Sign in to follow this  
ridge44

fahy in indiana?

do you guys think fahy could win state in indiana? i know that kentucky is not that great of a wrestling state but indiana is, but fahy is putting kentucky on the map, so do you think he can win state in indiana? if so tell why and if not tell why, i want to hear what you guys think.

i dont think fahy could beat hall. if myron is having trouble with this kid i dont see how a 112 even one as good as fahy could take him out.

and to answer the oringinal question i think fahy could win it in indiana but he wouldnt tech everybody like he does here.

i know this is kinda off topic but i heard fahy was going 19 the rest of this year to beat hall, is this true?

All-State

From an earlier post; so you heard that too :|

Re: Dragon Inv.

Fahy won Tulsa nationals and teched his kid in the finals im pretty sure

yea ik some people were mad because some of the kids he was wrestling looked to be about 13-14

i want to see john wrestling cody philips from union county indiana

cody philips i think would give fahy a run for his money but thast just m

I personally dont think he could win state in indiana because

what people from kentucky have to understand is that we have it easy it just regionals and state..

In other states in sectionals semi state and then finally state so yeaa

indiana has conference, sectionals, regionals, semi state, and then state

indianas state bracket os not a 32 man bracket like kentucky its a 16 man

Yea exact;y waaaayyy more stuff then we have......and you have to win at every quallifing event (did i spell that right) :|

yea at all those events you have to place top 4 but youy got to think, fahy is ranked in the nation and hes a very fast and strong wrestler, indiana kids are just scrappy, i think he could win at 112 but not at 103 because of cody philipps, hes ranked 8th in the nation at 103

yea at all those events you have to place top 4 but youy got to think, fahy is ranked in the nation and hes a very fast and strong wrestler, indiana kids are just scrappy, i think he could win at 112 but not at 103 because of cody philipps, hes ranked 8th in the nation at 103

f

No Indiana kids are really good ive had the chance to roll around with a few indiana wrestlers and they are really good on their feet and really excel in freestyle

ridge 44 why would want to see fahy wrestle c phillips-Union co 103.

fahy can't make 103.

Paul Beck -Mishwawka is currently ranked #1 in Indiana at 112.

or

Brandon Nelson-Lawrence north ranked #1 in Indiana at 119.

Fahy is a very good wrestler but this thread is like comparing apples and oranges.

also, where do you get your National rankings, I was just looking at win Mag. rankings?

In closing...There is No "I" in team.

Paul Beck -Mishwawka is currently ranked #1 in Indiana at 112.

or

Brandon Nelson-Lawrence north ranked #1 in Indiana at 119.

Fahy is a very good wrestler but this thread is like comparing apples and oranges.

also, where do you get your National rankings, I was just looking at win Mag. rankings?

In closing...There is No "I" in team.

John Fahy would do just fine in Indiana.  Winning a state title would be tough, but he would without a doubt be a contender.  Speaking of which, I know this thread is about Fahy, but I see Brandon Nelson listed above as #1 at 119 in Indiana.  Didn't Bradbury beat Nelson at sophomore nationals a few years back?

Other then jeffersonville, does

trinity wrestle anyone in indiana

Trinity was at the Harrison 10-way Duals and the Mater Dei  Holiday Classic, both in Evansville.  That's a bunch of Indiana teams they've faced this year besides Jeff. They did pretty well at both.

Fahy didn't wrestle at either event. Or at the Dragon Inv. Seems to me to be more focused on developing himself than contributing to his team. That's my opinion. But I guess wrestling is more of an individual sport than a team sport - except at duals and maybe at state.

Fahy is regarded lately by many as invincable, but I'm not sure he can beat Bradbury to win the 119 spot for THS if he wanted too. Again, my opinion.

But Fahy,Bradbury,Hitchings and Ohlmann have all done/would do well in Indiana. They've already proven that this year by finishing 1st at Mater Dei (except for Fahy).

Just by having sectionals, districts, semistate, etc doesn't necessarily add any difficulty to winning a title.  When you are one of the studs it is just another tournament.  It makes it harder for the average kids to advance to state, but the good kids breeze through most of those qualifiers.

Yeah, and Ervin won Cadet Nationals.  Fahy is very good and would compete for a championship in most states.  The difference, as noted earlier, is that he might have to win 3 or 4 close matches to do it in other states.

The setup in Indiana with Sectional, Regional, Semi State and State also means you may meet the same kid numerous times on the road to state.

If someone close by is a close match you could end up wrestling at each event. Having to beat an equal opponent over and over can be tough.

The setup in Indiana with Sectional, Regional, Semi State and State also means you may meet the same kid numerous times on the road to state.

If someone close by is a close match you could end up wrestling at each event. Having to beat an equal opponent over and over can be tough.

Case in point, in 1993 there was a 103 from Bloomington North by the name of Pat Cassidy.  He was a tough little wrestler.  There was another kid from Vincennes Lincoln who was just about as tough.  Both teams were in the Bloomington regional.  Cassidy beat this kid from Lincoln (can't remember his name) in the finals at regional, then again in the finals at semi-state, then again in the finals at state.  So this kid from Lincoln finishes as regional, semi-state and state runner-up and all 3 times he lost to Cassidy in the finals.

1. Evan Silver, 11, (Blair Academy, NJ)

6. Nick Brascetta, 11, (St. Paris Graham, OH)

Nick beat Evan in the Blair v. St Paris Graham dual this last Saturday.  Just goes to show that just because you are number one in one weight class, doesn't mean you can beat someone ranked lower from a different weight class.  Check this dual out on Flowrestling.  very cool.

1. Evan Silver, 11, (Blair Academy, NJ)

6. Nick Brascetta, 11, (St. Paris Graham, OH)

Nick beat Evan in the Blair v. St Paris Graham dual this last Saturday.  Just goes to show that just because you are number one in one weight class, doesn't mean you can beat someone ranked lower from a different weight class.  Check this dual out on Flowrestling.  very cool.

by the way...those are national rankings...