Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

2012 State Tournament Ranger Report

Okay, not nearly enough hours in the day for as much discussion as I would like, but more importantly, the basics are done. I have not taken into consideration any injuries or changes in the brackets from the original distribution. Enjoy the read and hope to see many of you this weekend in Lexington. And I really, really hope the atmosphere is just as good at Alltech compared to the Dungeon.

Ranger report 2012 v2.pdf

Ranger - you never cease to amaze me with the knowledge that you have and the passion to keep doing this. It is impressive to say the least. I see that flying under the radar only goes so far when it comes down to the big dance.

Much appreciated.

The coolest thing here, historically, Ranger is 64% correct on his #1 ranked kids over the last 3 years. Another 24% of the champions were actually ranked #2. This means that 88% of all champions were either ranked #1 or #2 over the last 3 years.

That's why he's the man.

• Upvote 1

Probably one of the most surprising matches to me was luke rerick and that Cody Stephens boy from. McCreary central right off the bat. I mean Luke one. But 21 ranked Cody Stephens gave Wrestled with him for three straight rounds

Probably one of the most surprising matches to me was luke rerick and that Cody Stephens boy from. McCreary central right off the bat. I mean Luke won But 21 ranked Cody Stephens Wrestled with him for three straight rounds

Very good job it's great that people know the kids and the sport and do these kinda of things it keeps people interested rubs some the wrong way but if you don't like where your ranked then that actually gives you incentive to do better ......and I told ya so ,.....just kidding no one gives fresh props you actually gave some more than expected thanks .... Great job ,, don't take your critics to seriously all you can do is make intelligent guesses it would be impossible to be perfect .

11 out of 14 first place picks is pretty good! The other State champs were picked to finish 2nd @ 160, 2nd @ 220, and 3rd at HVY. WOW! Some body knows what he is doing.

• Upvote 1

I am close. Between Team KY, Brute Nationals, and TOC we have been hitting the mats pretty hard. Not to mention my day job and family obligations. I have most of the pre-season stuff ready, just need to make a few tweeks.

I want to see this because I have no clue who will be where in some weights , I know who's taking 220 and after and before that I'm lost I see Polly Hamilton and probably Jones at 45 and 52 and 60 being easy picks canter at the next weight Chamberle at 189 or 180 whatever it is , 195 I guess Bryant .220 is going to get completely blown out beyond belief by some sophomore , hvy I wouldn't have a clue.38 I see Carr unless he's 45 then that makes things interesting for sure below Carr will be Ervin below Ervin I do not know I guess the Blackwell kid . With Faust in there somewhere shaking things up a bit.

Match of the year is a no brainer .

Team , I have to think CC has a great shot with SK and union there ready to take it if they falter.

I wonder if Carr actually goes 45 that would be the toughest class , interesting. I am betting Austin goes hvy in the beginning of the year and then drops starting to listen to advice even if it's not the wisest choice a happy wrestler is easier to work with ,

Faust is a big ? Mark where will he go he will be an impact wrestler ,

I'm just guessing and know very little except who's going to win 220 lol

The worst matchup for the 220 from CC is an ultra-athletic stud who has superior conditioning. Someone who can win a few flurries and wear him down. I think he's vulnerable and certainly no lock.

Lol everyone is vulnerable , well , except him he has not been in top condition this year wrestling heavier than he should and out of shape as for ultra athletic he Does ok in that department and as for hit and run tactics against him he overcame those as a sixth grader.If all those seniors this year couldn't wear him down and win a "flurry"not a single one when he was blown up and out of shape I doubt that anyone will win one next year when he's a real 220 or at least closer to being one .

Of course I am having fun with him but on a serious note his defense is superior to most kids his sise an an athletic kid isn't going to break it a more powerful kid might and he will not see one of those in state .

The only flurry anyone is going to see is one of those panicky looking foot stomping let me of my back your breaking my neck flurries .

He pins through ........ The whole year .

I could say the worst matchup for anyone Is an ultra athletic stud with more conditioning who can win flurries and wear someone down , actually Austin has wrestled that exact type of person since he could crawl lmao you just described his brother and Austin's style is perfect for wrestling that type you need a good defense and his is better than good.

if what nkawtg135 says is true, then watch the team kentucky duals where austin gets that inside trip at the end. the kid was probably one of the most athletic kids ive ever seen and could definitly throw in a couple flurries but somehow ausin won?

Austin wrestled smart but duiring a year where he doesn't set out he would have finished a couple more of those shots he didn't and probably scored on a couple of those throwbye slidebye attempts and scored a few more takedowns .

And that fleeing call was bs ,a great match for Austin not only showing his wrestling skills but his total knowledge of wrestling he paused when e had to and presses when he had to and never panicked or got down when he was down , years of wrestling up and wrestling older stronger and more athletic kids has given him a different style and he Is a mat general he is already ahead of everyone psychologically .i cannot remember ever seeing him break and neither can anyone else .

He's fun to watch. The Indiana kid was gassed at the end and ended up giving up 2 on a nice inside trip. As good as he is I doubt he pins through the state tourney. Not that he's not talented, just that it's an extremely difficult thing to do.

His brother pinned and teched everyone he wrestled all year albeit a short year for him but he did it through districts and state .

Good chance someone runs or is wormy .but better chance anyone who is smart or good enough to run that well runs right into another weight class lol I'm sure he goes for the pins shock and awe as I said he is a mat general and he will go for the pins when they are there he has no issues whatsoever about hurting anyone's feeling by showing them the lights .

I'm just having fun and I hope everyone knows Austin wants to do well not only for him but for his school and state if i spent any amount of time with any kids I would talk the same smack "if they actually had a chance of backing up my Bs " I look forward to seeing Faust win a state title he suffers and works very hard and has the skill and talent to get it done . Campbell county will have shots at at least 4 titles next year again but I think it takes a serious amount of work and maybe a little luck to snatch 4 again not to say more is not possible . I honestly think Austin will be the most dominant wrestler in the state here on out the lighter weights are full of different types of talent and Austin is not only strong enough for 220 but he has "flurries " of moves that no kid his sise will hit that he will hit often.

Honestly it will come down to power and i guarantee he is much stronger next year he is already mich stronger than at state and by the time the season starts i expect him to be NORSE GOD SWOLE i have seen kids shoot him and get crushed he has great hips and only a mistake by him will let anyone score on him . Don't be surprised to see his brother wrestle 170 next year not because it's where he needs to or has to go but because he cannot stand losing to Austin and I'm order to hang with him he will have to get bigger . I know that's insane as heck but it's the truth .he could care less about where he should go for college or nationally it's all about beating Austin .

And Austin was gassed to but wrestled smarter .

All hype aside Just saw the wrestling USA final rankings Stephen Myers went from 3rd at 132 to 11 at 152 in the jrs ,Kevin Cooper ended up 13th at 145,and Austin went from 11th at 195 to 5th at 220 highest ranked fresh at 195 to highest ranked fresh at 220.moving up ,

Not sure about everyone else sure there are plenty more KY kids in there as well.

Brock Ervin 5th at 126, Shaun Fauz 29th at 126,both fresh and soph ,Yenter,Chamberlee and Jude honorable mention .With Garths wins this year he should have been top 20 in my opinion easily ranked top 30 .

John Fahy was ranked 13th i believe for Srs .

Jayce Carr 26th at 132.

Interesting to see how the ALL class rankings turn out ,Fahy ,Stephen and Cooper should all have good shots being top 15 as Jrs and SRs anyone outside of top 15 will have it tough Brock should make it as a 5th at 126 not sure if Austin makes the list at 5th at 220 but it would be neat as HE!!

5 kids in the all class rankings would be pretty good i think but i say Yenter should have been in that as well .

He's fun to watch. The Indiana kid was gassed at the end and ended up giving up 2 on a nice inside trip. As good as he is I doubt he pins through the state tourney. Not that he's not talented, just that it's an extremely difficult thing to do.

Good thing that kid was gassed huh ,if that kid would not have gotten that bogus fleeing call it would have been tied ,maybe a good thing it forced a score but it wasnt being gassed that got the takedown if two kids are gassed i think its an equal playing field the kid thought he was getting set up to be thrown and so did all his laughing teammates and BAMMAMMM inside trip courtesy of the toughest jr high wrestling room i have ever seen and the best coach as well .

How much money you got i say Austin can finish everyone next year at 220 in KY pin or tech i have no problem betting anyone lets do it .

I get your undertone bro a win is a win i think indiana has as much roadspace as ky everyone can get in shape hahahha

If he pins everyone before the third i get double hahahahahah

Sharks in the water