great but I can't remember any of them at the moment!

No I did not I was so happy Franck won that is the only thing I saw! I know there were other matches that were great but I can't remember any of them at the moment!

I was so happy as well. Thought it was lost but came back and got those 3 points in 15 seconds.

I saw so many good matches this weekend, the tournament was more competitive than i thought it would be.

106 Whalen (Hen Cl) v Austin (Chr Co)

113 Shirkey (Old Co) v Boone (Oh Co) I and II

160 Jarvis (Cen) v Hull (Lar Co)

170 Jude (John Cen) v Canter (Lar Co)

132 Thomas (PRP) v Agyeman (Fr Co)

132 Lampe (St X) v Carr (Unio)

170 Maupin (Fair) v Canter (Lar Co)

285 Franck (Cam Co) v Speed (Grant)

113 Killebrew (Chr Co) v Blackwell (Unio)

126 Ervin (Unio) v Ruschell (Ryle)

There are too many to list but i thought these were a few that stood out to me that i can remember off the top of my head!!!

113 Blackwell throwing the crunch at just the right time- 126 Brock going from being In a takedown position for most then turning it into a doubleleg for a takedown and 132 what an improvement Justin Lampe made since they wrestled at the holiday tourney at Mater Dei! I would also like to add and mind u I'm not a fan of Campbell county the Myers boys were lots of fun to watch! Definitely what i had expected! Talented young men and i also thought Paul Hamilton had really turned it up! In one season he went from good wrestler to the next level- that's my take on the state tourney anyhow!

• Upvote 1

113 Blackwell throwing the crunch at just the right time- 126 Brock going from being In a takedown position for most then turning it into a doubleleg for a takedown and 132 what an improvement Justin Lampe made since they wrestled at the holiday tourney at Mater Dei! I would also like to add and mind u I'm not a fan of Campbell county the Myers boys were lots of fun to watch! Definitely what i had expected! Talented young men and i also thought Paul Hamilton had really turned it up! In one season he went from good wrestler to the next level- that's my take on the state tourney anyhow!

That whole thing is the truth.

Haha the kid from Graves was throwing up the double ones like he won the match..... There was 30 sec left. I think he was celibrating a little early. Ha

Haha the kid from Graves was throwing up the double ones like he won the match..... There was 30 sec left. I think he was celibrating a little early. Ha

I thought the match could have gone either way. In the first period Franck almost had the take down but they were called out of bounds then all the action happened in the last 30 seconds. It was a great match.

You can watch the match on YouTube.

I thought the match could have gone either way. In the first period Franck almost had the take down but they were called out of bounds then all the action happened in the last 30 seconds. It was a great match.

You can watch the match on YouTube.

Link?