Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Harrison Courtney - Standing Ovation!

I just wanted to compliment Harrison Courtney on a tremendous accomplishment of winning 4 State Championships!

He has maintained his level of wrestling excellence while showing composure and class along the way!

I was expecting the crowd at state to put their bias aside and provide him a standing ovation. It would have been a great way to acknowledge their appreciation of his accomplishment.

Congrats to Harrison, the Courtney Family and to Woodford County for a class act! 

I just wanted to compliment Harrison Courtney on a tremendous accomplishment of winning 4 State Championships!

He has maintained his level of wrestling excellence while showing composure and class along the way!

I was expecting the crowd at state to put their bias aside and provide him a standing ovation. It would have been a great way to acknowledge their appreciation of his accomplishment.

Congrats to Harrison, the Courtney Family and to Woodford County for a class act! 

I saw many fans stand for Harrison both after he won his match and again after he received his award on the podium and they weren't just Woodford fan.  I agree a great kid, family support and a class act.  :-D

I'd expect everyone will wish him well whatever he chooses.  :-D

Remember, the school/Div Harrison choose doesn't reflect his ability, :wink: "My opinion" some just want to see him go to D1 to justify or compare how good he was. :?

He's a winner in my book, :wink: if he wrestle another match or not.

The Lexington Herald Leader ran an article about the state tourny today with a picture of Harrison Courtney on the front of the sports page in the top right corner and a 1/4 page pic of Zarth bleeding and 1/4 page summary of the Lexington area wrestlers   

Harrison Courtney is an outstanding young man! 4 state championships and a bright future ahead. I can't remember ever seeing him wrestle a match that I had to wonder if he would win! I'm sure everyone that has watched him wrestle over the years was standing last night when be became a 4 timer! Congrats to Harrison!

hell, i was in missouri and gave him a standing ovation. Whats wrong with everybody? that man did something that few in the nation have ever done, bias or not. Great job Harrison!!!

Personally I'm nota woodfordnfan but you have to give Harrison at least a little love and a ton of resect I think the reason we hate woodford is because of how good they usually are. I mean this was the first time in twenty years that they didn't finish in the top three

No two ways about it. Harrison is a class act. I spoke to the reporter from the Woodford Sun (weekly paper in Versailles). He said that Harrison is really hard to interview because he keeps trying to give credit to others, and doesn't like to talk about himself.

It's nice to see people who don't want to take all the credit for something and blame everything on other people I know that I personally struggle with not blaming other people for things.

Good for Cortney

I agree that Harrison Courtney represents all that is best about his sport. He'll be missed.

i agree because he was not that cocky of a guy eveb though i think he knew he was going to win but he did amazing all 4 years he won and is a great wrestler i hope he goes to college and does something big

ill be the first to say something negative. courtney was rather boring to watch this year in my opinion. it seemed like this year he was trying to just do enough to get by, where as in the past he has tried to just dominate his opponents. does anyone else feel the same?

well i think he didnt cut weight at all this year so maybe the size just slowed his gangster down a lil bit

i mean he did bump up 2 weight classes where ass before he was kinda large for a 45

ill be the first to say something negative. courtney was rather boring to watch this year in my opinion. it seemed like this year he was trying to just do enough to get by, where as in the past he has tried to just dominate his opponents. does anyone else feel the same?

He told me after practice one day last week he weighed like 153-4 and he wasn't even trying to lose weight.  Just like in years past where he went back down to 145 for the team he went up a weight this year for the same reason.  He wrestled the same as he always has just some were stronger this year.

yeah i hear he didnt cut much weight, and that may of had something to do with it.

I know I wish he would have cut to 152!!  :-D :-D

Him and his family are great people, total class act.  I expected a little more hoopla after he won in the finals as well.  Was surprised there wasn't an anouncement made following emphasizing a 4-time champ or something like that. 

Good luck to you Harrison in whatever you do after high school wrestling. 

does anyone else feel your lame? win for state titles and tell us how YOU went about doing it.

i guess you are the #1fan of harrisons nutsack? i give him props he is a great wrestler, it just shocked me he wasnt as dominate this year as he has been...calm down.

speaking for myself im not a big woodford county fan at all....but you have to give congrats were congrats are due and Harrison Courtney deserves his congrats on a four timer.....just to be a varsity high school wrestler takes alot of time and work to get better, win matches and stay healthy, but to be a 6 time state placer and a four time state champ takes alot of hours on the mat, year round training, blood, sweat, tears, and the whole school part of it as well....and i think he deserves everything  he gets and i hope to see him wrestle in college...if he sticks with it in college then i think he will do amazing things in the years to come....congrats and good luck in the future of wrestling. :-)

After you place in state, then you might begin to have grounds to down talk a 4 timer.

After you place in state, then you might begin to have grounds to down talk a 4 timer.

ZING

TOTAL SCORE

Hedges:1 --- People Who Do The Talking For Courtney: 1

Lets keep the action coming!  :-D