Sign in to follow this  
fireplug

Middle School Wrestlers Moving Up

I hear Austin Seaman a multiple x Ohio jr high state placer may be at Grant ,Ryle,or Boone very soon tough kid with yrs of experience on one of cincys best youth programs the Loveland Tigers ,would be a huge catch for any team particularly Grant cty .tough tough kid wwho has been coached by one of the best youth coaches in cincy Jeff Caniglia.

Lot of talent moving up this year but most are going to fall into tough weight classes to make noise this year with the following exceptions:

Caleb Austin - Christian County - 106

Jake Erdman - Ryle - 106

John Shirkey - Oldham County - 113

Dominic Lampe St. X 138/145 range

Eli Matthews - Campbell County - 165

Tommy Underwood - Hardin County - 185 range

With the right draws others could do well but they would have to get some breaks along the way.

Mr NKY 3x , sounds like you have a connection with Seaman family. Send him the way of Walton Verona. One of the best schoolsmin the state. He would fit in nicely right at 138/145 with us. We have a few good drill partners for young Mr Seaman right in that weight range and one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Share in the good fortune with move ins here. Grant Co got your boys, Ryle had Mark Hall. In all seriousness, it's great to see Kentucky wrestling getting tougher each year.

Lot of talent moving up this year but most are going to fall into tough weight classes to make noise this year with the following exceptions:

Caleb Austin - Christian County - 106

Jake Erdman - Ryle - 106

John Shirkey - Oldham County - 113

Dominic Lampe St. X 138/145 range

Eli Matthews - Campbell County - 165

Tommy Underwood - Hardin County - 185 range

With the right draws others could do well but they would have to get some breaks along the way.

French Golden -Ryle- Undecided weight

Jon Belk -Ryle- 138/145 range

Johnny Meiman -Ryle- 152/160 range

Ryan Woolf-Ryle-160

All placers or State Champions last year. A couple ranked as freshman already.

Mr NKY 3x , sounds like you have a connection with Seaman family. Send him the way of Walton Verona. One of the best schoolsmin the state. He would fit in nicely right at 138/145 with us. We have a few good drill partners for young Mr Seaman right in that weight range and one of the best coaching staffs in the state. Share in the good fortune with move ins here. Grant Co got your boys, Ryle had Mark Hall. In all seriousness, it's great to see Kentucky wrestling getting tougher each year.

Walton would be a good fit for a trasfer, the kids you guys got from Ryle, Cooper, Simon Kenton, Boone County and other places seem to be fitting right in.

Lafayette has a few Middle Schoolers that are looking good.....Landon Young at 220....Angel Vasquez at 113/120 and Justin Torgeson 106/113 .....Landon is a beast and Angel and Justin are rapidly improving.....All 3 can make some noise in Region 7 this season....Good kids too...and they are hungry !

Lafayette has a few Middle Schoolers that are looking good.....Landon Young at 220....Angel Vasquez at 113/120 and Justin Torgeson 106/113 .....Landon is a beast and Angel and Justin are rapidly improving.....All 3 can make some noise in Region 7 this season....Good kids too...and they are hungry !

I forgot to say...Torgeson is only in 7th grade......Young and Vasquez are just in 8th grade......Young is a monster of the football field as well.....a man amongst boys !

Walton would be a good fit for a trasfer, the kids you guys got from Ryle, Cooper, Simon Kenton, Boone County and other places seem to be fitting right in.

Enlighten me what kids we have at WV from Ryle and Boone Co , " and other places" We have two kids on the wrestling team that live outside the school district. One has been there since 8th grade for three years now and the other since his Frosh year. Neither is from Ryle, Boone Co or other places

Enlighten me what kids we have at WV from Ryle and Boone Co , " and other places" We have two kids on the wrestling team that live outside the school district. One has been there since 8th grade for three years now and the other since his Frosh year. Neither is from Ryle, Boone Co or other places

Just yanking your chain... I know all the Walton kids came up in your youth program, and their families have lived in WV for generations ;)

Parents move kids for a lot of reasons. Walton has a great reputation academically in addition to having a good coaching staff and a supportive administration. But to answer your question, last year Drew Shoerer was from Boone. I belive he is back there this year. In addition, about a half dozen Ryle distric kids competed for WV middle school. Of those, I have heard Martin will continue on there at High School next year.

Parents move kids for a lot of reasons. Walton has a great reputation academically in addition to having a good coaching staff and a supportive administration. But to answer your question, last year Drew Shoerer was from Boone. I belive he is back there this year. In addition, about a half dozen Ryle distric kids competed for WV middle school. Of those, I have heard Martin will continue on there at High School next year.

Raider, please enlighten me on the HALF DOZEN kids that are wrestling for WV Middle School that are Ryle District kids. And I'm talking about kids that DO NOT attend any Walton Schools, but wrestle for WV and still live in Ryle District.

There is only one kid on Walton's club, that actually goes to Gray, but he is a new kid that is from another state that just moved here. He has never wrestled, but his mom works with one of the assistant coaches, and the parents just felt more confortable to have their child around this coach, just because they don't know anyone in this area. Besides this one kid, please help me find these other boys, because I sure could use some more wrestlers.

OK I am not talking about middle school. I cant say anything about the middle school program, I am talking strictly about high school. Yes Dru Schroer went here last year but is enrolled at Boone this year. To answer your question 'coffeesgood" Walton Verona is an independant school and is open to out of district kids if the grade level they are in has room for out of district kids. That have to pay tuition as well as provide their own transportation and maintain a B average, so I am quite sure the KHSAA is well aware and allows this kind of thing

dang Turk they only got 1 SK boy and that is even questionable. Since he like his bro went to several places. Including CC

Haha, I think you mean only 1 State Finalist!!! I was just messing around didn't mean to get people all fired up, WV is doing a great job and I'm glad to see it!

Hey Turk,

You of anybody should know that kids go where the talent is. Especially in middle school when it is a club. A kid gets better if he works with tough kids each day at practice. Correct me if i'm wrong but I recall a couple of kids leaving Scott to join Simon Kenton in the early 90's. Do you remember? The point is that you go where you have the best chance to get better.

• Upvote 1

Hey Dutch,

Your right, and when someone's right I'm the first to admit it. The only reason a kid would go from one school to another is because of wrestling, and how they could get better at that school. I can't think of one other single reason for someone to move or transfer. Well said!!!