Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

NCAA's!

He's got to go through Palmer in the quarters too. BTW, Palmer's little brother won his 4th title in Ohio 2 weeks ago.

He lost to Palmer in the big 10's, but he's also beaten Palmer last year I remember for sure.  What is the career record between these 2 wrestlers?  Are they 1-1?

2-1 Palmer.  Palmer also beat him at Cliff Keen.  Kyle beat him in the spring at the US open.  Of Kyle's 7 losses, 2 from Palmer, 3 from Metcalfe.  The other was Caldwell who also hit the spladle on him, lost 8-4. 

Good Luck Kyle,  see you there.

Metcalf is classless...  Bad losser, pushing Caldwell like that.  Caldwell took it to his A$$!!!!  He had a great plan going into the match.  I thought that he might get tired and stall in the later part of the match, but he never quit!!!!!  He is an amazing, flexable, athlete.  GOD I LOVE THIS SPORT!!! .... Your team cant help you, your coach cant help you.... Its you and me,,,, whos the best.  Its the last true sport thats left in this world.

Screw that I applaud Metcalf. Who the hell wants to sit there and watch a dude jump around WITH TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK!! Metcalf told you before if you wrestle him he's gonna wrestle you the whole 7 min., that's exactly what he did.

Your statement about him pushing caldwell in regulation is wrong the whistle had blown and time had expired otherwise Iowa would not of lost a team point.  As to caldwell celebrating early it was something to be frowned upon but metcalf was obviously beaten so there was no need for him to chase caldwell like a sore loser just my opinion.  Grats to kyle on third.

caldwell wrestled a very good match even better seeing it live but IOWA produces no loser and metcalf was still wrestling in my point of view or he would have pushed him out can't wait till next year in Nebraska

put your self in his shoes.... the baddest mofo "going into" the ncaa's is about to lose and his opponent tries to do a backflip during the match, hell nah!!! he wrestled to the end and wasnt about to let caldwell get away with that. i would have done the same thing  :evil:. hell of a match to caldwell.

put your self in his shoes.... the baddest mofo "going into" the ncaa's is about to lose and his opponent tries to do a backflip during the match, hell nah!!! he wrestled to the end and wasnt about to let caldwell get away with that. i would have done the same thing  :evil:. hell of a match to caldwell.

Exactly my point, well put.

Metcalf is classless...  Bad losser, pushing Caldwell like that.   Caldwell took it to his A$$!!!!  He had a great plan going into the match.  I thought that he might get tired and stall in the later part of the match, but he never quit!!!!!   He is an amazing, flexable, athlete.  GOD I LOVE THIS SPORT!!! .... Your team cant help you, your coach cant help you.... Its you and me,,,, whos the best.   Its the last true sport thats left in this world.

i disagree the kid did and round off back flip while the match was still going that is a little uncalled for and dont think metcalf did anything wrong, the kick kneed him in the face during the back flip too, showing just how ridiculous it is to celebrate early. but still that kid workewd him and it was tight

You know I was just thinking about it and that was F***** up they took a team point away from Iowa and not NC State. If I recall isn't it illegal to celebrate a touchdown? Shouldn't the same rules apply to any NCAA sport? It was basically like him celebrating so not only should team points be taken away but there should also be a fine involved. That is not my point though, I could care less if a team point was taken away from a crappy NC State team, my point is Metcalf's actions were totally justifiable.

i think the point was deducted becuase metcalf pushed him after the match was over not because he pushed him when the match was still going

That is correct.  Also it was a point because it was the 3rd warning to Iowa for the tournament and therefore the 1 point deduction.  NCState may have also got a warning but if it was the first one of the tournament it wouldn't be a team point.

You know I was just thinking about it and that was F***** up they took a team point away from Iowa and not NC State. If I recall isn't it illegal to celebrate a touchdown? Shouldn't the same rules apply to any NCAA sport? It was basically like him celebrating so not only should team points be taken away but there should also be a fine involved. That is not my point though, I could care less if a team point was taken away from a crappy NC State team, my point is Metcalf's actions were totally justifiable.

A fine?  Are you serious?  This isn't the NFL, these kids dont make millions.

Screw that I applaud Metcalf. Who the hell wants to sit there and watch a dude jump around WITH TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK!! Metcalf told you before if you wrestle him he's gonna wrestle you the whole 7 min., that's exactly what he did.

Correction:  He wrestled for the whole 7 min and 3 seconds.  Caldwell started his backflip when time ran out and Metcalf hit him after the whistle blew.

I think we are upset that Metcalf lost...caldwell hits the backflip with no time on the clock..

If you beat the "Dan Gable" of this decade are you telling me you wouldnt have went crazy liek caldwell did... I am sure if Courtney would have been beaten who ever beat him would have went crazy..if it was in the finals or not...

the guy has a good argument, but in football its illegal to celebrate a touchdown because its still game time. no body celebrated after getting a takedown. but there are no  rules to keep you from celebrating after the game is won. and thats when caldwell celebrated after the match. and this is where metcalf got the point taken away. had the shove been done a sec before, the point would have gone the other way because metcalf had contact after the match was done.

p.s.- i was not upset at all to see metcalf lose after his speech he gave after simi-finals.

"i either pin or tech, never win by three" thats too much, he could have been upset that he didn't get more team points, but to be upset ( on national television) over just winning by 3 is a lil cocky for me. maybe just part of his dominance.

Correction:  He wrestled for the whole 7 min and 3 seconds.  Caldwell started his backflip when time ran out and Metcalf hit him after the whistle blew.

well he dose give 110%  :-D

It saddens me to be writing this because I was huge Iowa fan. I will now refer to myself as a Dan Gable fan. Intense does not have to = a$$hole.

Brent Metcalf could have set our sport back 10 years. Ever since Brands went back to Iowa there has been a steady decline of how Iowa endears itself to the wrestling community. Remember, the reason that Metcalf's action resulted in a team deduction is because of earlier warnings to the Iowa coaching staff. Be thankful that his punk move didn't send Caldwell off the raised mat and leave him with a serious injury. In Brands TV interviews he seemed like a bi-polar meth addict. While Gable was coaching the Hawkeyes no one behave in an unsportsmanlike manner. Except for 2, the Brands brothers.

With the legacy of  Gable coaches spread around the country, I don't understand why they would chose brands to captain the mother ship.