paulham

Hardest weight class this year

If Ranger has it correct then I would have to say hands down. 120.

Brock Ervin -----------2X Champ.

Garth Yenter ---------Returning champ 2X finalist

Clay Brown -----------Returning runner up.

Chase Boone --------Real contender last 2 years.

Is there a better top 4 in any wt. class???

Clay Brown gets hammered here

I would say a weight class that combines any two (or 3) of Cooper, Myers, Hitchings, or Fahy would be interesting

If he's anything like his brother...Clay Brown will hold his own..... things change when a kid gets bigger.....Way too early and a bit bold to say he will get hammered.....You almost sound like someone else on this board...at least he doesn't bash a kid straight up in here. Clay is quite capable of going toe to toe with all 3 mentioned above. I sure as heck hope he proves you totally wrong as I think you are !

Clay, is that you? I will go with 120 for right now. It is wayyyyy too early to be making predictions about who goes what weight. give it a few weeks then and some of the cobwebs will be dusted off on this new season.

• Upvote 1

Clay, is that you? I will go with 120 for right now. It is wayyyyy too early to be making predictions about who goes what weight. give it a few weeks then and some of the cobwebs will be dusted off on this new season.

Nope its not Clay....Just a big fan of the kid as I am of all of them that take up this sport. Clay has all the skills, work ethic and heart to go with anybody out there, plus he is a darn good young man....Should be fun to watch them all this year as it is every year.......To me and the kids whatever weight they are going is the toughest.....In my house rankings are just words.....True rankings happen February 18th after State ! This year will be special....The Horsepark Arena is AWESOME....Best place possible for the best show in town and in the state....State Championship High School Wrestling...nothing in this world better than that !

• Upvote 1

I guess it doesn't take a genius to look at where all the nationally ranked kids are at weight wise and then tell which class will be toughest ,c'mon people its a no Brainer 138,Cooper,Fahy,Carr,and Myers all ranked at that weight ..................uh whats the point of asking ???????

The same ,with tougher kids in a class there's no telling what kids who may not be at the top get a lucky draw and which ones are deserving of higher spots get knocked off early.I would say paul your class is going to be pretty tough if you are 45 but I expect the best state match to be at 32 or 38 with a slight chance of 45 being toughest

38 Fahy, Myers,best match and toughest class....because of them without a doubt Stephen would be a contender at any weight up to hvy and Fahy is a great wrestler technically awesome vs physically incredible .should be great .

I kind of agree with Mat-king. One or two guys don't make a wt. class tough. Look back Harrison Cournetys Jr. and Sr. year. Other than himself the wt class was kind of weak.

Just because a wt class is tough to win doesn't make it the toughest wt class.

What I think everyone is looking for is what wt. class will be a meat grinder from 1st round to last round at the state.

like 130 last year

Agreed. 130 was a fun class to watch last year. No way to tell which class will be deep. Not many have taken the fat test yet.

<p style="margin-left: 40px">I would have to say that 138 will be the toughest.  You are basically combining 135 and 140 of last year.  This will be a very competitive class.</p>