Sign in to follow this  
dscicle

STATE DUALS!

Very true Oldie:

But whoever is in the pool with Ryle and the seeded team (either Larue, Trinity, JC, or UC) will have a long day ahead of them. 

Thats a tough pool to come out of.  It would be a shame if Ryle pools Trinity or UC in their pool. 

I am sure all the other teams feel the same about being in the same pools with union or trinity and that it would be a shame. My bigger question is if that match to determ the seed was that important, why did ryle wrestle the jv kids? Surely they knew that was going to be the match for the 1 seed at state duals....

Ryle goes to a large Ohio tournament that weekend.  There has been deate a few years now about trying to change the date.  Simon Kenton also went to this tournament and sent their JV to the conferance

If they seed the second teer then they should get the weakest 1 seed.

With Ryle not even being the top seed out of its region, why do you think it should be a No. 1 at State Duals?

St. X and Trinity can't both be #1 seeds.  Lafayette or Woodford have to be one of the #1 seeds.  None of it really matters.  The top 4 teams will be seeded...possibly a 5th and the rest of the teams will be drawn in and kept on opposite sides of the bracket.  Trinity, Union, LaRue, and Johnson Central will most likely be the #1's in that order. 

Let me throw this out for consideration.  According to the state dual guidelines the coaches have developed over the past few years (yep, all written down and sent out to each coach attending each year) the seeds are based on records and head to head competition.  What does this mean?  Union has a loss, to Trinity, LaRue and Johnson Central have no losses.  So based on the criteria for seeding, the number one seed will most likely be Trinity since they have a win over a top team, the second and third seeds will be LaRue and Johnson Central and who cares in what order as 2 and 3 gains no advantage and if they win their pools they meet in semis, and the 4th seed is Union.  So, most likely, Union and Trinity meet in semis if they win their pools.

The real fun will be after the top four teams are seeded and "The Pill Bottle" comes out.  That is when the rest of the teams are placed in pools.  Since Ryle and St. X are #2's out of their regions, they are going into a pool with either, LaRue, Johnson Centrl and Union and Ryle could go with Trinity.

Just like the individual state touranment, so much will be decided upon the luck of the draw!

Big Coach, you have the Trinity vs. Union result wrong.  Union beat Trinity by 3 @ the Harrison duals in December.

Big Coach, why are you assuming that Trinity could not be the #2 or #3 seed?  A loss to the #1 seed would not prohibit Trinity being #2.  The only head to head is Trinity vs. Union.  The last head to head between Trinity and Larue or Johnson Central was at the state tournament last year.  Trinity finished 100 pts ahead of Larue and Johnson Central.  I say Union #1, Trinity #2, Larue #3, and Johnson Central #4.

Guest cmccoy

The brackets will be drawn in the morning. Wrestling is scheduled to begin at 9:30 with finals starting at 7:30.

Big Coach, why are you assuming that Trinity could not be the #2 or #3 seed?  A loss to the #1 seed would not prohibit Trinity being #2.  The only head to head is Trinity vs. Union.  The last head to head between Trinity and Larue or Johnson Central was at the state tournament last year.  Trinity finished 100 pts ahead of Larue and Johnson Central.  I say Union #1, Trinity #2, Larue #3, and Johnson Central #4.

LaRue and Johnson Central, I believe, are both undefeated in duals whereas Trinity is not (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Overall record is one of the seeding criteria. Based on that, LaRue and Johnson Central should be seeded above Trinity.

And it shouldn't matter what happened last season. It's about what you've done this season. The individual state tournament should have no bearing on seeding for the duals.