Sign in to follow this  
mat-king

toughest weight class

Toughest to win or toughest to place?

Toughest to win has to be 152 with Caleb Ervin there.  Toughest to place takes too much effort to sit and analyze everyone.

toughest to win in my mine will be 125,152,171...those have a clean cut wrestler in my mind who should win it. It will be hard for anyone else to beat them, but that's why we wrestle the matches.

103,130,215 from what I have seen all have two or more who have a legit shot at the title, so they are the toughest in that way

Really? Fahy,ervin,and jude.  From what I have seen and talking with many other coaches these guys are on the next level for their weight classes. Its gonna be hard for someone to knock them off,not saying it can't happen.

i think ray jude would be a good match but isnt ray 189.

ervin and fahy are almost untouchable and brock is barely behind them.

jude is a beast but he got pinned last year so he has shown that he can be beat.  even though i dont think it is going to happen. i see 112 as the deepest after brock, 2nd thru 8th will be a dog fight.

I would say clear cut favorites

103 Yenter

112 B. Ervin

119 Ruschell

125 Fahy

135 Cooper

152 C. Ervin

171 Jude

Of these I don't think there is anyone close to beating them.

If Ray goes 171 he will be a serious threat.

If Ray goes 171 he will be a serious threat.

Ray wrestled 171 some last year. I have seen Jude this year and I think Ray would be better off at 189, where the defending champ hasn't wrestled most of the year because of injury.

Why would ray avoid Jude?  Ray is almost as strong and a much better wrestler. At 189 many guys stronger and harder to make it through entire field.  IMO ray beats Jude 8 out of 10 matches.