Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON NOV 15

Oh dinubus, you make me laugh.  I don't know that I was trying to insult your intelligence, but it was apparent to me that you were not following the entire discussion.  There were 2 independent discussions going on.  One involving Bollman and Thomson and the other Lenz and Brown.  And in my mind they were very much related.  Both had one person debating the ranking of one kid based on beating the other.  Not too hard to draw the parallels.

As far as your superior education and intelligence, I can't speak to that.  What I do know is that I can confidently say that I am a smart guy and I am in the process of finishing up my masters degree.  So, to say you have much more education and that your IQ dwarfs mine is pretty absurd.

As for the rankings, provide some evidence of my bias.  You throw an accusation like that out there.  Show some proof.  On the challenge, I have just as many demands on my time.  And I don't get much information handed to me, so why should I just hand it all to you?

I think you should forward the information to him that you get and see what he comes up with as well...it would probably be funny at least. 

Oh dinubus, you make me laugh.  I don't know that I was trying to insult your intelligence, but it was apparent to me that you were not following the entire discussion.  There were 2 independent discussions going on.  One involving Bollman and Thomson and the other Lenz and Brown.  And in my mind they were very much related.  Both had one person debating the ranking of one kid based on beating the other.  Not too hard to draw the parallels.

As far as your superior education and intelligence, I can't speak to that.  What I do know is that I can confidently say that I am a smart guy and I am in the process of finishing up my masters degree.  So, to say you have much more education and that your IQ dwarfs mine is pretty absurd.

As for the rankings, provide some evidence of my bias.  You throw an accusation like that out there.  Show some proof.  On the challenge, I have just as many demands on my time.  And I don't get much information handed to me, so why should I just hand it all to you?

I think you should forward the information to him that you get and see what he comes up with as well...it would probably be funny at least. 

Funny?  Who knows maybe he's better than ole ranger.  Cult of personalities aside,  I'd like to see this.  Let's put it to a challenge.  Ranger vs. Dinubus.  May the best man, or superior IQ win. 

Can I ask you to send out DVD copies of your meets for the coaches around the state so they can more easily scout you guys before state?  Even if you weren't concerned with the competitive aspect of it, it probably sounds pretty stupid to take time and effort to help a competitor.  I don't get my information because coaches are obligated to send it to me.  I get it because I have built those contacts.  And it is not merely forwarding a pm or an email.  I talk to guys and gals at meets and on the phone.  Am I supposed to type up a nice executive summary for dinubus to make it nice and easy.  NOT HAPPENING!  Besides, with his superior intelligence and education why should he need the same information.

Ranger, I thoroughly enjoy reading the rankings and even some of the discussions, it give's us some perspective of what wrestlers around the state are doing and is even entertaining at times, I am currently deployed in Iraq so this gives me a chance to keep up with what's going on. Thanks, keep up the good work

I don't know about you all but I think its about time someone finally have Ranger123 a hard time. 

The all mighty ranger hs been chanllenged and brought down a couple of notches.  WOO HOO.  :-D :-D :-D

Yeah I know I opened my big mouth and now ya all are gonna start back on me.  But what can I say it's what I do best.    :evil:

But unlike ya-all peeple with low IQ's.  We's can take it.  Arr smarts lets us be able to handle dose who are not as smart as us.  Ain't that rite "Die new Bus", ummm "Dino Bus", no wait I gots it. Yeah rite "Dinubus".  Sees I'm got smarts.

Should Mack Logsdon really be ranked 9th? All i know of him is that he was JV to Ethan Miller last year, i mean come on do you really think that a JV wrestler can make the change from JV matches to varsity?

I might be wrong... but I think someone told me that Tyler Baldwin (2x state champion) won his first state championship while being JV at the start of the year.

Yes that was Mike Nolan from Campbell Co., he beat one of the Coopers from Simon Kenton.  I believe the next year was a rematch of the finals with the Cooper winning.  I don't think Baldwin was JV at the beginning of that year but the year before he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Kyle Leugers and John Adams; kind of interesting how things shake out.

I believe it was Neil Cooper that Nolan beat for his championship.  I think it is between Nolan and Derek Nickel for probably the best championship run I have ever seen for a virtual non contender.

Should Mack Logsdon really be ranked 9th? All i know of him is that he was JV to Ethan Miller last year, i mean come on do you really think that a JV wrestler can make the change from JV matches to varsity?

He's pretty good.  I don't think that's overrated at all for him.  I think he'll be at least there or above this year.

Before you laugh to hard, let me point out that I currently hold 2 MS degrees.  One in Educational Administration, and one in Software Analysis and Engineering (Not too absurd anymore?).  Next, should you email me, I could pass along information on my personal demands, which I am sure will not equate to yours.  I have much more.  Also, my wrestling credentials outweigh yours.

I didn't quote your other comments about passing competetive information.  However, due to my extra duties and personal work, I no longer coach.  Therefore, there would be no problem in that area.  However, on your side, you are an Assistant Coach at a current program in Kentucky.  Therefore, you are obtaining a competetive advantage if anyone.  Again, your explanation is biased rather than factual - just like your rankings must be as you still have not provided me with any information as to your reasons on the Thomson issue which is really what this was all about before you made it into a penis measuring contest.

Finally, the problem with your post was not that you were responding to two issues at once, rather that you put Thomson's name at the beginning of a paragraph which insinuated that Thomson lost half his matches.  Just because your britches are a little too big does not give you the right to cut down a good competitive individual that caused no issue with you.

this is pointless. its kentucky high school wrestling. everyone has their opinion man get over it. thomson will just have prove ranger wrong. since when did ranger's rankings affect how someone does during a match?

I figure Thomson will.  However, the point was just about the ethics behind ranger's rankings.  All I asked for was some analytical backing on the ranking.  It shouldn't be too hard to answer if he has some.  Obviously he doesn't and needs to inform everyone that his rankings are purely based on his personal opinion and not on anything substantial like he likes to make out to anyone that questions him.

Sometimes a "JV" wrestler isn't always just a JV wrestler. There are times that they are a varsity class wrestler but happen to be at the same weight as a state champ or runner up.  That being the case, they have been practicing with the best so they should be able to step up right away.  That would be any coaches dream to have wrestlers waiting in the wings.    

I wouldnt be surprised to find some JV's from the very best programs that could place at state!

Really enjoy this sparring between Dinobus and Ranger. I think the ball is back in your court Ranger.

But, curious now on the wrestling credentials from Dinobus, care to share some info?

I know Ranger and he's been in more wrestling rooms and gymnasiums than most folks I know in KY, he does his homework!

By the way these rankings are great for the sport, keep up the good work!

But, curious now on the wrestling credentials from Dinobus, care to share some info?

I would except my credentials would kind of give away who I am and as we all know a little bit of anonymity isn't bad.  I just wouldn't want some wrestlers to be offended that I do not always stick up for them.  Typically it is because they haven't proved themselves yet, but anyway.  Those on here that do know who I am can vouch for what I have said.

I would except my credentials would kind of give away who I am and as we all know a little bit of anonymity isn't bad.  I just wouldn't want some wrestlers to be offended that I do not always stick up for them.  Typically it is because they haven't proved themselves yet, but anyway.  Those on here that do know who I am can vouch for what I have said.

Credentials?  Who cares...... if he has the education/background then lets do it.... shot for shot, ranking for ranking.

See who comes out on top.

OK time to get serious.  

I know that I may not be the brightest light bulb in the bunch here.  Actually sometimes the light isn't really on. But that never stopped me before so I'll put my 2 cent or $1.50 in.  

1st off I have not the slightest idea who you are dinubus.  You could be some freshman just spouting off steam (However I doubt that, most of them can't put sentences together).  Or you could be Joe Carr Sr. for all I know.  

2nd I happen to know who Ranger123 is.  I asked some people I know and found out.  Sorry Ranger, I never really wanted to know but the curiosity got to me.  I can say however Ranger does work hard on his rankings and tries to sort through tons of information each day (once the season starts).

Now on to my brilliant or at least lukewarm deductions.  

Pre-season rankings are probably a little bias.  Ranger has little information to go on.  Only last years results, some summer tourneys, some knowledge of camps attended, hearsay from other wrestlers, and gut feelings from ranger himself.  Being that he is a Nky boy he has more information on these boys than others.  He is not able to be everywhere in the state at once, or anytime.  He does this on his own dime. You (Dinubus) are probably correct that there is much bias toward the Nky boys in his pre-season polls.

However after the season starts he looses much of this bias because he has been able to get information from all over the state.  He then adjusts the rankings weekly to reflect those results.  Again he does this on his own dime.  Ranger has been able to get together the most comprehensive collection of Ky wrestling results possible without the help of mandatory submission by KHSAA. (This is required in almost every other sport in KY)

In the past I have verbally spared with ranger on here, but it was all in fun.  What you have started here dinubus is more than that.  I'm not here to get into a penis swinging contest (your words not mine) with you.  As for your two MS degree's.  Not a big deal.  I have two of them myself.  They were not that hard to obtain.  I little bit of will power and time in the library for research purposes and you have them.  They are much easier to obtain than a bachelors degree. Teaching these classes is even easier.  

Ranger probably spends more time deciphering his rankings than you did in obtaining both yours and my degrees together.  On top of this every year he must repeat his analysis and support his rankings on here to those who do not agree with him.  Just look at the rankings enjoy them and take them for what they are.  Nothing but someone else

dinoballs, again you make me laugh.  Technically, you are incorrect.  I never started a paragraph with Thomson's name.  I may have been included in the opening sentence, but did not start the paragraph.  And I in no way even came close to implying that Thomson lost half his matches.  Go back and put your superior education to use.  Step 1:  I mention the Thomson/Bollman discussion.  Step 2:  I introduce the fictional character who lost to half of the state qualifiers in the bracket.  Not that complicated.  And definitely not enough to get your panties in such a wad.  I'm not sure if you think I have something against Thomson or North Oldham.  But as far as I know I have never spoken to Thomson and I get along fine with Coach Fulk.  As a matter of fact, he has shared information withe me in the past.

Are you looking for me to create a fancy, mysterious formula?  What is this, the BCS?  Does the AP provide indepth analysis when they publish updated rankings?  And they really mean something in college football and basketball.  If that's what you really want, I can come up with something.  Let's see, 140, I think I did something like:

(length of inseam) divided by (# yrs exp of head coach) multiplied by (# MS degrees held by father) raised to power (life demands*)

* life demands = 1000 if you go to North Oldham because you can claim a small portion of the hectic life dinoballs leads or 0 for everyone else

Oh wait, maybe that was 145.  I don't know, us common folk have such a hard time dealing with complex math and keeping things straight in our ordinary lives.  Maybe one of these days you can enlighten the rest of us and let us in on a small piece of your God-like intellect and athletic ability.