Sign in to follow this  
crevelett

MOW

Hillarious huh , about as hillarious as a ten sec pin and a kids first three matches at state lasting around 90 something seconds , nothing funny about it ,doesn't matter how many matches tournys or transfers its wrestling ,you know whats hillarious fastest pin most pins least time and a massive amount of Team Points ...... Oh and of course a returning state champ who helped his team win a state team title ... My precious .... He's the lord of the rings .... Now that's funny right there.

Yes, HILARIOUS. because you still don't get it. That's why it's so HILARIOUS. What's even more HILARIOUS is you naming off all these accomplishments and awards of your kid, when I couldn't give two polished turds about them. Fahy won MOW and neither of your kids did. Now reply to me about all their quick pins and how flawed the MOW selection was for a hundredth time. Yes sir, your rants on this website are HILARIOUS to me.

OK the MOW voting is over the award given out. We know that some may not agree with who won the MOW.

However in the 4-5 years that this site has been running, I don't think that anyone has complained about who won the MOW.

I agree with you Mpire the MOW was Fahy's to lose going into the tourny, who is to argue that he was not the best at the tourney. All things need to be considered. I have seen many times that a kid who pins his way through the tourney does not get the award. Why because he does not get the chance to show what he can really do. This probably happens more often than not.

What I don't agree with is when a kid makes it to the finals and with one lucky move pins a good wrestler or gets a lead and hags on to win, and then gets the MOW. I agree with you that the best wrestler at the tourney should get the award. However this is the opinon of the coaches and nothing more. There are over 60 coaches who vote. Many don't see everyone who wrestles, they watch the ones they believe have a chance for it prior to the meet.

right or wrong doesn't really matter, much like the College football title game, it's not an exact science but it's what we got, and you can't force coaches to vote for someone.

• Upvote 1

When CC dualed glen este, I was not in attendance and gave up a forfeit at that weight. And I beat Kyle deeter who placed 4th in OH state at the gmvwa. Garth majored stiener and beat Max, anyone who says Ky can't compete with OH is crazy. Our depth may not be like OH but we are definitely able to compete with them in our top 3 at most weight classes

• Upvote 1

When CC dualed glen este, I was not in attendance and gave up a forfeit at that weight. And I beat Kyle deeter who placed 4th in OH state at the gmvwa. Garth majored stiener and beat Max, anyone who says Ky can't compete with OH is crazy. Our depth may not be like OH but we are definitely able to compete with them in our top 3 at most weight classes

Paul, You are a great wrestler and should be proud. But Deeter is ranked 5th in division III. He's nowhere near the top 10 in his weight class in Ohio overall. CC and northern Ky and a few other programs are making great advances. Indeed, some individuals can more than hold their own anywhere with anyone. But there aren't any teams in Kentucky (yet) anywhere near being able to stay with the top Ohio teams.

Take the blinders off fellas. You talk of the smack down CC put on Glen Este. Please follow up with Glen Este's results at the big show. 2011 ZERO points. 2010 ZERO points an exactly NO qualifiers. 2009 43rd place. More to chew on: Fairfield Invite, 2012 CC took 7th (w/out the transfers albeit) and 2011 took 6th. At 2011 state Fairfield took 21st, Centerville 15th, Loveland 46th. These teams along with McCallie and Lorain finished ahead of CC at the Fairfiled Invite. 2011 Sycamore Invite, Ryle 3rd and Cooper 14th. Sycamore took first, Colerain second. At state these teams went well........neither scored a single point. Head to head? Moeller Super Duals. 2010 both St X and Trinity went 1-3 each. X got thumped by Wadsworth 67-12, and Elyria 66-8. Trinity got hammered by Mason 50-13, and Elyria 53-9. At State Wadsworth took 3rd, Elyria 16th, and Mason 17th. The 2011 version at Moeller was about the same as Xgot trounced by Moeller 73-6 and Fairfiled 59-11. Mason skunked Trinity 60-0. At the Charlie Moore (Reading) CCtook 2nd to Reading. Reading competes in the smallest school division (III) and placed 16th. The state's #1 DIII team more than tripled their score. One person on this site called SWOWCA "Tougher than the Kentucky state tournament." Nobody argued. Well, Ryle took 8th and Simon Kenton 13th in 2010. This is a predominantly southwest Ohio tournament. GMVWCA is a decent tournament. CC took 3rd behind state #15 Centerville and state #10 (in Div II no less) Wash Courthouse. Ryle finished behind Wayne (state 56th). Now, the transfers at CC will most definitely make a huge impact in the Ohio tournaments. This is great. We all get better when one gets better. I pull for the entire region. I want Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania to continue to grow. I see the balance of power shifting ever so slightly to the west. Minnesota hosts The Clash. Wisconsin has Cheesehead. These are nationally recognized events and the host states fare well. We grow together as a region, but please take off the blinders.

Grappler I understand where you are coming from but if Mow is opinion on who had the best tournament then opinions were very flawed not many would agree anyone had a better tourny than the champ at 52 and while I like you and your posts don't insult me I doubt a lot of coache missed Stephens matches I think he gets talked about enough that most coaches might have snuck in a peek or two during his matches although it might be easier to say they missed it . It's done over with no need for tall tales .

Tim Reynolds I agree with some of what you say but I saw some CC kids beat some good Oh wrestlers this yr and I saw a SK kid win Swowca in good fashion ,

Had Cc has the team they has at the end o the yr in the beginning they would have had 5 or more kids capable of placing in any div in OH and probably 2 champs Yenter and Stephen I have seen yrs where Moeller could not have beaten that so yeah they would be competitive and could have won a team title in D3 , talk all you want I know a little losing Yenter and Frank and some srs will hurt but they will be competitive in Oh for a while lol Faust a soph And Oh jr high ow last yr a fresh I think they will do all right .

Yenter had a great showing, he would most likely place in OH DI. He beat a few of Ohio's better wrestlers in Windsor and especially Byrd. I firmly believe that CC would have won this event with the transfers. CC may win it next year. BTW, Deeter took 5th (and not in OH, just in GMVWA) losing to Glen Este kid. Is your belief that Ky top 3 vs OH top 3 is a close match up? Or are you stating that Ky top 3 vs GMVWA is a close match up. One is false, the other is true.

Well I did see some classes in ky where the top 3 could hang in OH ,Ervin ,Reushell ,and Faust ,most notably ,Carr and Lampe would both do well ,Jude and Canter would not be far off at least skill wise , Austin eventually will beat everyone in Oh as he did in grade school and Jr High that's a promise , an in shape Stephen could do who knows what wherever he chose and Cooper would place high if not more along with making every kid he wrestled wish they were playing basketball, Eds and Graham are amazing you can't really compare to them but few states could ,and Fahy could do very well at his weight despite my posts and what people may think he could compete with anyone anywhere and is a very smart wrestler and Paul Hamilton you will get your shot at Oh so keep training it's time to step up and lead your Team and get another ring , Not sure if Fairfield was weak probably so in certain classes but just because the favorites lose doesn't mean it's weak it could actually be the opposite it may be tougher and propaganda may be getting kicked in the butt , actually I think it's tough I know some of the kids who upset some of the bigger names they have wrestled a loooooong time they were due big wins ,

Ok Empire, let's not include Eds, Moe, CVCA, and Graham. Let's just talk about regular DII teams in Ohio who are fanatical about wrestling; Claymont, Clyde, Steubenville, Oak Harbor etc. It's just a different level of intensity.

CC is not at that level....yet. Most Ky champs could place Div I in Ohio for sure, if not win it. But team wise? Not even close.

Well all I know is what I have seen and that's a lot over the yrs I like Rouche but how did GE get so involved in this topic it's not that big a deal to beat them .saying cc could not compete is wrong I know what it take to do well in tournaments and it's big Guns and CC had some this yr maybe a better big tourny team than dual or small tourny but given a yr to settle they may be tough next yr as well , now compared to Moeller 10 Stephen Harger Corlill and Hammer all placed and yea I mentioned Stephan first he had the beat record that yr on Moes team (:.CC would have Yenter Stephen Faust Hamilton Austin and possibly Frank placing not sure about hvys and I'd your doubting Austin I think the kid he demolished at state jr high finals last yr is making noise in oh as we speak so they actually would beat Moes team of a couple yrs ago , not much speculation 5 placers over 4 guarantee a better team score ,

There is no arguing this and I know d3 in oh is down and while I'm no d2 expert CC would do well at state minus SPG,

I know OH has massive depth but I see both sides it's probably somewhere in the middle Ky had some studs not the depth and saying cc can't compete is wrong I'm betting SK Union and Cc could all do well in Oh maybe not win but I doubt they do as poorly as some are saying actually look at my comparison and think about it it's based on facts ,

Paulham,

I hope you continue to work hard this offseason so next year at SWOWCA and GMVWA we can have a KY wrestler in the finals of every weight class from 113 to 182 (220 Austin). You proved your tenacity and wil to win late last year and this year. Keep pushing and improving, pack on some muscle and improve your technique DOMINATE next year!!!!!

I hope the kids have more focus than the posters here. It is suppose to be MOW.

Relative to MOW at the KY state tournament, someone posted that by their own rules it was to be for that competition only. Where did you get that? Isn't it an award from the coaches association? I've never seen it and have been in a position to know if a document exist.

I hope the kids have more focus than the posters here. It is suppose to be MOW.

Relative to MOW at the KY state tournament, someone posted that by their own rules it was to be for that competition only. Where did you get that? Isn't it an award from the coaches association? I've never seen it and have been in a position to know if a document exist.

"MOST" of the time MOW's are picked based on their performance at the tournament being held......There are no rules....as we can see by the Kentucky State Championships......Usually MOW's like I have said are picked because of the tournament they have just wrestled....In my opinion it should NOT be a lifetime award or a popularity contest......I have been around a long time and in 98% of the time MOW's are picked based on the tournament just wrestled......Kentucky coaches have the right to pick who they want....They picked John Fahy...Outstanding young man with great accomplishments.......With all the drama this year, I feel the MOW was not given to certain individuals because of this.....Just my OPINION and I am sticking to it !

Certainly everyone has their own opinion. Likely, one would vote for their own DNA. I was asking about someone referencing "rules" of voting at the state championship.

Looking at the facts it would seem obvious that Stephen Myers should have won the award. However, other facts come into play. Those are called the facts of life (yep, ripped it from another thread)

Looking at the facts it would seem obvious that Stephen Myers should have won the award. However, other facts come into play. Those are called the facts of life (yep, ripped it from another thread)

haha good one sir

I thought a coach said they were told to pick 2 on performance in an earlier post. Fahy had 2 pins 2 techs a major Cooper had 4 pins and a big major Stephen had 4 pins and a tech . Had I been judging I would have had Stephen Kevin John and a hard look at a fresh champ and Brock winning a tough class , that's just how I think a lot of coaches would have looked at it . Drama is not a wrestling move and Drama didn't pin 3 kids in 90 something seconds .Drama didn't go out there and beat a sr returning state champ with under20 high School matches to his name and win a state title .funny I never thought of it that way till just now I'm changing my vote Austin should have won ,lol Congrats to Fahy he is as good as any sorry for any drama it's a discussion board debate is inevitable .

Well that's reeeeaaallly funny and since we are going over facts I will tell you what kind of kid Stephen is .Since he won fastest pin most pins in least time and watch the matches he had about a 5 or 6 sec pin then about a 4 sec pin in the quarters.i am sure people felt cheated or whatever with CC winning and taking it out on a kid is much more childish than anything I will ever do or say on a message board keeping him off the Matt was punishment enough now he loses quite a few matches from what would have been a very big win count at the end of his career and that's what these kid live for but as I said it all good he would trade it for the real Fact of Life he scores the most points in the tournament and helped his team win a State title and there is a bunch of Camels who will grow old and be able to show their grand kids a pretty state championship ring and in the backs of their minds they will say Da;: that Stephen was one BA wrestler an we won state together ,

Fact of life Stephen would trade the ow for the rings any day .besides he knows Austin will get one and share it with him .

I will be honest my vote was for Austin. I think what he did at 220 as a freshman is one of the most impressive things that i have seen. Him and Stephen are unbelievable assets not only to CC but to the state as a whole. I not saying that I agree with how they ended up at CC but that also is non of my business. I was glad to see these young men get to wrestle. They only thing that i witnessed the whole weekend from these young men where sportsmanship and respect. I think that is something that we should all give back to these young men. RESPECT they have earned it. I truly wished that both would have had better opponents so that we could see them being tested. No disrespect to their opponents but they where nowhere near the level of these two young men. Good luck to them and their family and congratulations on your achievements.

• Upvote 1

Ok Mpire.....This year is in the past. We get it, you feel your boys were done wrong. John won this year. Now you need to move on and look to the future. MOW 2013. Maybe if your boys wrestle an entire season next year they will get the respect you want them to have. Give it a rest now and let everyone concentrate on nationals!

I don't think respect comes from wrestling a whole yr people like you simply make excuses there was no one in the state tournament that has wrestled in as many matches as Stephen has in his life he has earned respect in more states and in more tournys than any kid you will ever meet or will ever see wrestle at AllTech or anywhere else in Ky 10 matches or 70 wouldn't make a difference if you light up the tournament you deserve what you earn but your right it's over so quit saying ignorant stir the pot comments.

As for Respect it was earned before match num 1 in Ky Austin's first ever HS match was a forfeit .and I think when no one scored on either of them and NO one made it through a match with Stephen all yr that was all the respect a kid could earn .... And of course the fastest two pins I have ever seen at state sent a message as well lol ten seconds not hardly and the quarters pin was the fastest pin anyone in ky has ever seen it was like "keep your cameras movin I'm kinda fast"Fast ... I love Ali ...those grade school cheap quick shots off the whistle are what real wrestlers dream of lke I can hear the kids coach now "go out there and take it to him right off the bat ... That was awesome no one in that arena who saw it will ever forget it glad we made it .

Congrats to everyone it was a great tournament.