Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings Pre-Season 2010/2011 - March 16

just a heads up. i ate nothing but candy and cookies (this is no lie) for 5 days straight and still only weigh 159. i plan on being 152 next year

i would like to Know why you have troxell over terry at 135 terry beat him at state so wouldnt that make a differance??

Very simple.  Troxell lost one match all year (to my knowledge), a close one to Terry.  He also had a win over the state champ Palmer.  It is about more than one match.  Terry did beat Troxell, but Terry also lost to Supe and Hitchings.  So based on your logic shouldn't Hitchings be #1?  Oh wait, he lost to Troxell.

Very simple.  Troxell lost one match all year (to my knowledge), a close one to Terry.  He also had a win over the state champ Palmer.  It is about more than one match.  Terry did beat Troxell, but Terry also lost to Supe and Hitchings.  So based on your logic shouldn't Hitchings be #1?  Oh wait, he lost to Troxell.

In the end, you do have a pretty tough job

thanks i was lost

Micah Crutcher at 189 pinned zach mayton early in like 1:15-1:20 at regional duals, then mayton beats crutcher at region tourny when he was vomitting 11-10 in the last 5 seconds thanks to wonderful refs. and zach is ranked 15th while crutcher is ranked 24th? but nice rankings ranger.

It's funny how the comments from wrestlers never change about the rankings (shoulda, coulda, woulda, etc.).  I tell my guys not to worry about the rankings, other than they provide an idea of who to watch out for.  We have a team motto:  unrealized potential = regret.  Just because someone is ranked # this or that doesn't mean they will finish that well.  Just because there is potential doesn't mean it will be realized or accomplished.  When it all comes down to it, it is only what happens on the mat that matters, and beyond that, it is only what happens at state.  Work hard all season, but finish well.  Let Ranger handle the rankings, but do your best to give him something to talk about...

I would aslo add this.

At this time of year.  I'm certain Ranger has all the information he needs from last season.  It is useless to bring up what happened last season.  He already has that info. 

The info he may need is the grades of wrestlers (if he has them incorrect) and what they are doing in the off-season.  And maybe an idea of what they are going to wrestle next year.

You can mention who they beat in summer tourneys, but don't count on it making a big difference in the rankings themselves. 

I'v beat joe rup and he's 5th and Im 18th?

I hate to be rude, but do you actually read anything on this site?  This has been discussed a thousand times.  One match will not win you a state title or even a medal.  Do you recall going 0-2 at state? 

I'v beat joe rup and he's 5th and Im 18th?

It looks like mongomery (UH) beat you and he is ranked 25th below you. Oh and Mcguire beat montgomery and he is ranked 24th below you.  Man maybe you should be 26th and Rupp 27th.  :-o :-o

Geesh :evil: :x

I hate when people say stuff like that lmao.

I'm ranked 8th and I've been beat by the 22 ranked guy and the 24. Haha.

If you think you can beat them next year then do it. Rankings aren't much but I still like them lmao.

I hate when people say stuff like that lmao.

I'm ranked 8th and I've been beat by the 22 ranked guy and the 24. Haha.

If you think you can beat them next year then do it. Rankings aren't much but I still like them lmao.

theyre fun to argue but useless in the long run

Just look at last year's state tournament, espically heavyweight

They only intimidate and the best arent intimidated