Sign in to follow this  
iamthechamp07

State Duals

Too funny... obviously you don't know Ruschell... if you think he'd part with his money...

Last I heard Simon will be there...

:-D :-D :-D

He offered me a steak dinner one time, so I feel pretty special.  Not tube steak either.

I'm thinking he threatened physical violence on Wilbers to get SK to not go to state duals.  Does anyone know Coach Wilbers where abouts at the current moment?

Can someone please give me an update on Matt Neal. I like that kid and really want to see him do well. Watching him wrestle is kinda like watching the Jerry Springer show, lol. OK Matt, that was kind of a joke and partly serious. I want to see Matt finish the season actually wrestling this time, no boxing.  He could make things very exciting at 189 if he is in good shape and has a good attitude. 

I think Ranger may be stirring the pot as far as Ryle.  The Raiders would certainly enjoy the competition but I checked with Coach and I don't think that the information is true about SK; unless Ranger knows something Coach doesn't.  Is it April already Ranger?

I think Ranger may be stirring the pot as far as Ryle.  The Raiders would certainly enjoy the competition but I checked with Coach and I don't think that the information is true about SK; unless Ranger knows something Coach doesn't.  Is it April already Ranger?

I didn't start the rumor.  Someone posted the state duals information and it listed Ryle.  I was only responding to that post.

Ranger - i noticed in your rankings you don't have Ryle or Seneca listed in the team duals rankings.  Any reason why..or just a slip?

As far as the state duals seedings go...i can see Trinity is the obvious 1 seed.  Beyond that, how does the arguments usually go in the seeding meeting?  IHonestly I don't see Woodford as an "obvious" 2 seed.  But then again, they are undefeated.  Is that all they go by is record? 

What was more recent, Larue's win over Union or Seneca's win over Larue?

Ranger - i noticed in your rankings you don't have Ryle or Seneca listed in the team duals rankings.  Any reason why..or just a slip?

As far as the state duals seedings go...i can see Trinity is the obvious 1 seed.  Beyond that, how does the arguments usually go in the seeding meeting?  IHonestly I don't see Woodford as an "obvious" 2 seed.  But then again, they are undefeated.  Is that all they go by is record? 

What was more recent, Larue's win over Union or Seneca's win over Larue?

It is probably because neither Ryle nor Seneca qualified for state duals.

That is correct.  I set up the rankings to only predict the state duals team finishes.  Once those teams were eliminated from contention I dropped them as they will not finish in the top 16 at the state dual tournament.

First flyer sent out was a mistake....The correct one went out today via email../

Saturday, January 31, 2009

16 Teams

Weigh-ins start at 8:00 AM

Seeding meeting immediately after weigh-ins

1st round action begins at 9:30 AM

$100 entry fee, made payable to Kentucky Wrestling Coaches Association

Scheduling of Matches

where are state duals held at?

Lexington-Henry Clay.  Saturday is a long way off.  With the amount of preparation that goes into planning this event I hope they are able to pull it off with as many of the 16 teams as possible. 

Lexington-Henry Clay.  Saturday is a long way off.  With the amount of preparation that goes into planning this event I hope they are able to pull it off with as many of the 16 teams as possible. 

idk its pretty bad here in lexington but who knows saturday is 2 days away lets hope 4 the best

I'm aware of how long away Saturday is. I also know over 500K are w/o power and the low tonight is in the teens and tomorr. is supposed to be just as cold, which won't allow for the thaw to take full effect.

Safety is #1 concern, not how much prep went into the event.

I still hope I'm in the Henry Clay gym on Sat watchin KY's best dual for a champion.

does anyone kno if the Henry Clay high school has power?

and if they dont, will it be canceled, or moved to a different school?

The interesting question is weight.  The new rule states one allowance pound for incliment weather.  Most teams have not practiced since Monday.  Many wrestlers will probably be 2 or 3 :wink: pounds from where they should.  What happens in that case?

Has any of the invited teams canceled? 

I would think it would be hard to reschedule that many of the top teams, especially to the week before regionals.

Does anyone know if Union County will be attending State Duals?

If so, could you let them know that they need to contact either Coach Feiser or Coach Canter as soon as possible.

Thanks.

If Coach Canter or Fiser want to contact me, I'll give them the cell # coach Ervin reached me from.  Mark Hitchings - 502-445-6862.  He says he can't reach Coach Fiser.