Sign in to follow this  
CoachBrown

Prayers for Tim McKenney

I've just spoken with Coach Ervin from Union Co. and he wanted to get the word out about Tim McKenney.

Tim passed out while lifting weights last night and CPR was administered, he was taken to a local hospital, and then flown to Nashville.

This is a very serious situation.

Please keep Tim and the McKenney family in your thoughts and prayers.

The Trinity family is behind you all the way.

It is with a very sad heart that I share the news that Tim McKenney from Union Co. has been removed from life support and passed away this evening in Nashville at Vanderbilt's hospital. I've been in touch with Coach Ervin and he has asked that we all keep the McKenney family in our prayers. Tim was a great kid. To all parents out there, give your kids a hug and let them know how much you love them.

Kind of reminds you how trivial wrestling and sports in general is when it comes to the ones you love. I agree with you Richard never let a chance pass without telling your kids how much you love them. We will pray for  the family and offer our sincerest condolences.

Just Wrestle, that's exactly how I felt and what I was thinking when I read the news about Tim's passing.  Having 2 kids of my own, I can't imagine what his parents' are feeling right now.  I can't imagine what the coaching staff at UC is feeling right now either because when you coach these young men and spend as much time with them as coaches often do, they become like your own kids.  My thoughts and prayers are with Tim's family and the entire UC wrestling community.

Dear Keith,

I need to inform you that Timothy died unexpectedly last night at 6:55 PM.

We don't have the autopsy, but we think it was of a ruptured blood vessel in

his brain or something similar.

Thanks for remebering him.

Miya McKenney, Timothy's mother

MORGANFIELD -- Timothy Jennings McKenney, 16, Morganfield, died Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2009, at Vanderbilt University Hospital in Nashville.

He was a student at Union County High School, where he maintained a 4.0 GPA, was a member of HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America), the Spanish Club, FISH Christian Club and Fellowship of Christian Athletes Bible study.

He was a four-year participant in Union County wrestling. He was runner-up State Champ his eighth-grade year, regional champion his 2008-2009 season and placed fifth at 2008-2009 KHSAA High School State Wrestling Championship.

He participated three years in Union County football and was a member of his eighth-grade District Champion Team. In the 2008-2009 season, the team was District Champs, Regional Champs and state semi-finalist.

He was an academic All State Recipient all during his middle school and high school years and was voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in 2007. In seventh grade, he became the first ever Tri-state Grand Recognition Recipient in the Duke University Talent Identification Program for his high ACT score (26 composite) and was able to attend the ceremony at Duke University.

He devotedly attended First Baptist Church in Morganfield as well as many youth activities at First Christian Church in Sturgis. He was active in senior projects such as leaf raking and serving seniors.

He was preceded in death by his father, J. John McKenney, who died in 2007; and his grandfather, Timothy Mink.

Survivors include his mother, Miya McKenney of Morganfield; one sister, Mattie McKenney of Morganfield; his grandparents, Dr. Jerry and Betty McKenney of Sturgis and Rose Mink of Knoxville, Tenn.; three aunts, Jane Hill of Henderson, Mary Faulhaber of Bardstown and Kelly Corbin of Austin, Texas; and one uncle, Jim McKenney of Lexington.

A Celebration of Life service will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at St. Ann Catholic Church Parish Hall in Morganfield. Brother Bill Lindsey and Matt Courtney will officiate. Burial will be in Pythian Ridge Cemetery in Sturgis.

Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Whitsell Funeral Home in Morganfield and from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the parish hall.

Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the Union County YMCA Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 603, Morganfield, KY 42437 to assist with YMCA memberships.

We would like to share our sympathy with the McKenney's for there loss. My son and I both knew Timmy an we will miss him very much. Timmy helped my son Cody this year at wrestling camp there in Union Co. We will keep everyone in our Prayers.

Bob & Cody Reeser

CHHS

Would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to this fine young man and his family,  May God accept his loving spirit into his kingdom.....Frankfort , Ky

I didn't know Tim personally, but everything I have heard about him tells me he was a great kid.  We often think it is a tragedy when a wrestler loses a match because of a missed or bad call or even when an injury shortens someone's season or career.  But it is moments like this, when a tremendous young man has his life end so prematurely that we all must realize how precious this life is and that we need to treasure every moment that we have.  Parents don't get too caught up on the kids' messy room; kids don't think it is the end of the world when your parents don't give you everything you want or have to apply some discipline to a situation.  None of us will be here forever and we never know how long we have.  Enjoy each and every day you have with your family and friends.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with the McKenney family and Tim's teammates.

I didn't know Tim personally, but everything I have heard about him tells me he was a great kid.  We often think it is a tragedy when a wrestler loses a match because of a missed or bad call or even when an injury shortens someone's season or career.  But it is moments like this, when a tremendous young man has his life end so prematurely that we all must realize how precious this life is and that we need to treasure every moment that we have.  Parents don't get too caught up on the kids' messy room; kids don't think it is the end of the world when your parents don't give you everything you want or have to apply some discipline to a situation.  None of us will be here forever and we never know how long we have.  Enjoy each and every day you have with your family and friends.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with the McKenney family and Tim's teammates.

Well said Ranger, God Bless.

yeah tim mckenney was a great wrestler and a good guy. me and dee leavell was at a tourney and louisville and we saw him. i liked seeing him wrestle. my prayers go to his family.

From everybody at woodford, are prayers are with Tims family, we hope they can overcome this horrible loss, and we hope that this tragedy doesnt effect  Union co in a bad way. that they continue to bring there best (as theyusually do) not witha loss of a team mate, but with the encouragment to get what needs to be done, done. I can remember when Micheal Jackson from wof died in a car crash that it seemed the whole state was there at visitation to pay respect, and i remember at tournaments people from other teams would write MJ on a piece of athletic tape and put it on the shoulder strap of there singlet. it was a little act of kindness that showed just how much class wrestlers in the KHSAA have. Maybe a similar thing could be done for tim?