Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2011/2012 - December 4

That was last year. Wrestlers develop at different rates. Maybe Wilkerson has made great strides since then.

I imagine Wilkerson has improved.....He is a darn good little wrestler.....I saw Blackwell at Super 32 going against the baddest cat in the land.....he held his own and kept on coming....that boy can "scramble"....plus he has the best in practice partners....He's got Brock !

Rob Dezember is our 106. Trae is at 113.

We wrestled at Castle last weekend in Indiana:

Union 69 Harrison (Evansville) 12

Union 60 Indian Creek 12

Union 50 North Posey 22

Union 65 Tecumseh 12

Finals:

Union 47 Castle 21

Had four undefeated wrestlers: Blackwell @ 113, Carr @ 138, Gahafer @ 145, and Sheffer @ 170

See y'all at Ryle!

If you think getting mad at each other is any reason to not wrestle each other, than you obviously have no idea what an intense room is like!

Guess brothers do not wrestle each other where they are from because its all out the most intense wrestling possible.

So far from perusing the nwca scorebook I have a couple things of note for Region 1. Logan Frank 125 from Daviees is not on the roster, Michael Kennedy 160 from Ohio is on the roster but hasn't wrestled a match yet, Zach Mayton 189 from Daviees is not on the roster, Cory Curtis 145 from Daviees is at 160, Justin Wynne 140 from Paducah is at 145 and lost Keagen Agnew, and there is more minor roster stuff but I have homework to do.

Sorry did not invade it someone started using our name ,

I think Ryle will rise to the very top they have the schedule kids and smart enough people at the wheel to be the best in the state as does. Cc but Ryle has more guns now.

I don't know all the KHSAA rules but I was under the impression that if a student transfers to a new school the student had to sit out a year. I know there had been a big hoopla over that in basketball a few years back. I have no idea if that is correct or not, just what my understanding was. Someone more knowledgable may be able to chime in.

I am quite sure that if the Meyer boys are at Ryle, they will make sure they are abiding 100% by the KHSAA guidelines. Guess we will find out tomorrow night given the Big CC and Ryle showdown.

Thats should be a good matchup CC looks very good and has a solid team ,Faust and Hamilton look very good and they have a 195 or so that looks decent not sure of all the rest but they looked solid and i have not seen Ryle wrestle this year I have seen great teams lose duals then do much better at tournaments like state it, comes down to heavy hitters in big tournys and all around squads in duals ,Faust and Reuschell should be good if they meet it should be the best lighter weight match up so far this year .What weights will they be ?

You do not actually think they could be cleared in a couple days do you ,it will be a few weeks before they can wrestle ,i heard today that Ryle wrestles Graham that would be a lot of fun .

• Upvote 1

Well its been a couple years since I have coached (after being a successful assistant coach and referee for 20 years) I am glad to see the sport has grown through youth participation. Ranger you have done a great job being a fan and strong supporter of the sport. Trust me I know how hard it is to do rankings and accurately gauge competition. One day soon Ill be back on the mat coaching and will be debating all the topics on here soon (probably next year) A couple of insights

#1 I hope this site doesnt become a platform for one family

#2 I have been an advocate for youth wrestling for years, its great to see its finally paying off

#3 Too bad we have to put up with renegades from other states that see KY as lesser competition

I look forward to getting out and seeing some more action this year and looking to coach again next.

good god, please don't turn this thread into another myers argument, and i dont care how you spell it, this is starting to get really annoying, let them wrestle... and someone say something about some other kids! i got one, Lazaro Berenguer from southern looked good this weekend at King of the Bluegrass upsetting Chris Gilkey and Billy Moore.

• Upvote 1

good god, please don't turn this thread into another myers argument, and i dont care how you spell it, this is starting to get really annoying, let them wrestle... and someone say something about some other kids! i got one, Lazaro Berenguer from southern looked good this weekend at King of the Bluegrass upsetting Chris Gilkey and Billy Moore.

Or the grass is green. I wish the best for the Myer brothers... But can we PLEASE focus on the wonderful matches that have gone on so far this season. Like Carr and Ruschell. I wish I could of seen it. Heard it was a great one.