• Union
    • Johnson Central
    • Larue
    • Campbell County
    • Wayne
    • John Hardin
    • St. X
    • North Hardin

The biggest let-down to me was the way Myron Bradbury reacted at the end of his final against Mark Hall. Wrestling is a sport of honor and composure. Bradbury forfeited both upon the completion of his high school career. Spiking one's headgear and pointing toward the opposition's fans is no way to celebrate another state title. I expected that young man to show a little more class than he did. His actions reflect on many people and the state of Kentucky. In that moment I was embarrassed.

The biggest let-down to me was the way Myron Bradbury reacted at the end of his final against Mark Hall. Wrestling is a sport of honor and composure. Bradbury forfeited both upon the completion of his high school career. Spiking one's headgear and pointing toward the opposition's fans is no way to celebrate another state title. I expected that young man to show a little more class than he did. His actions reflect on many people and the state of Kentucky. In that moment I was embarrassed.

True BUT when you're getting booed for winning a state championship the emotions probably take over instead of using your head. I've seen Woodford kids do it year after year....but not this year. lol

So it was classy of Ryle's fans to boo him throughout the match?

I agree he shouldn't have thrown his head gear down like he did, but he let his emotions get the best of him and I think it's great to see that type of emotion. Not condoning him throwing his head gear at all, but it was nice to see a kid react like he did.

Emotions do get the better of young kids sometimes and i agree that Myrons reactions were out of line,but what most of us don't know is coach brown did march Myron over to apologize to Hall and ryle coaches and that Ryle supporters were yelling not very nice reactions themselves!Emotions and the pressures of state do get the better of some ,but the fans have no reason either to get involved in it! Hall is a fantastic wrestler and Bradbury as well the fans and the naysayers are what escalated this whole situation! Let the Kids decide it on the mat and not the fans with all of that smack talk!

[so it was classy of Ryle's fans to boo him throughout the match?

Uh excuse me but I was in the heart of the Ryle fans and we did not boo Myron Bradbury.  We cheered for Mark Hall the entire match and booed what were considered bad calls.  I don't remember anyone booing Myron until he got worked up after the match but that wasn't just Ryle that was pretty much everyone but the Trinity crowd. 

Let's face it when your number one, everyone is going to cheer against you.  Trinity won last year and this and people are always going to cheer for the underdog.  Consider the New York Yankees.  At regionals when Cooper beat Palmer everyone cheered for Kevin.  Ryle had half their kids in the finals and the championship wrapped up for the 6 or 7th time in a row.

I thought Jude and Shotwell would both make it to the finals.  They both got caught in a bad positions initiating take downs.  Counter moves seemed to be at an all time high this year.  The wicked toss Ervin supplied to Yenter on a great single leg.

I don't agree with how Myron reacted after winning the 119 title.  But I do realize Myron is still a high school kid and after everything that was said about the whole Hall-Bradbury situation leading up to the title match, he simply  let his emotions get the best of him.  That I can excuse.  However, I think it was absolutely pathetic how he was booed by many in the crowd after he took his position on top of the podium.  Now that was nothing but classless on the part of many fans and parents. 

biggest shocker was mccauley pinning jude

i did expect him to win but not pin

on bradbury he should have handled it a little better.  I do think the kid was under tremedous amount of presure and did not handle the relief as he would have like.  it was a lose lose situation for bradbury.  but there where some others who behaved much worse such as house.

I was there, and I have to say that the "boos" pooring from the rafters were disgusting. How childish is it to jeer a kid? He's just like everybody else, *snip*It's too easy to cheer against the best. I'm disappointed.

BUSTED You hypocrite,you. Embarrassed? I guess it would be different if Myron were from Lexington or at least Region 7.

I'm not condoning Myron's actions but, really, is a kid under that much pressure expected to rationalize that maybe they are just booing the call and not me?

Everyone who began their wrestling career in Kentucky should be thanking Myron. He carried us all on his bony little shoulders ever since the Dragon Invitational.

As Hall moves on to the many championships in his future, I wish him well and much success and hope that Myron will be able to say he was the last person ever to beat Mark Hall.

Now that, those coments are done was anything positive seen :|

B Ervin beating B Payton

Fuas beating N. Payton

Terry beating Troxell

House beating Crow

:wink:

we all knew that ervin was going to smash kill me, the kid is a beast, but i do agree with the fuaz and paden thing and the kyle beating luke troxell that was surprising but ervin beating me, that wasnt surprising at all.

So it was classy of Ryle's fans to boo him throughout the match?

I agree he shouldn't have thrown his head gear down like he did, but he let his emotions get the best of him and I think it's great to see that type of emotion. Not condoning him throwing his head gear at all, but it was nice to see a kid react like he did.

I don't think Ryle was booing Myron.  If you watch the video from ihigh even the commentators acknowledge that the fans didn't like the calls.  In watching the clip it was very obvious.

During his high school career Myron proved that he is a very talented and strong wrestler in the mat, BUT outside the mat, his behavior DOES NOT reflect the best about him and his school. At the Jefferson Championship at Eastern HS, I saw Myron seriously disrespecting other wrestlers and parents while at the parking lot during the false alarm fire we had at that event.

Many other wrestlers from Trinity are friendly and respectful with their other wrestling peers from other teams; Fahy is just an example of that.

That attitude of Myron is responsible for most of the bad reaction he received at the State Championship.

I hope Myron have help to develop a true character. As the young man he is, he deserves to become the best of him, not the worse!

The boos were not for Myron they were for the ref who was making terrible calls. I personally didnt boo when he got on the medal stand because I had no issues with him, my anger was directed towards the ref.

The ref was also at the Region 1 tournament and I know he caused a couple Fort Campbell wrestlers to lose their matches

During his high school career Myron proved that he is a very talented and strong wrestler in the mat, BUT outside the mat, his behavior DOES NOT reflect the best about him and his school. At the Jefferson Championship at Eastern HS, I saw Myron seriously disrespecting other wrestlers and parents while at the parking lot during the false alarm fire we had at that event.

Many other wrestlers from Trinity are friendly and respectful with their other wrestling peers from other teams; Fahy is just an example of that.

That attitude of Myron is responsible for most of the bad reaction he received at the State Championship.

I hope Myron have help to develop a true character. As the young man he is, he deserves to become the best of him, not the worse!

polo, myron will be fine. i have been around him a few times over the years. yes he likes to have fun, but i have never seen him get out of line. he is a good kid and to suggest anything otherwise and to post a comment on his character based upon a one time event during a fire alarm or expression of joy, is riduculously stupid. lets look at this from the correct perspective before judging this kid, he had pressure on him to win from freinds, family, school , and self. going into the week before this match, his matchup with hall was the only gaurenteed head to head with ryle in the finals. you dont think he didnt know that was a huge team points swing for his school to take a title out of the hands of ryle. let alone the massive pressure from his previous matchup with hall. oh yeah, did i mention he was a senior. this kid had more pressure on his shoulders than heart surgeon operating on his own child. so who are you to judge his character. who are you to say he isnt already a good person. hell yeah myron, pump your arms, flex your muscles, throw your headgear in release of emotions. i dont believe too many people in this world are capable of dealing with what you just went through. your character was displayed in those 6 minutes on the mat, not the 5 seconds after. myron for president 2012.

Floridafan.I hope your Myron president won't show the middle finger to his crowd.

I won't say anything else.

Glod bless you all!

Peace

Floridafan.I hope your Myron president won't show the middle finger to his crowd.

I won't say anything else.

Glod bless you all!

Peace

2 things polo. my god tells me not to judge, but since you are obviously a christian i dont need to tell you that and secondly if myron did this i am sure he was just showing the IQ of those who judge.

I watched the finals on the live stream on line from Ihigh.com, thanks KHSAA for arranging the telecast. This was without a doubt the most anticipated match of the night. Lots of storylines beside whos the champ at 119lbs. Issues with out of state kids coming into our state just to wrestle, middle school kids wrestling high school, people on this forum were acting as though the state's reputation was on the line. Myron did seem excited at the end of the match but understandibly so. He made me proud of how he wrestled and composed himself after the match.

I liked the way Myron and Mark shook hands and congratulated each other on a good match, it looked as though they had mutual respect for one another. Myron was also quoted in the Louisville Courier Journal complimenting Mark Hall in a very respectful way.

Congrats to Myron and the Trinity wrestling team!

The biggest surprise to me was see how good Brock Ervin was in his finals match.

I had heard about his accomplisments thru the season but had not seen him wrestle. I expected him to be good, but not that good, very impressed!

I thought he was going to give up a take down early in the match when he stepped over and put the opponent on his back to take control of what up to that point was a close match. He went on to dominate from there, he will be a force for years to come.